PDA

View Full Version : Sundays game - query

SeanDrog
02/08/2005, 3:43 PM
Lads

I always rated Mr Matthews very highly but I was amazed to see his formation and selection on Sunday. I would have thought he would have brought Baker and Myler on a lot earlier as Keegan did nothing but fall on his ass during the game. I thought it was the poorest performance from a Longford side in a long time (which shows how bad we are playing as we were very lucky at the death).

Do Lonford lads agree or disagree with me on the selection issue or is this something that has been going on for a while?

We were there for the taking.

Xlex
02/08/2005, 3:50 PM
we are having a hard time closing out games. I suppose had we held out for a further minute then we would have won the game but Matthews is one of the most cautious managers in the game and it costs us games now and again. If we were in the habit of conceeding 90+ minute goals we would probably be much further down the table. The result of this is that we draw far to many games.

Xlex
02/08/2005, 3:56 PM
in saying that we have only conceeded four times in 85+ mins. But we have a real lack of goal scoring and Andy is playing poor. We should have beat Shels of the park awhile back and ended up losing 1 nil.

In short if you were there for the taking then we should have won. Take that, Waterford at the start of the season and the shels game and we would have three more games won and only one of those was a draw.