PDA

View Full Version : from the lodge to the box

dalo
02/04/2002, 1:51 PM
written by plunket carter. it is a potted history of cork hib's and cork football from earliest times.

while it has it's faults overall it a good read and well worth a look in by any fan of cork soccer or cork sport. very good value at 8.00 euros.

Colm
02/04/2002, 1:59 PM
Ive read it and it is indeed a good book. It gives a great insight into the history of Cork soccer and even gives a mention to "Moses and his followers in the shed". There also a nice picture of the 1998 cup winning team.

Éanna
03/04/2002, 8:25 AM
nice one, I have a copy on it's way over to me, glad to hear it was worth the hassle! I'm gettin all nostalgic for cork soccer now:( :D

niamh
03/04/2002, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
nice one, I have a copy on it's way over to me, glad to hear it was worth the hassle! I'm gettin all nostalgic for cork soccer now:( :D

It's easy to know that you've not watched City lately... ;)

Snatch
03/04/2002, 7:10 PM
Would I be right in saying that the Echo published a glossy book on the short history of Cork City F.C. about five years ago.

Do any of the members have it?
What is it like?

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 8:42 AM
email that turnip noel spillan he'll "sort you out"

Éanna
09/04/2002, 11:45 AM
well, i got it, along with I dunno how many copies of de echo! Easy tellin someone was here to visit me!:D Book is pretty good, bout halfway thru at de mo- still trying to figure out one particular bit about GAA(AAAAAAA) that seems to have been inserted for no apparent reason!?:confused: