PDA

View Full Version : LoI Matches Friday 14th October - Sunday 16th October 2022.

ToberonaTornado
12/10/2022, 5:12 AM
Premier Division:

Friday -
Finn Harps V Dundalk FC :ball:8pm (ref:P.McLaughlin)
Saint Patrick's Ath. V Bohemian FC :ball:7.45pm (ref:A.Reale)

Sunday -
Drogheda UTD V Shamrock Rovers :ball:5pm (ref: J.McLoughlin)

First Division:

Friday -
Athlone Town V Cork City (ref: K.O'Sullivan)
Bray Wanderers V Cobh Ramblers (ref: M.Houlihan)
Wexford FC V Galway UTD (ref: A.Patchell)

All 7:45pm k/o

--------------------------------

2 FAI CUP S/F Matches also on Sunday and both live on RTE2 -
Thread - https://foot.ie/threads/275493-2022-FAI-Cup

culloty82
13/10/2022, 2:24 PM
Striking programme cover by Finn Harps for tomorrow, with all proceeds donated to a dedicated fund:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe86CkAXgAAXrzV?format=png&name=medium

2 Year Contract
13/10/2022, 3:26 PM
Striking programme cover by Finn Harps for tomorrow, with all proceeds donated to a dedicated fund

That?s a lovely touch from Harps. I believe they?ll also be selling the programme online for anyone that wants to buy one

Mr A
13/10/2022, 5:45 PM
Clare is outrageously talented, there were 3 other designs considered and honestly they were all really good but this was the one chosen

ger121
14/10/2022, 8:06 PM
Devine out!

The Bowler
14/10/2022, 8:40 PM
Bray 1-5 Cobh. The owner and Devo are destroying the club.

culloty82
14/10/2022, 8:45 PM
And Athlone could overtake them on GD on the final day, though would have to beat Waterford in the process.

Longfordian
14/10/2022, 8:49 PM
That's a disgraceful result for Bray yet not all that surprising. I'd have sympathy for the decent Bray fans but not the scumbags that have attached themselves to their support in recent years.

Martinho II
14/10/2022, 9:03 PM
Devine out!

Thats a surprise appointment by Bohs! I know that hes out of football a while I think DD is taking a risk here imo.

Jack B
14/10/2022, 9:03 PM
Some embarrassingly dirty stuff from Bohs tonight. Hopefully Devine can stamp that out of them (forgive the pun).

joey B
14/10/2022, 9:10 PM
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season and it’s probably going to end in relegation the football side of our club needs a complete reboot,journey men plodder’s that couldn’t care less stealing a wage all season,useless just…..

sbgawa
15/10/2022, 1:23 PM
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season and it’s probably going to end in relegation the football side of our club needs a complete reboot,journey men plodder’s that couldn’t care less stealing a wage all season,useless just…..
Jeez joey will you get off the fence and say what you really think :)

culloty82
15/10/2022, 1:47 PM

https://twitter.com/1985Seagulls/status/1581250025619062786

sbgawa
15/10/2022, 2:49 PM
I've no gra for any of the bray Management but that tweet is a bit OTT .
Assistant manager VERBALLY attacks supporters! Unless there is a fair bit more to it than that I can only assume he was giving a bit back as I don't think he was having a go at supporters clapping him off the pitch.
Maybe there was more?? Any Bray fans comment?

joey B
15/10/2022, 2:52 PM
Jeez joey will you get off the fence and say what you really think :)

No lies!!

Longfordian
15/10/2022, 2:55 PM
I've no gra for any of the bray Management but that tweet is a bit OTT .
Assistant manager VERBALLY attacks supporters! Unless there is a fair bit more to it than that I can only assume he was giving a bit back as I don't think he was having a go at supporters clapping him off the pitch.
Maybe there was more?? Any Bray fans comment?

I'm not sure what they think the FAI are going to do about it.

Martinho II
15/10/2022, 3:30 PM

Wot about the media officer for bray who posts utter tripe like this?

total hoofball
15/10/2022, 3:34 PM
Bray/Cabinteely are some car crash. Devlin and his crew have some neck not to have resigned a long time ago

On the flip side huge credit must go out to Dermot Lennon and his Athlone Town players for turning around a trainwreck from the first half of the season

Martinho II
15/10/2022, 3:45 PM
Bray/Cabinteely are some car crash. Devlin and his crew have some neck not to have resigned a long time ago

On the flip side huge credit must go out to Dermot Lennon and his Athlone Town players for turning around a trainwreck from the first half of the season
l
Delighted for Athlone that things have picked up for them. They were brilliant in their win over us in Bishopsgate a few mths back. There must be a lot of unrest off the field as they didnt produce a match program this season at all. Hopefully next season normal service will resume!

Neish
16/10/2022, 11:12 AM

If we go down it will more or less be a complete clear out , if we manage to survive there is some I would keep but agree with you on the rest.

Essential to resign: Webster, Slevin, Tourish, N'zeyi, Connolly, McWoods
2nd prioty to resign: Boyle, Boylan, McNamee, Duncan

The rest not worthy of the wage IMO

joey B
16/10/2022, 12:36 PM
If we go down it will more or less be a complete clear out , if we manage to survive there is some I would keep but agree with you on the rest.

Essential to resign: Webster, Slevin, Tourish, N'zeyi, Connolly, McWoods
2nd prioty to resign: Boyle, Boylan, McNamee, Duncan

The rest not worthy of the wage IMO

Would agree with keeping most of them apart from Duncan,not sure what anyone has seen in him,it isn’t just the recruitment of first team players that should be looked at,we seem from looking in from the outside that we have a thriving underage setup but it’s not translating to players breaking through and getting regular football in the first team,a drop down a division and a change in the dugout might see that change but who knows,maybe the players just aren’t good enough coming through…..

Neish
16/10/2022, 2:10 PM
Would agree with keeping most of them apart from Duncan,not sure what anyone has seen in him,it isn’t just the recruitment of first team players that should be looked at,we seem from looking in from the outside that we have a thriving underage setup but it’s not translating to players breaking through and getting regular football in the first team,a drop down a division and a change in the dugout might see that change but who knows,maybe the players just aren’t good enough coming through…..

Agree that the clubs youth players should of got more first team games in recent years. And whilst I know its a big step up and that a player can rule to roost right though youth structures often fins i very hard to adapt to the senior game. At the same time most other LOI clubs seem to be giving young players a chance, so not sure why we aren't when our underage teams are very competitive

Calcio Jack
16/10/2022, 4:50 PM
Rovers go 1 up in total control then decide to disintegrate ? lucky to be drawing at ht

oriel
16/10/2022, 5:02 PM
Bigger fish to fry next Sunday CJ, you have our full support for the big game v Pats!!

Calcio Jack
16/10/2022, 5:58 PM
Bigger fish to fry next Sunday CJ, you have our full support for the big game v Pats!!

Pats are the form team at the moment Rovers have lost their way ? Double for Derry is theirs to lose?.

ger121
16/10/2022, 6:10 PM
Pats are the form team at the moment Rovers have lost their way ? Double for Derry is theirs to lose?.

Mind games there. 6 ahead with a +5 GD. 2 home games to come and away to UCD on the last day of the season. If Derry only draw in Tallaght but still managed to get 9 points from their other 3 games, then 4 points from the other 2 games vs Pat?s and UCD and it is job done. You have a bit of a buffer but Derry really have none. Rovers to lose.

oriel
16/10/2022, 6:26 PM
Rovers could actually have 'afforded' to lose that game today, and would still have had points on board to get the job done.

No messing now on Sunday guys, you need the 3 points v Pats to be sure :D

Calcio Jack
16/10/2022, 6:31 PM
Rovers could actually have 'afforded' to lose that game today, and would still have had points on board to get the job done.

No messing now on Sunday guys, you need the 3 points v Pats to be sure :D

We?ll just so they?re warned the likes of CSAD better start preparing for how hurt they?ll be when we play our U/19s in remaining Conference League matches?

PS we play Pats next Friday

refjohn
16/10/2022, 6:37 PM
Mind games there. 6 ahead with a +5 GD. 2 home games to come and away to UCD on the last day of the season. If Derry only draw in Tallaght but still managed to get 9 points from their other 3 games, then 4 points from the other 2 games vs Pat?s and UCD and it is job done. You have a bit of a buffer but Derry really have none. Rovers to lose.

If Shels hadnt made that sub last Sunday and the goal didnt happen then it might have been in Derry's hands. Probably need a 3 or 4 goal win in Tallaght to say in own hands given Rovers at UCD last and will likely get a bigger win than Derry could muster on Dundalk. (Sorry UCD fans). Much as hate to say it but think Derry have given Rovers a title race this year and onwards to next season.

pineapple stu
16/10/2022, 6:51 PM
Mannus subbed off today I see. That'll make things interesting if he's out for the season (which is just a few games of course)

oriel
16/10/2022, 7:32 PM
We?ll just so they?re warned the likes of CSAD better start preparing for how hurt they?ll be when we play our U/19s in remaining Conference League matches?

PS we play Pats next Friday

Banter like this, we really miss Ezeikial, hard to believe he is 2 years gone next Jan.

sbgawa
16/10/2022, 7:35 PM
If Rovers dont beat Pats next Friday and all recent form says we wont, than Derry will come to Tallaght with the title in their hands provided they win their home game agaisnt Shels and away to a poor Sligo team

We need a massive performance from this team next Friday or we run the risk of losing the league.

Kingswood Rover
16/10/2022, 8:08 PM
Real Jekyll and Hyde stuff from Rovers absolutely Cruizin should have had a couple before we scored had we followed in to the box for the spills their keeper had and then totally switched off conceded, became a bag of nerves, huffed and puffed in the 2nd half. We are bang average

placid casual
16/10/2022, 8:47 PM
If Rovers dont beat Pats next Friday and all recent form says we wont, than Derry will come to Tallaght with the title in their hands provided they win their home game agaisnt Shels and away to a poor Sligo team

We need a massive performance from this team next Friday or we run the risk of losing the league.
If Im not mistaken if we draw against Pat's on Friday and derry beat both shels and sligo, they would still have to come to Tallaght and beat us. That ain't gonna happen sbgawa. We also have a +5goal difference over them.

refjohn
16/10/2022, 8:51 PM
If Im not mistaken if we draw against Pat's on Friday and derry beat both shels and sligo, they would still have to come to Tallaght and beat us. That ain't gonna happen sbgawa. We also have a +5goal difference over them.

yeah think you right - but if you lose 1-0. and derry have 2 wins with a +4 goal difference they would be ahead on goals scored. Then could go to final night shoot out as I said above.

lots of ifs, buts and maybes to go yet ;-)

ontheotherhand
16/10/2022, 8:59 PM
The smart money is on Derry for the double now. The form table tells the story.

We might scrape it with our home form but I said Derry would do it a few weeks back and they've been even better than I'd feared. If they had Duffy all season they'd probably be top already. Conversely we've been poor since Jack came back. Tough decisions to be made in the off season now around some big names.

ger121
17/10/2022, 10:49 AM
The smart money is on Derry for the double now. The form table tells the story.

We might scrape it with our home form but I said Derry would do it a few weeks back and they've been even better than I'd feared. If they had Duffy all season they'd probably be top already. Conversely we've been poor since Jack came back. Tough decisions to be made in the off season now around some big names.

You probably have peaked with this group of players, which is inevitable anyway after a few successful seasons. If you want to keep ahead of the chasing pack in the league and progress again in Europe then that squad is going to need a major overhaul in the off-season.

ontheotherhand
17/10/2022, 5:25 PM
You probably have peaked with this group of players, which is inevitable anyway after a few successful seasons. If you want to keep ahead of the chasing pack in the league and progress again in Europe then that squad is going to need a major overhaul in the off-season.

It needs energy and a bit more bite in midfield for sure. Deegan is past his best but always gives us a rough time. Jack used to give him the run around but he's not able for it now.

A striker who can operate differently to Gaffney is key as well. Someone with pace who can hurt teams him Europe.

ToberonaTornado
17/10/2022, 7:04 PM
Wot about the media officer for bray who posts utter tripe like this?

I'm banned from following the Bray W. Twitter a/c !
Have never interacted with,rt'd or even mentioned them once in a tweet. EVER!

:cool: Their loss :cool: :D