PDA

View Full Version : a right bags of a season

dalo
02/04/2002, 1:48 PM
hasn´t it? out of the top 4 or the first time since 1996 and playing some awful football to boot.

hopefully things will improve with brian batter burger lennox at the helm.

as for liam even he would admit he has made a hell of a lot of mistakes and i for one would he prefer if he concentrated on the youths set up.

yet we know this is unlikely to happen so let's hope he can wise up.

my one worry about brian lennox is that essentially a decent and sound bloke he is quite young and may find the job to big for him. running a luandrette is one thing but a football club is a different kind of soap.

Colm
02/04/2002, 2:01 PM
It has been by far the worst season ive witnessed in my time following city. Its been an absolute shambles.

Éanna
03/04/2002, 8:27 AM
Originally posted by dalo
as for liam even he would admit he has made a hell of a lot of mistakes and i for one would he prefer if he concentrated on the youths set up.
Half of the problem is that he WON'T fcuking admit it! I'd love if he concentrated on the youths, cos he seems to be pretty good at that.

dalo
03/04/2002, 9:12 AM
yeah he probably knows privately himself though. i reckon he will get a clean slate next season but if they hit a bad run it will be adios

pete
03/04/2002, 11:10 AM
Last two seasons have been terrible. Probably more due to lack of leadership off the pitch (Board level) than anything else.

Hopefully with someone who wants to lead the club in charge things will improve gradually if not in the short term.

niamh
03/04/2002, 1:42 PM
After the season we've just had, all we have to hope for is a bright future...

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 8:45 AM
Originally posted by niamh
After the season we've just had, all we have to hope for is a bright future... our future seems to keep being snapped up by former premiership teams,bar carey.............

niamh
04/04/2002, 12:46 PM
A good point, but if we had some of these players on contract at least the club would benefit from them leaving.

City have lost too many players on free transfers, as have the league in general.

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 1:42 PM
brian barry murphy............................................