PDA

View Full Version : Community Shield - Anyone Going?

Peadar
02/08/2005, 9:12 AM
I'm heading down to Cardiff on Sunday for the Arsenal v Chelsea game. Anyone else going?

Plastic Paddy
02/08/2005, 9:29 AM
Not a chance. I'm still trying my damnedest to ignore the new football season, and not just for the obvious reasons. Give me back my summer! :D

:ball: PP

magic moments
02/08/2005, 9:54 AM
Was going to go, however going to dublin this weekend to watch MAYO beat kerry!!!

Good luck to Chelsea!!!

Karlos
02/08/2005, 5:28 PM
Was going to go but getting kind of bored of the whole trip to Cardiff - 4 years running now(although it should be a good game I reckon). Tickets even went on general sale for Arsenal this year. Awkward enough place to get to for a lot of gooners and many aren't too interested in sharing trains with Chelsea fans! :)

Tight budget this year so have gone for the home game Vs Newcastle next weekend instead what with it being the last year of Highbury n all.

Enjoy the game :ball:

crazyaxel
02/08/2005, 8:14 PM
MAYO BEAT KERRY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

and im a mayo man!

Peadar
03/08/2005, 7:42 AM
Tickets even went on general sale for Arsenal this year.

Tickets were on general sale last year too.
I just didn't fancy the trip.

Awkward enough place to get to for a lot of gooners and many aren't too interested in sharing trains with Chelsea fans! :)

It's a straight run down the M4 and very well serviced by trains from London Paddington. (All of which are sold out up until 11.45)
I'm going down on Saturday night.

have gone for the home game Vs Newcastle next weekend instead what with it being the last year of Highbury n all.

Looking to get a ticket to that myself.
I'm going to Highbury tomorrow for a training session. Get to see the farewell exhibition afterwards. I'll say hi to Wenger and the boys for you. :)

Karlos
03/08/2005, 3:45 PM
It's a straight run down the M4 and very well serviced by trains from London Paddington. (All of which are sold out up until 11.45)
I'm going down on Saturday night..

Many of the lads I know from London have been held up in traffic diversions on almost every single trip to Cardiff. Having to play a semi at 12.45 last year and travelling at an ungodly time and still getting caught up in delays was the final straw for some of them!! :)

Looking to get a ticket to that myself.
I'm going to Highbury tomorrow for a training session. Get to see the farewell exhibition afterwards. I'll say hi to Wenger and the boys for you. :)

My bloody ticket for the member day training arrived today! I thought I hadn't been successful and hadn't bothered booking flights or time off etc....Can't get the time off work so my Bro is going instead now......gutted. :mad:

I'll have to make do with watching it on Arsenal TV tomorrow morning. Enjoy, should be a great day!!

Peadar
05/08/2005, 8:23 AM
I'll have to make do with watching it on Arsenal TV tomorrow morning.

You can see my pictures here... (http://footballfotos.yafro.com)
There's quite a lof of them. :)

Hibs4Ever
05/08/2005, 9:44 AM
I'm heading down to Cardiff on Sunday for the Arsenal v Chelsea game. Anyone else going?

HELL NO!! The Edinburgh derby is on Sunday :D :D

Karlos
05/08/2005, 9:54 AM
You can see my pictures here... (http://footballfotos.yafro.com)
There's quite a lof of them. :)

Peadar,

Can't seem to see any of the pics when the site opens?

Is the problem my end or yours?

Cheers

regards

Karlos :)

Eire06
05/08/2005, 10:15 AM
Peadar,

Can't seem to see any of the pics when the site opens?

Cheers

regards

Karlos :)
I could see all the pictures fine :D

Karlos
05/08/2005, 10:29 AM
I could see all the pictures fine :D

Us Gooners have be known to have eyesight problems

Just like Mr. Wenger - 'i didn't see it' :D :D

Peadar
05/08/2005, 10:50 AM

It would seem to be yours since I've opened them on multiple machines here.
Are you getting anything at all?

Karlos
05/08/2005, 11:03 AM
All I can see is on the site is the titles of the pics - no images or thumbnails and they're not hyper links so can't figure it out - same on all 5 pages of your pics.

Bit weird as I'm at work and usually don't have a problem with these things!!!

I'm beginning to think Members Day just wasn't meant to be for me this year!!! :)

Peadar
05/08/2005, 11:46 AM
All I can see is on the site is the titles of the pics

Can you see this? (http://FootballFotos.yafro.com/photo/9238999)

Karlos
05/08/2005, 11:58 AM
Can you see this? (http://FootballFotos.yafro.com/photo/9238999)

nope! must be something to be with the pc here in work! :mad:

I'll just have to check em when I get home!

After all this excitement, they better be good!! LOL :) :)

Peadar
05/08/2005, 12:05 PM
After all this excitement, they better be good!! LOL :) :)

You'll have to ask someone else if they're any good.
I'll get Pat O'Banton on the case. :)

Arsene About
05/08/2005, 12:53 PM
I can see your pictures fine Peader, good job, some very nice pics. As a matter of interest, how di duyou get to the open day? was it through a draw for members? I went on the tour of the ground a few weeks back, pretty enjoyable overall.
Anyone think Jenas might be on his way?

Peadar
05/08/2005, 1:02 PM
how di duyou get to the open day? was it through a draw for members?

Yeah, there was a draw.
It was the last Members Day in the famous old ground.
Hope you liked the picture of the new stadium cropping up behind the West Stand?

Anyone think Jenas might be on his way?

From what I saw yesterday, Hleb will start on Sunday.
Can't see Jenas coming to Arsenal during this transfer window.

The starting line-up for Sunday would seem to be;

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Senderos Cole
Ljungberg Flamini Hleb Pires
Henry Reyes

Peadar
08/08/2005, 8:03 AM
It would seem that Chelsea fans are above contributing to the football community. The thousands of empty seats in their section was an utter disgrace. Don't know if it was so apparent on TV but there were whole sections empty.
What more should we expect, I suppose! :rolleyes:

OwlsFan
08/08/2005, 9:12 AM
HELL NO!! The Edinburgh derby is on Sunday :D :D

Sorry for your troubles.

Didn't see the Charity Shield game. How did Duffer do ?

Peadar
08/08/2005, 11:44 AM
Didn't see the Charity Shield game. How did Duffer do ?

Hardly featured, outplayed when he did.
Arsenal were the better side but Chelsea finished 2 out of 3 chances on target. Arsenal finished 1 out of 5. Same old, same old.
Hleb looked good for Arsenal when he came on.

Karlos
08/08/2005, 11:58 AM
Peadar, glad to here you enjoyed the game! p.s. finally saw the pics, very nice! :)

Enjoyed the game yesterday. Was delighted with the midfield performances of Fabregas, Flamini and Gilberto. Gilberto and Fabregas looked excellent together as they have done in the past and Flamini worked very hard although his passing was slightly off. Surprised at how many headers Cesc and Mathieu won yesterday - very combatative both of them. Patrick who?

Felt Arsenal slowed the ball down a lot when they got into the final third. For me Henry & Bergkamp looks slightly off full fitness and didn't take too many people on (although 11 behind the ball kinda made that impossible at times).

The pre-match presentation of dignatries was interesting, with Arsenal & our New Skipper again showing their class. If you were observant you'd know what I'm talking about! All the money in the world hasn't bought them a drop of class I see.

The funniest sight of the day however was Crespo running to the corner flag with about 5 minutes remaining to kill off a friendly game - kinda summed up their performance! Must say however, Drogba took both his goals fantasically well, fair play.

p.s. did they manage to find the sniper that shot Drogba in the penalty area?? :D

Overall, very satisfied with the performance - another weeks training and the lads will be ready to go!

Peadar
08/08/2005, 12:05 PM
Overall, very satisfied with the performance - another weeks training and the lads will be ready to go!

They've got a light training session against Newcastle next Sunday. ;)

The young lads did brilliantly in the centre.
Gilberto is too often an unsung hero and showed his class yesterday.
I felt for Senderos because Drogba is a tricky individual and not easy to defend against. Cygan could learn a few things about defending from Senderos though.
Did you not rate Hleb?
Perhaps the cameras didn't pick up on a lot of his movement.

pete
08/08/2005, 12:57 PM
Why is it called the Community Shield?

:confused:

Karlos
08/08/2005, 1:00 PM
Did you not rate Hleb?
Perhaps the cameras didn't pick up on a lot of his movement.

I thought he did well when he had the ball but your right the camera doesn't pick up the movement that well and so my judgement is limited to when he did actually have it.

I've seen enough over the 4 or 5 pre-season games to know he gonna be a good player for Arsenal. I've been most impressed with his tracking back when he's lost the ball. I think he's more like Ljungberg than any other player in the squad, good touch, good passer and industrious - all fine qualites to have. Would be great if he turned out to be a goalscoring midfielder too but I've a feeling he's more of a creator of chances than a taker of them. All looks good however.

Peadar
08/08/2005, 2:50 PM
Why is it called the Community Shield?

It raises money for football in the community.
Honouring the volunteers, who work tirelessly at grass roots level.
They use the funds to train coaches and buy equipment.