PDA

View Full Version : Keely for City?

Colm
02/04/2002, 1:28 PM
Now that Dermot Keely has resigned from $hel$ wouldnt it be great if Brian Lennox could tempt him ton come to city. He has proven himself to be an outstanding manager and would be great for city if we could afford him. He would, in my opinion, bring the glory days back to the cross and it would also mean that we would be rid of that incompetent fool Liam Murphy.

patsh
02/04/2002, 1:39 PM
Keely has been a good manager for many years, but he is not the man for City at this time. In his present state of mind he is no good to any club. By his own admission, he got a nervous breakdown during the season and has no appetite for the game or all the goings on around the eL.
I do not want LM, but it seems, he will be here for a while so we may as well get used to it............:(

Neil
02/04/2002, 1:41 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
In his present state of mind he is no good to any club. By his own admission, he got a nervous breakdown during the season
A deaf, dumb, blind fella with a dodgy ticker would be an improvement on Gunther.

Unfortunately we're stuck with him.

Colm
02/04/2002, 1:55 PM
I know Lennox has given Gunther a vote of confidence but do any of you honestley believe that if Dermot Keely came up to him and said he wanted to manage city Lennox would think twice about giving Murphy. I dont think so.

patsh
02/04/2002, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by Neil
A deaf, dumb, blind fella with a dodgy ticker would be an improvement on Gunther.
That is very true, but Keeley is not "a deaf, dumb, blind fella with a dodgy ticker", he is not a well man who, by his own words, is unable to handle any kind of job in football at the moment.
Lennox would be a fool to take a chance on someone like that, and please, please, please let's hope BL is not a fool. Lennox has to give Murphy enough rope to hang himself..

Troy.McClure
02/04/2002, 3:44 PM
Lennox has to give Murphy enough rope to hang himself..

LOL :D

Snatch
03/04/2002, 12:27 AM
Have ye no shame?.:mad:

What would we want with that Jackin? He is like a Jack version of Gunther anyway. he wasn't the greatest proponent of good football, he just happened to be backed by the evil axis of the $heliban.

Éanna
03/04/2002, 8:50 AM
Lennox has to give Murphy enough rope to hang himself..

I like it! :D nah, keely's is an unmitigated pr!ck anyway. If we're going to have a complete @rsehole as manager, at least let it be a cork one, and not a jackeen one!

Troy.McClure
03/04/2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Éanna

I like it! :D nah, keely's is an unmitigated pr!ck anyway. If we're going to have a complete @rsehole as manager, at least let it be a cork one, and not a jackeen one!

I can see the headlines tomorrow...

"Éanna Supports Gunter!" :eek:

pete
03/04/2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Éanna

Think that sums it up.

;)

How could anyone want to replace one moaner with another? IM O Keely has underachived with the resources hes had at his disposal

niamh
03/04/2002, 1:40 PM
i wopuld prefer to see Keely in charge any day over Gunther. If you limit City to only Cork men for manager who would you suggest then???

patsh
03/04/2002, 1:47 PM
I think the point, Niamh, is if we must have an arseh*le, better a local arseh*le than one from Dublin.....!;)
Better to be sh*t on by Murphy's rather than Guinness, if you get my drift...........:D

niamh
03/04/2002, 1:56 PM
I get what you are saying but the fact remains that Keely has lead TEAMS to championships and Murphy hasn't.

Colm
03/04/2002, 2:00 PM
Keelys record speaks for itself and quite frankly Murphys doesnt. Who cares where hes from, the only obstacles would be finances and maybe the mans health.

patsh
03/04/2002, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Keelys record speaks for itself and quite frankly Murphys doesnt. Who cares where hes from, the only obstacles would be finances and maybe the mans health.
Maybe his health??
He himself says he is incapable of doing the job. What would be the point of getting a guy like that?
BTW, I don't give a f*ck where anybody is from if it's good for City.....!

pete
03/04/2002, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Keelys record speaks for itself and quite frankly Murphys doesnt.

Does anyone have a report on Keelys record handy?

Troy.McClure
03/04/2002, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by pete
Does anyone have a report on Keelys record handy?

Ya, it said that he mumbles incoheriently to himself while twitching and incessently scratching his chin and should take time off from anything that couses pressure in his life aswell as taking 2 red tablets at lunch time and one white one before he goes to bed each night! :D

Troy.McClure
03/04/2002, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by niamh
I get what you are saying but the fact remains that Keely has lead TEAMS to championships and Murphy hasn't.

But surely Keely didnt do it on his first (and a third) go at it? Im not saying that Gunter is great or anything, but Alex Furguson was almost fired from Man U when he took over first and look at him now.

PS Please dont bother saying that you thing that I am saying that Gunther will be like Alex Furguson, Im not. What Im saying is that records and reputations are built up over years, not months. THINGS TAKE TIME, LIKE IT OR NOT!:eek:

joe
03/04/2002, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

PS Please dont bother saying that you thing that I am saying that Gunther will be like Alex Furguson, Im not. What Im saying is that records and reputations are built up over years, not months. THINGS TAKE TIME, LIKE IT OR NOT!:eek:

if you ask me, it's a pity some people didn't think like that 14 months ago

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 8:40 AM
when keely can put an entire sentence together without fault,then he might be considered

niamh
04/04/2002, 12:49 PM
Keely isn't as bad a manager as some people are trying to make out. Don't get me wrong I don't think he's the best manager in the league by a mile, but he is unemployed at the minute and there aren't a lot of good managers around who are presently without a club...

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 1:33 PM
speaking of managers one damien richardson was doin colour for tv3 on tuesday night at the bayernmunich-realmadrid match

if thats not a good reflection on his managing abilities what is? i was really pleased to see tv3 at Last cop on and recognise that the el exists(though only minutley)
WELL DONE DAMO

Troy.McClure
04/04/2002, 5:56 PM
Noel King (the Shels coach and, I bet, their next manager) has been with tv3 since they started (& has even been 'on' Apres Match). He is supposed to be very good, and Shels enjoyed some of their best results (and football) under him this year. Saying that though, I think that he talks cr@p (or maybe its just his annoying Dub accent).