PDA

View Full Version : Clubs and moneymen!!

Cosmo
02/08/2005, 8:55 AM
What clubs have guys that throw a few bob their way?

I think 1 or 2 people used throw a few bob into Bohs up til a couple of years ago but dont think they do that anymore??

We all know about the drogs :)

Whats the story with the other clubs in the league??

A face
02/08/2005, 9:08 AM
Brian Lennox .... Cork City FC .... losing money every year !!

And some people want the shirt off the guys back.

Peadar
02/08/2005, 9:16 AM
Danny Drew - Limerick FC?

Cosmo
02/08/2005, 9:22 AM
Brian Lennox .... Cork City FC .... losing money every year !!

And some people want the shirt off the guys back.

Is Lennox putting in much?

pete
02/08/2005, 9:46 AM
Is Lennox putting in much?

He is the sole owner of the club. He makes up any loses, puts up the cash for Euro trips etc... It wouldn't be good to talk about specific numbers when ye are trying to buy our players.

How much are Drogs losing year on year?

Is it time to implement budget restrictions based so that can only spend certain percentage on wages?

Cosmo
02/08/2005, 9:58 AM
Eh well our gate receipts must be down this season with a slight fall in attendances!! (and the 500 club is just ticking over - very little profit on it). So you can only imagine how much our lot are putting in over the course of a season.

Lets put it like this it cost them a hell of a lot of money (and I was told the exact breakdown but aint gona give it here ;) ) out of their own pockets to get the club at zero after the mess that was left before them (that was up til the beginning of last season and they must've put in alot more since then!!). Fair play to them, only for them the club would've died.

While i dont agree with wage restrictions, I do think that clubs should be forced to put a certain percentage of all income towards marketing, pr, etc in their local area or even towards ground improvements.

Student Mullet
02/08/2005, 8:46 PM
UCD and Shamrock Rovers are the taxpayers' clubs. So we can all think of ourselves as moneymen and moneyladies.