PDA

View Full Version : Whats gone wrong?

Petmuller
02/08/2005, 1:25 AM
Lads that's three out of the last four we've lost :(
We waited for months for the transfer window to open and when it does we just lost our way. Speaking to other supporters tonight the thoughts seems to be the same, Sean brought in a couple of new faces and we have started free falling. We have by no means became a bad side over night but it has to be turned round now and it's up to Sean to get the lads fully focused for Friday's game in Galway. United had a great win in Kilkenny tonight and the wind will be in their sails big time. I spotted Dermot Keely in the showgrounds he's certainly a happy man tonight.
I don't know I'm puzzled as to where the problems lay, but it must be sorted.

I'm not looking forward to visiting the tribesmen on little bit.

Terry
02/08/2005, 7:50 AM
Would it be the possibility that Connors is messing around to much with new signings? Ye were playing brilliantly until he brought in the last 2 or 3 players? I remember MAn City running away with the english league back in the 70's when they decided to bring in one more new player in "Rodney Marsh" with only a few games to go. They lost the league in the end with the worst run in of the season. It also happened to Newcastle in the premiership (when Keegan famously blew a fuse!!) when they bought Asprilla. They won feck all after signing him!! Is there a possibility that this could be happening to Sligo? Just a thought. :confused:

nephin
02/08/2005, 8:52 AM
Would it be the possibility that Connors is messing around to much with new signings? Ye were playing brilliantly until he brought in the last 2 or 3 players? I remember MAn City running away with the english league back in the 70's when they decided to bring in one more new player in "Rodney Marsh" with only a few games to go. They lost the league in the end with the worst run in of the season. It also happened to Newcastle in the premiership (when Keegan famously blew a fuse!!) when they bought Asprilla. They won feck all after signing him!! Is there a possibility that this could be happening to Sligo? Just a thought. :confused:

It is a possiblility. When you bring in new players it can take a while for the team to gel. Also the defence haven't looked as solid in the last couple of games. Whatever the problem is I hope its sorted defore Friday or we're going to be fighting for playoff places.

gustavo
02/08/2005, 9:23 AM
but only one of the new signings has really played brown , rossiter i wouldnt consider a new signing cos most of the lads are familiar with him , its just a blip its a shame to see many supporters not getting behind the lads when things went wrong last night it was just one of those nights.

akearins
02/08/2005, 9:37 AM
We always realised tht at some stage we would hit a poor run of form but never thought it would be this dramatic.From having the best defence in the division to conceding 7 in 4 games and losing 3 out of 4.
One comment made by a supporter last night was that our game has changed since we signed browne, we all know he is a tall striker but we seem to be pumping high balls inot him all night from the wings and from the back.Before we were playing along the ground and breaking sides down by playing football.The high ball into a target man is meat an drink to the first division and when we played a more passing game we destroyed teams.
Also we didnt use ralph half enough last night everything seemed to be sent to fazs wing...How and ever even saying this the referees display has to be seriously questioned and the club should put in a formal complaint against Duddy.It has gone beyond a joke he is flashing yellow and red cards like thir going out of fashion and frustrating to watch to put it mildly...
keep the faith

Da Real Rover
02/08/2005, 4:50 PM
Duddy is a bloody disgrace, doesnt deserve to watch a game not to mention ref one (attempt to ref one). Petmuller your probably going to accuse me of sour grapes but no way in blue fu[k was that a handball by Mc Namara, of all Duddys decisions this really takes the biscuit. Up until then Rovers had multiple chances and the game was very open but that one kick in the teeth fu[ked the whole game up. I dont know how we're ment to beat teams when we're playing 10 against 11 + 1 Donegal string of p!ss. I cant comment on how the lads performed because we only saw 14 minutes of a game. But this bias against Rovers has gone on long enough, even neutral fans have commented on this so its not just in our heads. Something has to be done before somebody does do something we all are going to regret. Also i thought Dundalk took there chances well but what did irritate me was the cheating b@stard of a goalie and that dirty left back ya had. that challenge on Raf at the end was not a yellow card that was GBH, very dangerous tackle and Duddy as lenient with the opposition as ever.

Petmuller
02/08/2005, 5:18 PM
Duddy is a bloody disgrace, doesnt deserve to watch a game not to mention ref one (attempt to ref one). Petmuller your probably going to accuse me of sour grapes but no way in blue fu[k was that a handball by Mc Namara, of all Duddys decisions this really takes the biscuit. Up until then Rovers had multiple chances and the game was very open but that one kick in the teeth fu[ked the whole game up. I dont know how we're ment to beat teams when we're playing 10 against 11 + 1 Donegal string of p!ss. I cant comment on how the lads performed because we only saw 14 minutes of a game. But this bias against Rovers has gone on long enough, even neutral fans have commented on this so its not just in our heads. Something has to be done before somebody does do something we all are going to regret. Also i thought Dundalk took there chances well but what did irritate me was the cheating b@stard of a goalie and that dirty left back ya had. that challenge on Raf at the end was not a yellow card that was GBH, very dangerous tackle and Duddy as lenient with the opposition as ever.

I can't say if it was hand ball or not but what I'll go on was the lack of protest from any of our side, even our bench was silent for a change.
I think we shouldn't keep complaining about the poor quality of officialdom just get on with it and if need be beat the match officials as well. We know we can do it so let's just do it!!!!

garykelly
02/08/2005, 5:44 PM
All i can say is it was a definite hand ball. of that there can be no question at all. It was very apparent from where i was and everyone around me said it before the red card came out. It was instictive and deliberate so cannot be any qualms about it.

I would say, as i have said, that overall refing needs to be llooked at. nobody wants to watch a game that stops every two minutes. Duddy like other refs is so unconsistent it is untrue. He is very bad on general niggly stuff. If we edged someone out it was a freekick, whereas if they didnt it often wasnt given. anyway, if we win the refs pale into insignificance. Lets just get on with it and try and win this league.

Shiba
02/08/2005, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=Da Real Rover]Duddy is a bloody disgrace, doesnt deserve to watch a game not to mention ref one (attempt to ref one). Petmuller your probably going to accuse me of sour grapes but no way in blue fu[k was that a handball by Mc Namara, of all Duddys decisions this really takes the biscuit.

As bad as all as I think Duddy is as a referee,I'm afraid to say He got the handball right.

red metal
02/08/2005, 11:29 PM
Is it me or does any body see how bad Lowe and Burns are playing!I think Burns has got other thing on his mind and Lowe is been very bad since monaghan game!I think it time to give that Mc Cann lad his chance!Lowe got raped all night last night and then got a yellow card for about 200 fouls.

sligoman
02/08/2005, 11:30 PM
Is it me or does any body see how bad Lowe and Burns are playing!I think Burns has got other thing on his mind and Lowe is been very bad since monaghan game!I think it time to give that Mc Cann lad his chance!Lowe got raped all night last night and then got a yellow card for about 200 fouls.

:rolleyes:

garykelly
03/08/2005, 8:26 AM

suppose it makes us appreciate the level of form they have been playing at. every player in every team in any league in the world goes through good, average and poor form. Low and burns have been outstanding and if their form has dipped then we have to get behind these players and help them out. Low had a poor game against dundalk but no reason to replace him. that's defo not going to improve confidence or form

dublinred
03/08/2005, 8:39 AM
New manager , new players , dodgy officals lost 3 out of last four games yet still a point clear at the top, its terrible. :) :D

Da Real Rover
03/08/2005, 4:46 PM
From where i was standing which was probably 20 yards from the incident, it was no handball and everyone around me agreed that it was not a sending off or a handball. Maybe Petmuller the bench is silent because your always moaning on about our players protesting to much, maybe Sean has done something right :eek: , shock, horror. It is true that if we win the refs performance is less significant and it is true that our standards have dropped. But even when we play bad we generally at least deserve a point and for too many games we have been cheated out of points we rightly deserved. Ive said it before Petmuller that even Neutral fans have commented on the bias refs have against us, should we get on with it and just bollock the players and manager for a poor game, i only criticise them when they deserve it and this time the ref deserved it. I hate this air of infalibility that people have for refs, remember they are just human and just as prone to stupidity, incompetence and in Duddys case, bias.

Petmuller
03/08/2005, 9:56 PM
From where i was standing which was probably 20 yards from the incident, it was no handball and everyone around me agreed that it was not a sending off or a handball. Maybe Petmuller the bench is silent because your always moaning on about our players protesting to much, maybe Sean has done something right :eek: , shock, horror. It is true that if we win the refs performance is less significant and it is true that our standards have dropped. But even when we play bad we generally at least deserve a point and for too many games we have been cheated out of points we rightly deserved. Ive said it before Petmuller that even Neutral fans have commented on the bias refs have against us, should we get on with it and just bollock the players and manager for a poor game, i only criticise them when they deserve it and this time the ref deserved it. I hate this air of infalibility that people have for refs, remember they are just human and just as prone to stupidity, incompetence and in Duddys case, bias.

I was going to make a comment on the above but I won't as I have been ticked off twice already and have been yellow carded so I just better sing dumb.

We all have opinions and I have to respect yours just like you respect mine.

Shiba
03/08/2005, 10:49 PM
Looks like Specsavers is opening in time.I was sitting the far end of the ground and its definite handball probably the only thing that ass got right all season.

roversforever
03/08/2005, 11:10 PM
i missed the first half but two of the players have since told me it was a handball and he had to go,so looks like duddy was right on that one but he is such a bad ref.something has to be done about him.

Da Real Rover
04/08/2005, 4:26 PM
I was going to make a comment on the above but I won't as I have been ticked off twice already and have been yellow carded so I just better sing dumb.

We all have opinions and I have to respect yours just like you respect mine.
Lets agree to disagree on this one.

redman
04/08/2005, 5:37 PM
i missed the first half but two of the players have since told me it was a handball and he had to go,so looks like duddy was right on that one but he is such a bad ref.something has to be done about him.

Yes, I also spoke with a number of the players and according to Mick he went for the ball with his head but unfortunately his hand did touch it. So as much as I hate to admit it Duddy was right on this occasion eventhough it could be argued as being accidental.

I know its the rule of the game but its over the top punishment for such an incident i.e.

i) Penalty with resulting goal
ii) Down to 10 men
iii) Destroys fluency of game.
iv) Directly leads to loss of game
iv) loss of influential captain for probably 2 more games thereby jeopardising our whole promotion hopes.

This has got to be regarded as over the top!

If only Mick kicked the blasted thing in to the net himself! Ohhhhh... the benefit of hindsight!!!!!!!

garykelly
05/08/2005, 11:06 AM
if it was another player on an opposing team, half these posts on the handball wouldnt exist.

Lim till i die
05/08/2005, 11:35 AM
Don't mean to cause bother or anything I like Sligo its a good football town but could the reason for your recent slump not be that clubs are simply finding ye out :confused: Ye seem to have delusions of a fine footballing side but from the two games against us this season what I have seen from ye is a slight variation on the rest of the teams in this divisions hoofball. (albeit a variation that had all the other managers perplexed for a good while) From what I've seen of Sligo, particularly in our game in The Showgrounds (where we played ye off the park) you simply hoof your ball out to the wingers rather than straight down the middle like the other teams. Cut out your supply to the wings and you had f-all. Is your play still that one-dimensional :confused: If so maybe thats the reason.
Having said all that I think you still have a great chance of going up cos lets face it, the division is pi$$ poor this year

garykelly
05/08/2005, 1:35 PM
yer not far wrong. It's not fair though to say we have delusions of a fine footballing side. We've obviously watched alot more games than you. There has been games where we've played total football, away to monaghan and home to galway spring to mind. I would agree that this wasnt the case against limerick in either game. we should have lost at home and we robbed the points in limerick :p I'd agree with what ur saying our us being found out, i think teams are doing alot more homework on us now, whereas we were an unknown quantity coming into this season. I dont think we are direct enough at times.I dont mean direct as in hoof, i mean it in terms of forceful going forward.

Hopefully we can get back on track tonight.