PDA

View Full Version : Why did we loan him?

The Stars
01/08/2005, 9:43 PM
Can anyone come up with an explaination as to why we loaned Ian Rossiter.
He plays for the worst team in the Premier league and is regaurded as one of their worst players.When he left the club he was told he had no future at the club and we can now see why.His preformance tonight was the worst I have seen by any Rovers player this season.At one stage in the match he was walking after his man(you may remember it in the second half when the old fellow got the ball of him in the corner) and when people started voice their opinons towards him he had time to nod and smile at them,despite the fact we were 2-0 down and desperate for a goal.This shows both his lack of concentration and total lack of ability and fitness.
We all know that Gallagher is nothing great but of what I've seen he is twice the player Rossiter is.

sligoman
01/08/2005, 10:00 PM
We all know that Gallagher is nothing great but of what I've seen he is twice the player Rossiter is.

No way, Gallagher is not a good as Rossiter. Fair enough Rossi is not great but he is not as bad as Philly

roversforever
01/08/2005, 10:03 PM
i want purcy in the team,not just cos he's a mate but because he's way better than either of those two.

Rory H
02/08/2005, 10:18 AM
i want purcy in the team,not just cos he's a mate but because he's way better than either of those two.

is he not being released??

rossiter is a waster...he can fu[k off back to harps

Da Real Rover
02/08/2005, 4:35 PM
Philly and Rossiter are both sh!te and dont deserve to stand near a football pitch. Neither of them are suitable options.

Rory H
03/08/2005, 10:59 AM
Philly and Gallagher are both sh!te and dont deserve to stand near a football pitch. Neither of them are suitable options.

seeing they are the same person :)

roversforever
03/08/2005, 4:15 PM
is he not being released??

can confirm that sean purcell has definately left the club.

Da Real Rover
03/08/2005, 5:07 PM
seeing they are the same person :)
Im having trouble seeing him as one man as he covers so much ground.

redman
03/08/2005, 10:03 PM
Please give Philip Gallagher a break. Do you think these kind of insults help him or the club?

sligoman
03/08/2005, 10:07 PM
Please give Philip Gallagher a break. Do you think these kind of insults help him or the club?

No, but do you think he helps the club? :confused:

Shiba
03/08/2005, 10:43 PM
Maybe its just me but for so called fans ye are very critical of Rossitor,He may not have been the best player on the pitch but he was definitely not the worst.He covered alot of ground all night and got in some good cross's.As for concentration he was the only player to react to the refferees decision not to give Mc T somthing when challenged by the Keeper.As for reacting to the crowd,more mouth piece's who think supporting a team is to abuse them.As for Rossitor leaving the club, was that decision not made by our then caretaker Manager.Dont like Rossitor,dont like Gallagher ,Purcell is gone could always put Cretaro back there again and lose his creative ability going forward again or maybe just not bother playing a right back at all but then ye would have nothing to whinge about! Sorry but then again there is A squad of players there to find fault with!

redman
03/08/2005, 10:56 PM
No, but do you think he helps the club? :confused:

Yes I do think he helps the club! as things stand he provides us with cover. Philip since he was a young lad has been recognised as being a talented player and in my opinion you don't become a bad player that quickly. He may or may not be experiencing a lack of form at the moment but the needless abuse he takes is I think unnecessary. Don't get me wrong everybody is entitled to their opinion but abusing/insulting our own players is counter productive. Nobody can dispute but that Philip always gives 100% where as with some players this may not always be the case.

roversforever
03/08/2005, 11:06 PM
i don't agree with shouting abuse at gallagher and i acknowledge that he does his best.however the fact remains that he is simply not good enough for sligo rovers.

red metal
04/08/2005, 12:31 AM
Can anyone come up with an explaination as to why we loaned Ian Rossiter.
He plays for the worst team in the Premier league and is regaurded as one of their worst players.When he left the club he was told he had no future at the club and we can now see why.His preformance tonight was the worst I have seen by any Rovers player this season.At one stage in the match he was walking after his man(you may remember it in the second half when the old fellow got the ball of him in the corner) and when people started voice their opinons towards him he had time to nod and smile at them,despite the fact we were 2-0 down and desperate for a goal.This shows both his lack of concentration and total lack of ability and fitness.
We all know that Gallagher is nothing great but of what I've seen he is twice the player Rossiter is.did you see how badly lowe played mate and your having a go at rossi.same old sligo mentality! knock your own!

red metal
04/08/2005, 12:40 AM
Yes I do think he helps the club! as things stand he provides us with cover. Philip since he was a young lad has been recognised as being a talented player and in my opinion you don't become a bad player that quickly. He may or may not be experiencing a lack of form at the moment but the needless abuse he takes is I think unnecessary. Don't get me wrong everybody is entitled to their opinion but abusing/insulting our own players is counter productive. Nobody can dispute but that Philip always gives 100% where as with some players this may not always be the case. sorry mate gallagher was never a good player!

He was blessed to play with good players! Dolan/marshall/cawley/martin/mcginley/summers/flannery/conlon/o grady
now tere is some good players and phil played sweeper in that collage team!
I do agree he will allways give his best! but if your not good enough you have to be man enough to say so!

Da Real Rover
04/08/2005, 4:34 PM
did you see how badly lowe played mate and your having a go at rossi.same old sligo mentality! knock your own!
Wait a minute your comparing Low with Rossi, no i still cant comprehend Rossi ever, ever being better than Low, even when Low plays sh!te. Also did Mickey make Rossiter kiss the Harps crest and did he force him to vow his undying love for them. No he didnt he did that himself so he can stay in Balleybofey. I dont want the scraps from there table.

The Stars
04/08/2005, 5:22 PM
did you see how badly lowe played mate and your having a go at rossi.same old sligo mentality! knock your own!
Ya Lowe wasn't at his best but at least he won tackles and tried to defend.
Dont even try to convince me that Rossiter atempted to defend in the second half.I was sitting down near where he was playing and he was more concentrated on making gestures towards the fans and getting on to the ref than defending.He was actually just standing looking at their left winger when he ran past him and made no attempt to make up for his mistake.