PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers 0-2 Dundalk

sligoman
01/08/2005, 9:02 PM
What the hell happened tonight lads? That Paul Duddy is a ****ing disgrace :mad: :mad:. That's Dublin and now Dundalk, please give us a qualified referee for the Galway game

Ringo
01/08/2005, 9:04 PM
What the hell happened tonight lads? That Paul Duddy is a ****ing disgrace :mad: :mad:. That's Dublin and now Dundalk, please give us a qualified referee for the Galway game

Its the ref's fault again :D :D :D

sligoman
01/08/2005, 9:05 PM
Its the ref's fault again :D :D :D

Shut up Ringo, you weren't there so you can make no comment

roversforever
01/08/2005, 10:05 PM
ya get lost,go back to your own site.we have to do something about duddy before he loses us the league.could we do an online petition to keep him away from the showgies and sent it to the fai or something like that?

gustavo
01/08/2005, 10:08 PM
ref was a disgrace!
did micheal actually handle it on the line? looked like a header to me.
their goalie played well. i thought we done ok just one of those nights .
paul brown wasnt great though i dont think.

roversforever
01/08/2005, 10:15 PM
i was a bit disappointed with the players after the game.they walked off without applauding the fans.against kildare when they won they gave us great applause but not tonight.ya we lost but we still went out and tried to help them right to the end.

feo123
01/08/2005, 10:18 PM
that donegal c**t again! he'll cost us this division yet.... why cant we get any other refs in the showgrounds... same oul sh!t from them!!
McTiernan Faz and Raf were brilliant again. Brown is a f*****g donkey. what a waste of money!! :mad:

sligoman
01/08/2005, 10:39 PM
Brown is a f*****g donkey. what a waste of money!! :mad:

Ah for **** sake, you cant criticise Brown yet. He needs time to fit in, and get to full fitness. It's too early for fans to start complaining about him :mad:

d rovers
02/08/2005, 7:44 AM
as usual the ref was a total disgrace, but we should be used to that now. paul brown didn't have a great game, but it is a bit early to be getting on his back. hopefully when he gets a few more games under his belt he'll show us what he is capable of.
from where i was in the ground it looked as if mcnamara did handle the ball on the line, which is a straight red. that whole mess was set up by a very weak burns back pass. second goal can be contributed to very weak defending from feeney. it was one of those nights where their keeper did very well & no matter what we did the ball wasn't going to go in.
not too confident about the trip to galway now......

nephin
02/08/2005, 8:46 AM
Brown is a f*****g donkey. what a waste of money!! :mad:

Thats a very intelligent comment :rolleyes: Give the man a chance. Judge him at the end of the season.
As for the game, its a massive set back. From where I was sitting McNamara did handball it and deserved to be sent off. It was a well taken penalty. For the second goal Feeney was caught out badly and it was to be fair a great finish. With 10 men it was always going to be tough. However I think if we did get one goal we could go on to get a least a draw. Dundalk are terrible to watch. When the keeper got the ball he just lanuched back to O'Hara every time. But thats beside the point now. Its going to be very difficult against Galway on Friday and now we're without McNamara for two matches :(

rockstar
02/08/2005, 10:36 AM
:ball: Officals for Fridays game listed as :Referee Mr Tony Kelly

rockstar
02/08/2005, 10:42 AM
:ball: Referee for Fri Night Mr Tony Kelly Athlone
Asst MR michael Gillivan
Asst MR Alan Lynch
4TH off MR Damien McGrath.

Rory H
02/08/2005, 10:47 AM
i havent heard of most of them so thats good

duddy is a joke..its a power trip for him...

Petmuller
02/08/2005, 11:50 AM
:ball: Referee for Fri Night Mr Tony Kelly Athlone
Asst MR michael Gillivan
Asst MR Alan Lynch
4TH off MR Damien McGrath.

Tony Kelly is by far the best referee in this division, he's inclined to let play flow. I suppose if we were to hope for a good referee in this division Tony is the best we'll get.
That said I'll still refuse to blame any referee for our predicament. Once we lost McNamara it was always going to be an up hill battle. On a night when we hit the post, the crossbar and threw eveything but the kitchen sink at Dundalk I suppose it was inevitable that it was a game we'd get nothing from. We're not going to win every game that's for sure, so let's not panic just yet. I'm still not very optimistic regarding our trip to Terryland but looking at our upcoming fixtures there's really no easy ones. Should we get out of this crap division we'll have done it the hard way.

garykelly
02/08/2005, 2:05 PM
I agree with Petmuller. While the refs have been extremely poor, that's the bar they've set and we have to live with it. ref cant be blamed for us losing against dundalk, and same for dublin on reflection.

Overall I would be more worried about referee's from the marketing perspective. If they dont let things flow then how is it going to appeal to anyone to go and watch it. If one thing can be said for ref's is that they are highly inconsistent and without going into conspiracy theories suffice to say alot are inconsistently against us. I dont know why. Can a ref really have a thing against one club at some level. I would say not but the level of inconsistentcy is terrible. The geographical assignment of referees is at best a poor method. But remember the refs can only be as good as the people who administer them.

I'm wary about the galway game but i think we can go there and not lose. We have to be more assertive in all areas. Individual error cost us the dundalk game (i refer to lazy backpass). The best defence is suddenly leaking goals. we need a serious injection of confidence. Carr will replace McNamara i'm sure in defence (for mcs suspension) and one thing can be said for Carr, he's a born leader and maybe this determination is what's needed to get everyone back on their toes. Right back is a problem and if the 'experienced' options have been tried and raf is needed in midfield then i think it's time for an underage player to get a chance. Purcell seems to be a logical choice. Centre midfield needs to be looked at. I'd prefer murtagh in with o'grady and give that partnership an extended run.

Petmuller
02/08/2005, 4:04 PM
Gary I feel hit the nail on the head when he says we now need leadership. Realistically we have lacked a quality leader all season and indeed for the past number of seasons. I was impressed with Carr at the Dublin game and yes he is indeed a born leader. I'd definitely put him in against Galway but I have one big fear and that's the manner in which he's getting too much involved with the match officials. When one person starts to give out the rest seem to follow and in the long term it's doing us as a club no good.
As far as the full-back berth is concerned I always have had good time for Ian Rossitor. I'd stick with him and regarding Purcell I've learned just today that he has left the club. I see Ryan O' Donnell is back in training as well which is great news. Presently I'd stick with Rossitor freeing up Ralf for the mid-field position. In the middle I'd stick with Steve Feeney as he's proven he can find the net as well as defend. Faz is on fire at the moment but I'd like to see him getting more into the box and having a go. It's amazing to think that he hasn't as yet scored for the bit o red so hopefully Friday. Up front I'd start with Sean and Paul. Brown needs more match practice but vital league games is not the place. Springing him from the bench and get him to push himself to the limit for the last twenty will be the best option. The quality of the ball to the front men will also need improving. We need to get the ball down and play football what we have shown we can do.
Still a long way to go in this league and just maybe dropping off the top will allow the lads the breather they deserve. No need for pressure just yet.

garykelly
02/08/2005, 4:15 PM
Gary I feel hit the nail on the head when he says we now need leadership. Realistically we have lacked a quality leader all season and indeed for the past number of seasons. I was impressed with Carr at the Dublin game and yes he is indeed a born leader. I'd definitely put him in against Galway but I have one big fear and that's the manner in which he's getting too much involved with the match officials. When one person starts to give out the rest seem to follow and in the long term it's doing us as a club no good.
As far as the full-back berth is concerned I always have had good time for Ian Rossitor. I'd stick with him and regarding Purcell I've learned just today that he has left the club. I see Ryan O' Donnell is back in training as well which is great news. Presently I'd stick with Rossitor freeing up Ralf for the mid-field position. In the middle I'd stick with Steve Feeney as he's proven he can find the net as well as defend. Faz is on fire at the moment but I'd like to see him getting more into the box and having a go. It's amazing to think that he hasn't as yet scored for the bit o red so hopefully Friday. Up front I'd start with Sean and Paul. Brown needs more match practice but vital league games is not the place. Springing him from the bench and get him to push himself to the limit for the last twenty will be the best option. The quality of the ball to the front men will also need improving. We need to get the ball down and play football what we have shown we can do.
Still a long way to go in this league and just maybe dropping off the top will allow the lads the breather they deserve. No need for pressure just yet.

That's it basically in a nutshell. now let's focus of getting going again.

C'mon lads !!! :D

feo123
02/08/2005, 5:50 PM
Give the man a chance. :(
OK I take it back and I hope he proves me wrong! I was very annoyed with him last night but i suppose its only his 3rd game since May with Limavaddy! ;)

The Stars
02/08/2005, 7:55 PM
That's it basically in a nutshell. now let's focus of getting going again.

C'mon lads !!! :D
no its not.Ian Rossiter is a donkey and has as much awareness as a blind badger.He souldn't be near the team and Harps can take him back now,the joke is over.
We need service to the strickers and I know some people don't like him but there is no getting away from the fact that Steven O'Donnell can cross a ball and create goals.

garykelly
02/08/2005, 9:31 PM
nothing better than a scape goat...rossiter is in the team. manager picks it so we've to live with it and not try to pinpoint someone every game as being rubbish. time to be positive regardless. If he wasnt playing people would want him playing.people are never happy. let's focus on beating galway and getting back on track..dubs only drew today so we're still top. !!!

Shiba
02/08/2005, 10:43 PM
I dont think much of Duddy as a Ref,But I don't think he can take all the Blame for the Dundalk result.Some of our own crew need to be looked at for example for the last few games Low has not been at the races,SC is still trying to work out our best strike force.Brown should be given a chance to get used to the team and we should stop allowing the opposing team to dictate how the game is played.We need to play our own game and we will beat anyone in this division.At least Dublins City's result tonight has left Us still top with games even.Every team will go through a bad Patch so lets hope we get over sooner rather then later.One other thing might be just me but I think some of the crowd were over critical of Rossiter who I thought had a steady enough game.

roversforever
02/08/2005, 11:01 PM
I dont think much of Duddy as a Ref,But I don't think he can take all the Blame for the Dundalk result.Some of our own crew need to be looked at for example for the last few games Low has not been at the races,SC is still trying to work out our best strike force.Brown should be given a chance to get used to the team and we should stop allowing the opposing team to dictate how the game is played.We need to play our own game and we will beat anyone in this division.At least Dublins City's result tonight has left Us still top with games even.Every team will go through a bad Patch so lets hope we get over sooner rather then later.One other thing might be just me but I think some of the crowd were over critical of Rossiter who I thought had a steady enough game.
you've made some good points there.i think sean and mct should be up front with brown and carlos coming from the bench.i think a lot of us will find it hard to take to rossiter after he kissed the harps crest...i for one am struggling to keep an open mind about him beecause of it.if purcy has been released i think its crazy cos he is so much better than rossiter and gallagher.id just like to say good luck to purcy to if he has gone.

Shiba
02/08/2005, 11:05 PM
I think Rossi kissing the crest was just a way of getting the crowd on his side or probably watching to much television!

Da Real Rover
03/08/2005, 4:52 PM
I think Rossi kissing the crest was just a way of getting the crowd on his side or probably watching to much television!
He still pressed his lips against that symbol of hatred for so many fans. Unforgiveable in my eyes, unless he publically crucified whatever part of his body had any contact with the harps crest.