PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see

Éanna
02/04/2002, 12:50 PM
Citynet has been revamped and is looking pretty good. Hopefully it'll be kept up to date this time round. Just one thing though: this (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/?verarbeitet=6#) apparently, this is a picture of Skippy is taking a penalty against Lausanne at the cross. Was I at another game?

Colm
02/04/2002, 12:58 PM
Must have missed that bit of the game because for some strange reason I have no recollection of city getting a penalty against Lusanne, and you know why that is- its because there was no penalty!!!!!!!!!

Neil
02/04/2002, 1:38 PM
Nice looking new website. Fair play to John for consistently providing Cork City with a website (despite the clubs shortsight in dropping the official one).

dalo
02/04/2002, 2:31 PM
it was interesting to see the poll whereby 42% of contributors claim brian lennox should concentrate on increasing the market viability of the club over appointing a new manager. i have to agree improving the marketing potential of the club is his number one priority

Citymark
02/04/2002, 6:42 PM
What's the odds that John will be asked to make 'CityNet' the official CCFC site?

I know there were strong rumours about this a few months back.
Personally I think that it would be a good idea. The site looks really good, a few teething problems (Kelvin Flanagan is still playing for us!!) but they will get sorted.

CCFC could do worse than pay John for use of an excellant site.

A face
02/04/2002, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by Citymark
What's the odds that John will be asked to make 'CityNet' the official CCFC site?

Does John know the problems with the last offical site, the lads were straved of info and they were getting slated for it, anyone would want that like a hole in the head. If it were ever to be the case the John should get the info before the echo .... that is the way it should be, but who can see that happening.

James
02/04/2002, 7:34 PM
a couple of things

1:i thought from talking to noelle that it was the official site, or that some of the club are under the impression that it is

2: the poll is a load of pants.. i have voted 6 times already in it, so might others have just as easily.. results cannot be taken as any sort of public representation with this flaw

3: it looks good alright, but the content still isnt anything new, it all robbed from other sites / sources.. (ie the goals from the old hoof site)

James
02/04/2002, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by James

3: it looks good alright,

here we go again wayne .. yes it is very well designed as is your website.. but i stand over the other 2 points.. the poll is flawed..and under its old guise it wasnt updated ..

now what do people want in a website.. something that looks great and isnt updated very often OR
a site that isnt as flashy but has regularly updated news and info..

i'd go for the latter option anydayoftheweek

Neil
02/04/2002, 9:42 PM
IMO It has always been a nice looking site that is updated as regularly as can be expected from a person who is not getting anything for it.

Bar the last couple of months (when the new design was obviously being worked on) it seems to be updated daily.

Fair play to John and Scotty for taking the time to promote CCFC (for free). Well done lads.

dalo
03/04/2002, 8:10 AM
Originally posted by James

.. but i stand over the other 2 points.. the poll is flawed..and ..

just like the gunther out poll on foot a while back;)

Éanna
03/04/2002, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by dalo
just like the gunther out poll on foot a while back;)
too true, as if ANYONE voted for Grunter to stay!:D

niamh
03/04/2002, 1:47 PM
What's the latest on City's efforts to regain control of corkcityfc.com?

pete
03/04/2002, 3:15 PM
I think someone said the hold on the corkcityfc.com domain name ends in June or July. Would be doubtful if the cybersquater bothers to renew so even if city not going to use the domain they should at the evry least snap it up for a few euro just to ensure no one else does.

Troy.McClure
03/04/2002, 6:31 PM
Ya but they prob. wont bother Pete.

Isnt CityNet the "recomended/endorsed" site by the club. ie this is all you would get from us anyway but this way we dont have to pay for anything.

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 8:52 AM
if they do make citynet the official club website then John O' Cakllaghan should cash in............2 batter burgers and a small bag o chips:D