PDA

View Full Version : What would you do....

sligoman
30/07/2005, 11:53 PM
if you won the lotto? The other thread on the Limerick woman winning 115million Euro got me thinking about this. I think for starters I would buy Sligo Rovers F.C. And then I would also buy any great players, that were willing to come to the club:cool:. Also the usual, buy a big house and an expensive car ;)

dfx-
31/07/2005, 12:44 AM
I would imagine with such money that substantial percentage of people here would buy their own club/help out their club...

I can't personally think of what to do with that amount.....it's just incomprehensible.. :eek:

Nice problem though it would be.. :cool: :D

Aaron GUFC
31/07/2005, 1:43 AM
..... :rolleyes: Iwould buy the most llllluuuusssshhh PC ever and buy my family new houses cars etc...... I would help out GUFC and buy players , Do up the stadium, training facilities and youth setup. Iwould also buy alot more things but on the top f my list would be Cwmbran Town FC.... Iwould hire Chris Coleman as manager and I would let him hang out with Poncho and the likes....I would but Fat Dolan up front with Teddy Sheringham :confused: Cos Fat Dolan is a fat obese penguin who works in McDonalds in Ballybofey
Chris Coleman Shat himself in their stadium...and he loves Louis and Saha woukld be our star player. Tony Mannion would be the cheif exec cos cheif execs are all a bunch of knobend w a n k e r s anyway .......I would also hire a hitman to kill Alan 'the poof' Kelly :D Felix (the cat) Healy would also be in there somewhere :rolleyes: Tony Folan and Ollie Keogh would be on the wings . And Iwould also buy a load of explosives and blow up the Showgrounds :D

Aaron GUFC
31/07/2005, 1:45 AM
..... :rolleyes: Iwould buy the most llllluuuusssshhh PC ever and buy my family new houses cars etc...... I would help out GUFC and buy players , Do up the stadium, training facilities and youth setup. Iwould also buy alot more things but on the top f my list would be Cwmbran Town FC.... Iwould hire Chris Coleman as manager and I would let him hang out with Poncho and the likes....I would but Fat Dolan up front with Teddy Sheringham :confused: Cos Fat Dolan is a fat obese penguin who works in McDonalds in Ballybofey
Chris Coleman Shat himself in their stadium...and he loves Louis and Saha woukld be our star player. Tony Mannion would be the cheif exec cos cheif execs are all a bunch of knobend w a n k e r s anyway .......I would also hire a hitman to kill Alan 'the poof' Kelly :D Felix (the cat) Healy would also be in there somewhere :rolleyes: Tony Folan and Ollie Keogh would be on the wings . And Iwould also buy a load of explosives and blow up the Showgrounds :D
JUST MESSIN LADS

Anto McC
31/07/2005, 11:35 AM
I would take a load of fellow Shels fans to the Steaua but i wouldn't buy the club,I'd much rather buy Bohs and put them out of Buisness and by doing that make myself a legend with Shels and Rovers fans as well as numerous other fans

thejollyrodger
31/07/2005, 12:31 PM
If I had €110 million then I would defintely give Shels something in the region of €10 - €15 million. Some for the new stadium so its built properly. I would insist on the new ground having a second tier !!! The rest of the money would be for players to get us into the group stages of the CL;).

I would have about €90-€95million bucks for myself. Nice house, a few holiday homes, a nice holiday and hmm.. dunno after that :D

Ruairi
31/07/2005, 1:06 PM
i'd buy a 115 million quids worth of marshmallows...

meh.. proably buy houses for all my family, buy cork city fc, go on a big mad holiday, get ringside seats at wrestlemania.. see how much it would cost to get paul mccartney to play in my back garden...

jofyisgod
31/07/2005, 6:16 PM
Buy an apartment big enough to house my inner circle of firends permanently, I'd get Macca to play in that apartment!Buy houses in all major capitals-a chauffered private jet would be cool. Too much cash!!How about a copy of every CD in HMV Oxford Street?

Babysis
31/07/2005, 8:16 PM
Id start by buying my parents house. Then a brand spanking new car for my dad. Id pay off the mortgage for my sis ( see Sylvo i can be nice :p ) and id buy a place for my other sis. I'd clear all my student loans plus those of all my close friends and family. I would make sure my Grandad was sorted, and I buy places for my uncles and aunty's and make sure they were comfotable.

Most importantly Id pay for the best medical care in the workd for my aunty and Id make sure her family wanted for nothing, even if it cost me every penny id won.

Then id have a party for all my family and friends.

Id invest heavily in Marie Curie cancer care, Roy Castle Lung Cancer foundation, and the British heart foundation. id want to do something to be remembered by. then id get blind drunk and never work again :p :D

Slash/ED
31/07/2005, 8:20 PM
I'd much rather buy Bohs and put them out of Buisness and by doing that make myself a legend with Shels and Rovers fans as well as numerous other fans

I was going to say buy Ronaldinho for Shels but Anto has come up with a much, much better plan in fairness :D

Poor Student
31/07/2005, 8:23 PM
I don't have a clue. I couldn't even buy my own club as it's not a company as such though I'd like to invest something into the eL.

aido_b
31/07/2005, 8:25 PM
I'd go buy the rights to the song working 9 to 5 by Dolly Partin. I'd then get in touch with Gaby Roslin to let her know that I am now rich and then I'd blow it all on crap!

dortie
01/08/2005, 8:31 AM
Also the usual, buy a big house and an expensive car ;)

You could buy a fecking garage with over 100 million !

Too much money to even think what to do with it. Id redevelop the Brandywell and put in a few corporate boxes with bars etc :cool: .....then id .....dunno :eek:

Ruairi
01/08/2005, 10:38 AM
i forgot the obvious thing.. get blind drunk for a bout three and a half weeks..

harpskid
01/08/2005, 11:35 AM
i forgot the obvious thing.. get blind drunk for a bout three and a half weeks..

May as well make it four :cool:

drinkfeckarse
01/08/2005, 12:22 PM
If I won that much I'd give at least half of it away. Sure you'd never get round to spending it all anyway.

I'd make sure my close friends and family were all sorted. A million each I'd say and give some to various charities too.

I'd get myself all the obvious things and probably get myself a UEFA agent license because after all the fuss died down and you'd finished your 200 holidays I reckon you'd need a hobby to stop yourself getting bored.

I wouldn't have many players signed up though, just a handful to keep ticking over ala Jerry Maguire.

superfrank
01/08/2005, 12:44 PM
I'd give some of it to Bray. I'd buy a big house in North Africa and another one somewhere in South America. Simple as that. And keep the rest for myself.

shedite
01/08/2005, 1:02 PM
I'd probably travel the world for about 4 years with about 7 friends and pay for it all. Then come home and settle down. I'd love to do that space travel thing that richard branson was on about too. I'd buy Turners Cross for Cork City and take them to the group stage of Champions league

dublinred
01/08/2005, 4:55 PM
I'd buy Celti c and leeds and use them as feeder clubs for rovers.

dcfcsteve
01/08/2005, 5:36 PM
JUST MESSIN LADS

Course you are. There's no McDonalds in Ballybofey...... :D

(Or indeed any recognisable major retail outfits.....)

sylvo
01/08/2005, 6:18 PM
Proberly buy meself a border collie dog and three shetland pony's, plus a toyota yaris for me girlfriend

Dyl10
01/08/2005, 6:28 PM
What I would do is i would think long and hard for the best player in the world who isnt playing in europe e.g(Deinlson, Torres or maybe andy johnson) anyway someone like that and i would pay there club a large fee to loan them to Shells for a month or two so they can get into the group stages of the champions league!!! :cool:

Well i can dream cant I :rolleyes: