PDA

View Full Version : Galway United Vs. Sligo Rovers-Predictions

sligoman
30/07/2005, 11:48 PM
Ok, how do ye all think we'll do against United on Friday? I'm going to wait and see how we play against Dundalk on Monday before taking a guess but anyone want to chance one now?

Conor H
31/07/2005, 12:01 PM
...United 4- Sligo 0 :D

garykelly
31/07/2005, 12:08 PM
as the cliche goes..take one game at a time

1 9 2 8
31/07/2005, 2:02 PM
as the cliche goes..take one game at a time
Exactly we should be concentring on Dundalk this Monday. After Monday we can look forward to beating the Galway Muppets

Rovers1
31/07/2005, 3:41 PM
you wish @sshole

its sad that Galway think theyre good..HA! :rolleyes:

Da Real Rover
31/07/2005, 7:39 PM
you wish @sshole
Dont yee have a spliff to be lightin up or a good night out chained to a tree and failing that p!ss off to your own forum.

1 9 2 8
31/07/2005, 9:37 PM
you wish @sshole
Another Galway clown shows how intelligent it is :rolleyes: Stick to your little clubs forum and stop trolling ours

roversforever
01/08/2005, 10:10 PM
you wish @sshole
could this be the same vinny that gave me grief for going onto the kildare site and called for me to be banned because of it?when i pointed out that he's always on our site he said oh no that was only once.get a life you ********.

sligoman
02/08/2005, 12:47 AM
Lads please dont start all this ****e again. Sligo fans think they're great and Galway fans think they're great, so we're both great, end of story :rolleyes:

nephin
02/08/2005, 8:55 AM
After last nights results I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
Obviously a win for Rovers would be great but a draw would do to steady the ship.

gufct
02/08/2005, 9:29 AM
the season on Monday but the problem for us is doing it consistently.We have won 5 drawn 1 and lost 2 since we last played Sligo.Personally I think galway should have the greater hunger for the win after our 2 earlier defeats and i would love to Sean Connors face when the Sligo Fans turn on him.2-1 to united Barry to sink his old club.

Any injuries or suspensions lads for the programme thanks.

garykelly
02/08/2005, 9:52 AM
sligo rovers fans wont turn on connor. this is his first full season at the helm and it's unfair to come on here and suggest supporters would. that's not how you support a team. long way to go yet.

going for 2-1 win to rovers. simply cos we have to win. another defeat would be a disaster and put serious questions on getting promoted this year.

Conor H
02/08/2005, 10:05 AM
I can seriously see us winning it now but as Gufct said it's consistency that our main problem is.If we play like we did last night we could easily win but if they play as bad as we know they can then things could take a turn for the worst.
2-1 Utd.

Ringo
02/08/2005, 10:06 AM
I'll go for 2-1 to Galway , Sligo are in free-fall, galway are on the up.

Rory H
02/08/2005, 10:23 AM
fu[k off

its a lot to ask for a win..1-1...o grady

Aaron GUFC
02/08/2005, 4:16 PM
...but since we are winning a few games on the trot :rolleyes: I think we'll win 2-1. Maybe Sligo can get draw out of it . With a big attendance and a lot at stake....We could be in for a classic at Terryland :p I hope we get the same ref in Buckley :D and Barrys on form thank god. The squad that we had in Killkenny seems to be our strongest at the moment so id stick with that one ;)

Da Real Rover
02/08/2005, 5:04 PM
Personally I think galway should have the greater hunger for the win after our 2 earlier defeats and i would love to Sean Connors face when the Sligo Fans turn on him.2-1 to united Barry to sink his old club.

It took the Rovers fans 3 seasons to turn on that Galway pr!ck DOR, what did it take for yee to turn on Lally, the guts of 6 games. Ill go for a 2-2 all draw, tough game but a great match.

Petmuller
02/08/2005, 5:22 PM
It took the Rovers fans 3 seasons to turn on that Galway pr!ck DOR, what did it take for yee to turn on Lally, the guts of 6 games. Ill go for a 2-2 all draw, tough game but a great match.

OHHHH MY GOD!!!
Da Real Rover ... you've just admitted to the world and his son that we Rovers supporters are very slow to react :eek:

Conor H
02/08/2005, 5:56 PM
It's actually funny to see how little you know about us. :rolleyes:

Petmuller
02/08/2005, 9:51 PM
Right, the Dubs only drew tonight so we go into Friday's game still top allbeit only by the skin of our teeth.
This game will be a total open encounter played on a pristine surface, easily the best in the first division. So both sides will endeavour to play good attacking football. If we can manage to settle earily I'd expect us to win this one. I still think we are by far the best team in the division it's only a matter of the players getting to grips with it and concentrating on the football side of things. Let the referee get on with his game and take the good with the bad, easier said than done I know but it's something we have to make work.
One sure thing is that the travelling support will get behind the side as always on the road. After tonight's result I'm more up beat about this game. Hope Sean and the lads feel it too.
A win for the bit o red.

feo123
02/08/2005, 10:07 PM
I'll go for 2-1 to us! i'd say sean gave them a good talkin to last night and i'm sure we'll get back to our usual selves on Friday. :)

sligoman
02/08/2005, 10:15 PM
Rovers to get their season back on track with a 2-0 victory ;) or maybe 3-1 :o

roversforever
02/08/2005, 11:04 PM
1-0 rovers.faz to get his first for the club.any sort of a win will do,just to steady the ship.losing becomes a habit and we need to get a win to make sure we don't get into the habit of losing.

roversforever
02/08/2005, 11:11 PM
ya it was and don't you forget it, you sligo fans should check what trolling means, anytime any ppl from other forums post in your forums which we are intiteled to do you say its trolling and to **** off, like galway or dublin city, the sligo massive syndrom, btw you were lucky not to get a ban when you posted such sh!te.
what sh!te?i never said a bad word about them.your'e some one to be talking about us trolling...your never off our site.

akearins
03/08/2005, 10:27 AM
I'd take a point from this one,considering we have lost 2 from last 3 and ecven though we beat them in Terryland 2-0 already tyey coud have drawn that game and the 4-1 defeat @ the showgrounds will mean they are out for revenge.Geat if we got all 3 but Galway have brought in some handy players from Junior football and have put some decent results together..... :rolleyes:

d rovers
03/08/2005, 11:01 AM
a 1-1 draw will do to steady the ship. a win would be great, but the way our results have been going lately i'm not too confident.

TopOfTheLeague
03/08/2005, 12:38 PM
what sh!te?i never said a bad word about them.your'e some one to be talking about us trolling...your never off our site.
thats because theve got no fans on there site :D

dublinred
03/08/2005, 12:43 PM
I expect a draw as its Galways "Cup Final" and will be there last home league game against us for a while.

Conor H
03/08/2005, 12:44 PM
thats because theve got no fans on there site :D
:rolleyes: Clown.

Conor H
03/08/2005, 12:46 PM
I expect a draw as its Galways "Cup Final" and will be there last home league game against us for a while.
If we beat yee friday we could easily be playing yee again next season. ;) Big one for the 2 of us.

feo123
03/08/2005, 3:28 PM
If we beat yee friday we could easily be playing yee again next season. ;) Big one for the 2 of us.
all ye galway fans seem to think ye'll catch us.....yere 13 points behind us!! if we win on friday thats definately the final nail in yere coffin IMO.

sligoman
03/08/2005, 3:33 PM
all ye galway fans seem to think ye'll catch us.....yere 13 points behind us!! if we win on friday thats definately the final nail in yere coffin IMO.

No harm in them being optimistic but they need to be realistic at the same time. If Galway lose then that is them definetely out of the promotion race :ball:

TopOfTheLeague
03/08/2005, 3:41 PM
2-0 Rovers :)

gufct
03/08/2005, 4:03 PM
No harm in them being optimistic but they need to be realistic at the same time. If Galway lose then that is them definetely out of the promotion race :ball:

But if we win we are 10points behind with a game in hand and 15 left.The crazy thing this year is only one playoff place for 1st division teams whic means over half the division will have up to 12 meaningless games to play. The clubs who agreed to this were only thinking of Premiership survival.

The premier would be a far better division if teams like Galway and Sligo were in it but the only way that is going to happen is for the provincial teams to stick together.

Redzer
04/08/2005, 3:12 PM
I said before our last encounter that Galway was the worst team I have seen all season. Having gone a further round, and seen all the teams play, I am still convinced that while Galway has improved, they still have not improved enough to win this one.
We have brought in more quality players. It has taken a few games to find their feet, but now they are ready to get us back on track again.
If we play the ball on the ground, and forget the long ball tactic, no team will beat us.
I'm expecting a better display from Galway, from our last game. But we'll win it.

Darco Ooragnak
04/08/2005, 4:46 PM
I`ve stocked up in Sadolin...anything to stop the rot.....but who needs to be glossed over first??

Galwayexile
04/08/2005, 5:33 PM
very optimistic lads, ye have lost a few matches lately. :p

I think it may be a draw or a win for Galway. Barry Moran is firing on all cylinders again so may get a goal or two.

redrov2005
04/08/2005, 9:25 PM
Going for 1-1. We are conceding very soft goals lately and the defence isn't quite as tight as it was. Faz to equalize !

sligoman
05/08/2005, 1:20 AM
With both teams needing maximum points for very different reasons, Friday night's Corribside Cracker in Terryland Park between Galway United & Sligo Rovers should be a fiery affair.

Galway come into the game on a run of five victories in seven games, which has seen them close the gap on the top two while table toppers Sligo have lost three of their last four but still remain top by the slenderest margin from Dermot Keely's Vikings.

Galway's only absentees are David O'Dowd (ankle) and John Russell (leg).

Sligo have Skipper Michael McNamara suspended and Ryan O'Donnell injured.

Patrons are advised to arrive early and use the Dyke Road Carparks as a large crowd is expected. :eek:

Terry
05/08/2005, 7:42 AM
I think what they are saying is that they expect a lot of sligo supporters to travel by car and there is only 200 car spaces at the ground which are snapped up early, so for safety reasons you should park your car down the dyke road carpark. See ye all tonight :)

sligoman
05/08/2005, 1:22 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/previews/preview.asp?pid=251