PDA

View Full Version : League Cup Semi final date?

Poor Student
30/07/2005, 7:26 PM
According to the FAI website our tie at Tolka against Shels was scheduled for August 8th. With their European commitments that date will have their moved game against Drogheda and the following Monday will have a game against Cork. You'll all be heatbroken to know this. So perhaps if they stay in Europe longer I may make the game by the time I get back. :D

pineapple stu
01/08/2005, 10:12 AM
Oh no. What will we do...!

The final is usually down for the end of August, isn't it? So it'll have to be soon enough. Though I suppose, being the League Cup, they could as easily just move the final back.

Schumi
08/08/2005, 5:46 PM
The semi is on Monday the 22nd. See here (http://irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3370).

Poor Student
08/08/2005, 6:36 PM
Seems I'll miss it then. At least the final has been put back should we make it. Shels will have played the previous two Monday's and weekends so perhaps it'll be an opportunity to play a weakened side.

pineapple stu
08/08/2005, 6:42 PM
What on earth is the League Cup Final - involving a Dublin team and either Longford or Derry - doing on a weekday?! :rolleyes:

Poor Student
08/08/2005, 6:46 PM
Didn't notice that. I hope we don't go through to face Derry at the Brandywell. :eek:

John83
08/08/2005, 6:50 PM
Didn't notice that. I hope we don't go through to face Derry at the Brandywell. :eek:
Oh dear. Send on the reserves, I say.

pineapple stu
08/08/2005, 6:52 PM
This would be the reigning league champion reserves, who have scored an average of three goals a game so far this season and already knocked out two Premier Division teams' first XIs?

Send in the Supporters' Club, I say. :p

Poor Student
08/08/2005, 6:54 PM
Send in the Supporters' Club, I say. :p

But it's the final, we're not trying to get knocked out as there is no subsequent rounds. ;)

fosterdollar
09/08/2005, 8:32 AM
What on earth is the League Cup Final - involving a Dublin team and either Longford or Derry - doing on a weekday?! :rolleyes:
Hasn't it been on weekdays before? Monday nights, no?

Schumi
09/08/2005, 11:04 AM
Hardly worth postponing a set of league games for it though.

pineapple stu
09/08/2005, 12:40 PM
Hasn't it been on weekdays before? Monday nights, no?
Was it not on some Bank Holiday Monday last year or the year before? It was two weeknights when we played alright, but that was back in 2001 and we were only playing Pat's (Dublin derby). If you want a decent crowd, there's no point asking fans from Longford/Derry to travel to UCD/Shels or vice versa on a Monday.