PDA

View Full Version : Alan Murphy

silentbob
30/07/2005, 11:48 AM
says in one of the papers today that he has been given a free transfer after having a row with matthews about being dropped for the second leg against Carmarthen. Things seem to be taking a turn for the worst.

Maz
30/07/2005, 11:54 AM
says in one of the papers today that he has been given a free transfer after having a row with matthews about being dropped for the second leg against Carmarthen. Things seem to be taking a turn for the worst.

Thats exactly what i have been saying, its gonna be very hard to bounce back from this disaster with rows in the camp

silentbob
30/07/2005, 11:57 AM
Ye its a pity, I havent been to many Longford games but the ones I have he seemed well liked by the town supporters and always gave 100%.

Maz
30/07/2005, 11:58 AM
Well if certain players are gonna start to up and leave, the club needs to decide if they want to keep the players or management

silentbob
30/07/2005, 12:00 PM
Why, do you think that there are many players wanting to up and leave? if so what do you think the reasons are?

Maz
30/07/2005, 12:01 PM
Why, do you think that there are many players wanting to up and leave? if so what do you think the reasons are?

I know Murph was one and I do know of another one who is not happy at all and its because of being dropped but alot more going on

silentbob
30/07/2005, 12:05 PM
Jesus, things could really go pear shaped for the rest of the season if thats the case.

Xlex
30/07/2005, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't dwell too much on murph or prunts not being selected. The side on the field we're good enough to do a job but didn't...
Now one think is certain. The management are the management for a reason. I still trust them and won't make any judgements until the end of the season but players must also respect a managers decision and there are always fall outs after such a big thumping. Ask Myler and O'Connor who played that night for Drogs.

If a player can get away with such outbursts there will always be trouble at a club. There always has been a strong bond at LTFC, with the players and management and that is paramount to any personnal vendetta. We had to say goodbye to McGovern and we may have to say goodbye to Alan Murphy.

silentbob
30/07/2005, 12:12 PM
Ye, it would be mad to replace the management mid-season, let things settle and then a decision can be made in the close season

Xlex
30/07/2005, 12:22 PM
exactly Bob. Now is not the time.
there is still alot to play for and I'm sure the players and management will want to prove a point.

silentbob
30/07/2005, 12:26 PM
just a quick Q. Is murphy a local lad?

Maz
30/07/2005, 12:33 PM
just a quick Q. Is murphy a local lad?

No he is from Drogheda afaik but is one of the old stock (for want of a better word). He is here a good while now

Sonic
30/07/2005, 1:25 PM
This does not exactly show matthews up very well. How many has he fallen out with now Avery John,Lavine,Mcgovern,Murphy and possibly prunty. Blame the players all you like but it shows the man up very badly.

Maz
30/07/2005, 1:29 PM
This does not exactly show matthews up very well. How many has he fallen out with now Avery John,Lavine,Mcgovern,Murphy and possibly prunty. Blame the players all you like but it shows the man up very badly.

Avery John fecked off playing football with another club behind LTFC's back
McGovern had a terrible attitude and not one player was sorry to see him go

He has to take some of the blame for the other night but at the end of the day....11 players on the field and none of them performed at all. They're all in this together

Sonic
30/07/2005, 1:46 PM
Yes but would Avery JOhn and Mcgovern have acted in such a way if they had a better relationship with the manager of course not. Its bad if a man cant get on with such a diverse bunch of characters as the ones mentioned above.

Maz
30/07/2005, 1:49 PM
Yes but would Avery JOhn and Mcgovern have acted in such a way if they had a better relationship with the manager of course not. Its bad if a man cant get on with such a diverse bunch of characters as the ones mentioned above.

Now you just pinning anything on him, how the hell would we know how they would get on with any man.

silentbob
30/07/2005, 2:03 PM
sonic, like was said before, everyone would be better off to let things settle down before the blame game can begin

Sonic
30/07/2005, 3:31 PM
Neway its good riddance to bad rubbish!!!

Tallanted
30/07/2005, 4:25 PM
I'm not surprised at all at this, matthews needed to take the focus off himself and making murph the scape goat is what he has done. What is annoying about this is not one post thanks murph for his contribution to club. Well fook yous i'll do it. Cheers spud you were great asset and everytime you put on the red and black you gave 110%, thats all we expect from players. Its a shame some of the other players haveN'T got your hunger passion and love for the club. We would have 11 of you anyday. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES BEST OF LUCK. PUPPY POWER

Sonic
30/07/2005, 6:43 PM
Talented the man is an ignorant knob and its good riddance. :mad:. Love for the club dont make me laugh. While the team walked by me after the game he was laughing and singing smile like you mean it hardly the man showing love to the club after a performance like that.

Xlex
30/07/2005, 7:00 PM
murphs obituary hasn't been written yet, wait for something to happen first.
I'm not a lover of his, but he's has given great service to the club, never be in doubt. But there are lines. He was quite loud on the boat when asked 'how's the going?' unlike the others who kept the heads low.

Bosco
31/07/2005, 9:41 PM
Apparently jim hanley talked to him and matthews yesterday and asked them to rethink everything,so nothings official yet

Bosco
01/08/2005, 5:30 PM
Heard today he's officially gone

Xlex
02/08/2005, 9:33 AM
well, he didn't get a deadline move so where could he have gone? Is he out of football altogether until close season?

Maz
02/08/2005, 9:39 AM
well, he didn't get a deadline move so where could he have gone? Is he out of football altogether until close season?

I have heard (rumour) that the club told him they will not pay his wages anymore that once he got his transfer he was gone and yes is out of football because he missed the deadline.
TBH i think he will regret his decision in a week or two

Xlex
02/08/2005, 10:16 AM
I have heard (rumour) that the club told him they will not pay his wages anymore that once he got his transfer he was gone.

illegal and I couldn't believe Jim Hanley would allow this to happen no matter where the difference of opinion may lie.

In all fairness, and it's not that I'm standing up for Matthews, but we all know how disruptive McGovern, Lavine and Avery were... don't use those three wasters to beat Matthews with.

Sonic
02/08/2005, 4:06 PM
You really haven't got a CLUE.

:D :D :D. Thats a joke coming from you rite. ;)

Bosco
03/08/2005, 1:18 PM
Glad to see the 2 of you have stoped at each other :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bosco
03/08/2005, 4:35 PM
I'd rather have Sonic trolling me

Cop on,you are just as bad at following sonic around making comments about him

Roo69
04/08/2005, 2:32 PM

If he was released from his contract and is a free agent then he can sign for anyone even though the window is closed ?

Xlex
04/08/2005, 2:37 PM
If he was released from his contract and is a free agent then he can sign for anyone even though the window is closed ?

obviously but can you see a player and a club mutually terminating a contract which means a)player loses out on cash, fitness sharpness etc. or b) a club pays settlement?

Roo69
04/08/2005, 2:44 PM
obviously but can you see a player and a club mutually terminating a contract which means a)player loses out on cash, fitness sharpness etc. or b) a club pays settlement?

Sounds like the player we would sign :D

town73
04/08/2005, 4:08 PM
Whats the 'official' line on this ??

Released at his own request: official site (http://www.longfordtownfc.com)

I believe he can sign for any other club. He was released inside the transfer window, AFAIK.

franz
05/08/2005, 9:11 AM
Good bye alan (he may not be gone yet?)
New players on http://www.elevenaside.com/longfordtown/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=18502

yes it says on elevenaside that we are expecting a replacement for alan and a new striker form rovers
sounds promising

Bosco
05/08/2005, 11:39 AM
Not exactly breaking news,they were signed last weekend