PDA

View Full Version : Irish indo your havin' a laugh

kevincronin2000
30/07/2005, 9:51 AM
"Irish" Independent this morning (saturday) on its first sports page it has the uefa champions league draw with Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton and even rangers in Bold but yet Shelbourne might as well be in pluto with them.

I know the article is coppied from there counterparts acrooss the pond but surley in todays world it would not be too dificult to rectify. :rolleyes:

thejollyrodger
30/07/2005, 10:02 AM
INDO Patheitic RAG :mad:

voice your opposition here

To send a letter to the editor: independent.letters@unison.independent.ie

For all general enquiries and requests for information: info@unison.independent.ie

Comic Book Guy
30/07/2005, 12:27 PM
This is not just confined to the Indo, here in Cork the Echo's back page had a banner headline '' Easy draw for 'Pool'' :mad:
This coming the night after Cork City get through to the next round of the UEFA cup. Granted the same paper did devote at least three inside pages to the exploits of Cork City on Thursday night.
In what other European country would you find the fortunes of a foreign team getting the banner headlines over the fortunes of local sides? :confused:

eirebhoy
30/07/2005, 12:36 PM
The Irish Independant and Irish Times get their articles from the likes of the Guardian in England. For example, The Irish Times article was taken from the Guardian and no Irish team was mentioned. They had a seperate article on the Irish teams in Europe though.

kevincronin2000
30/07/2005, 5:32 PM
This is not just confined to the Indo, here in Cork the Echo's back page had a banner headline '' Easy draw for 'Pool'' :mad:
This coming the night after Cork City get through to the next round of the UEFA cup. Granted the same paper did devote at least three inside pages to the exploits of Cork City on Thursday night.
In what other European country would you find the fortunes of a foreign team getting the banner headlines over the fortunes of local sides? :confused:

the champions league draw was made before the uefa cup and made the deadline for the paper.

jofyisgod
30/07/2005, 6:58 PM
"Irish" Independent this morning (saturday) on its first sports page it has the uefa champions league draw with Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton and even rangers in Bold but yet Shelbourne might as well be in pluto with them.

I know the article is coppied from there counterparts acrooss the pond but surley in todays world it would not be too dificult to rectify. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. People big up the Indo, but at the end of the day it's as bad as the others.

BohsFans
31/07/2005, 1:13 AM
I noticed the exact same thing in tonights Herald.

Dodge
31/07/2005, 9:55 AM
Well Shels won't be in the next round so no big deal...

Disgrace leaving Cork out but did anyone expect any different?