First Division

Friday 9th (All 19:45)

Athlone v Wexford
Waterford v Cork
Treaty v Bray
Cobh v Galway

sbgawa
05/09/2022, 4:18 PM
Can Bohemians do us a favour next Friday against Derry? At the risk of going all Kevin Keegan i dont think Bohs will be up for it but i would LOVE IT if they did :)
Rovers need to put in a performance against Finn Harps on Sunday , no wobbles allowed.
Galway are 8 points behind Cork with a game in hand (so theoretically 5 points) and Cork go to Galway the weekend after next.
Cork cant afford to stumble (bit like Rovers) but should make it.

El-Pietro
05/09/2022, 4:27 PM
Would be shocked if Cobh get anything at all against Galway. Might head down to it on the off chance though as I can't make it to Waterford. Our game is a tough one, Waterford celebrated their point against us like they'd won the league (they played most of the game with 10 men so somewhat understandable) so I'd imagine they will be well up for this one. I'd take a point right now if you gave it to me.

Jd2793
05/09/2022, 5:53 PM
a point would be good down in waterford and id take it now tbh. we've not really played well in ages outside of the waterford game even though they had 10 men for 80 mins. just hoping we can get the job done, cant do another season in the hellish division. wexford at home is an awful game after the week off and all. ideally we nab 4 pts from the next 2 games.

ger121
05/09/2022, 8:28 PM
Can Bohemians do us a favour next Friday against Derry? At the risk of going all Kevin Keegan i dont think Bohs will be up for it but i would LOVE IT if they did :)
Rovers need to put in a performance against Finn Harps on Sunday , no wobbles allowed.
Galway are 8 points behind Cork with a game in hand (so theoretically 5 points) and Cork go to Galway the weekend after next.
Cork cant afford to stumble (bit like Rovers) but should make it.

I actually think we will be up for it. Detser would be a good man for motivating the players and they will be buzzing after Friday’s performance and result. We’ve a terrible record up in the Brandywell but I would not be majorly surprised if we came away with a point. You can thank us later😉

TonyD
05/09/2022, 11:16 PM
I actually think we will be up for it. Detser would be a good man for motivating the players and they will be buzzing after Friday’s performance and result. We’ve a terrible record up in the Brandywell but I would not be majorly surprised if we came away with a point. You can thank us later��

You can have our thanks too if you get something. ��

patrickccfc
07/09/2022, 8:00 AM
I'd take 2 draws from our next 2 games if they were offered to me. Because losing those 2 would put us in real danger of throwing this away. I know Galway have that game in hand too. Cobh only raise their game for us really so don't hold any hope of a favour there, though as the reference for Kevin Keegan above says, I'd LOVE IT if they did take points off them.

Finlay Harp
07/09/2022, 9:15 AM
I’ll be delighted if we win the toss in Tallaght!

sbgawa
07/09/2022, 1:31 PM

Good to see you on here Ollie ;)

Peaky Blinder
08/09/2022, 10:21 AM

I genuinely think everyone has a better shot at something when playing us for the remainder of the season due to injuries & the european run. To me the team looks tired and is definitely not playing with the same level of intensity as they were a few weeks ago.
The league is far from over.

brendy_éire
08/09/2022, 11:12 AM
I genuinely think everyone has a better shot at something when playing us for the remainder of the season due to injuries & the european run. To me the team looks tired and is definitely not playing with the same level of intensity as they were a few weeks ago.
The league is far from over.

I agree that you've looked tired over recent weeks, and that'll probably be an issue for the rest of the season. The squad is big enough to deal with it though, there just isn't any real threat to a league. Derry are too inconsistent, with a poor home record and inability to put a run of wins together. Dundalk, even with their ill-gotten three extra points, again are inconsistent. Added to that is that both Derry and Dundalk have more games played (two extra by Tuesday), it's just not a realistic gap to be able to close.

I get that Bradley and his players (and even fans) will need to stay motivated by telling themselves the league is not yet won, but Rovers 1/10 with the bookies to win the league. Says it all.

oriel
08/09/2022, 1:23 PM
It won't happen but just for the craic, a 5-0 or 6-1 win for Dundalk tomorrow, and we will move top on GD for 2 days albeit with 3 games more played.

Current GD was +15, then with the 0-2 Sligo loss removed, and 3-0 added in, a swing of 5 will take it up to + 20, Rovers have GD of +25.

On more serious note, the +20 GD and additional 3 points gives a nice cushion of +5 points and 4 goals better off than St Pats (with a game more played**) for securing 3rd place and back to europe.

**Shels won't make that game in hand easy v Pats after all their carry on, that's for sure.

sbgawa
08/09/2022, 5:53 PM
So I guess all the derry matches for next week or so are off.

DCSIL
08/09/2022, 6:29 PM

Really worried about us or Dundalk closing the gap.

TonyD
08/09/2022, 7:54 PM
**Shels won't make that game in hand easy v Pats after all their carry on, that's for sure.

All Pats “carry on “. Lol. The league are obviously content that there was no “carry on” from Pats. Pity about the present of 3 unearned extra points to Dundalk, but what can you do ?

ger121
09/09/2022, 7:52 AM

Really worried about us or Dundalk closing the gap.

I think they call it humour or as the cool kids like to say “banter”.

patsdad
09/09/2022, 9:24 AM

The only carry on was by Shels and the Disciplinary Committee didn’t entertain it. Quite embarrassing for our Drumcondra friends but at least they’ve stayed faithful to the spirit of Ollie Byrne. I’d agree that it’ll be a motivating factor when the game is played but more so for us.

ger121
09/09/2022, 12:28 PM
I’m assuming that the Derry game goes ahead as it is under the jurisdiction of the FAI? All games in the NIFL have been cancelled.

brendy_éire
09/09/2022, 12:42 PM
I’m assuming that the Derry game goes ahead as it is under the jurisdiction of the FAI? All games in the NIFL have been cancelled.

Aye, no issues there. Expecting the traditional 1-1 home draw.

ger121
09/09/2022, 1:09 PM

I would be very happy to partake in this 1-1 home tradition of yours.

Dermobohs
09/09/2022, 5:07 PM
The hell with that, go up there and beat the ****e out of them.

ger121
09/09/2022, 5:22 PM
The hell with that, go up there and beat the ****e out of them.

With our record up there? I’d take a draw now.

DCSIL
09/09/2022, 6:14 PM

Yes, 92nd minute equaliser for us probably.

Handy Rovers aren't playing tonight, Sbgawa has a FG fundraiser to attend no doubt.

joey B
09/09/2022, 7:04 PM
That looked a horrendous fall for Ciaran Coll,hopefully he’s ok….

DCSIL
09/09/2022, 7:06 PM
Bad injury to Ciaran Coll holding the game up here

DCSIL
09/09/2022, 7:13 PM
Pats down to 10 - seen the incident, not surprised

TonyD
09/09/2022, 7:17 PM
Pats down to 10 - seen the incident, not surprised

Extremely stupid from Breslin. We were comfortably on top, now it’ll be a struggle to get anything. I’d dump Breslin from the team for a good spell for that.

sbgawa
09/09/2022, 7:22 PM
Yes, 92nd minute equaliser for us probably.

Handy Rovers aren't playing tonight, Sbgawa has a FG fundraiser to attend no doubt.

Actually I'm at a Progressive Democrats relaunch party. �� can we have a moment of quiet reflection for all the man utd , Liverpool and Chelsea etc supporters at this very difficult time for them as they adjust to having a king instead of a queen. Not to mention the cost of the cancelled flights this weekend back to the mainland.

DCSIL
09/09/2022, 7:27 PM
Outstanding goal from Duffy

Actually I'm at a Progressive Democrats relaunch party. ��

Watching the match last night impressive how the Fourth Stand is going up in Tallaght - Quicker than Vardakar and his pals can build houses for the plebs.

Philosophizer
09/09/2022, 7:28 PM
Did the commentator just called Duffy's goal "an absolute snorter of a goal"??
Never heard that one before...

CorribsideSteve
09/09/2022, 7:28 PM
Some goal from Duffy! A snorter of a goal, according to the RTE 2 commentator ... Very few places beat the atmosphere of a bouncing Brandyweel.

pineapple stu
09/09/2022, 7:37 PM
Another snorter has Dundalk ahead in the Bowl - Keith Ward with a free in off both posts. Literally couldn't have placed it any better

Nah Nah Nah Nah
09/09/2022, 7:39 PM
Shels have had pretty much all the chances in this game without McNicholas having to make a save.

Shels will be issuing an apology for their crowds singing tomorrow like Shams today

Philosophizer
09/09/2022, 7:45 PM
Shels will be issuing an apology for their crowds singing tomorrow like Shams today
I heard a few renditions of that tune on TV tonight too. I genuinely couldn't make out the words but I assume it was the same as Tallaght.

Dermobohs
09/09/2022, 7:50 PM
RTE’s interest in our game exposed by the team sheet graphic at the start, whoever did that should be sacked now. Shower of PL GAA *******.

TonyD
09/09/2022, 7:59 PM
UCD equalise against Dundalk. Some good news.

ger121
09/09/2022, 8:00 PM
I heard a few renditions of that tune on TV tonight too. I genuinely couldn't make out the words but I assume it was the same as Tallaght.

Nah, they were singing “Duffy’s in the box”

sbgawa
09/09/2022, 8:02 PM
Outstanding goal from Duffy

Watching the match last night impressive how the Fourth Stand is going up in Tallaght - Quicker than Vardakar and his pals can build houses for the plebs.

Ah it'll be alright soon enough the shinners will be in and everyone will get two free houses paid for by.......ah they'll figure that out later.

CorribsideSteve
09/09/2022, 8:06 PM
Galway heading into the playoffs in poor form. 1-0 down tonight so far away to Cobh.

DCSIL
09/09/2022, 8:09 PM
Ah it'll be alright soon enough the shinners will be in and everyone will get two free houses paid for by.......ah they'll figure that out later.

Will there be a minute's silence for Robert Troy before the game on Sunday?

sbgawa
09/09/2022, 8:27 PM
At least 2 minutes repeating all his worthwhile interventions

DCSIL
09/09/2022, 8:34 PM
UCD currently 3-2 up on Dundalk

pineapple stu
09/09/2022, 8:37 PM
Two minutes of added time to get through. Cracking game

refjohn
09/09/2022, 8:42 PM
UCD currently 3-2 up on Dundalk

should we check suspension lists ;-)

pineapple stu
09/09/2022, 8:46 PM
should we check suspension lists ;-)
You may **** off!

I think that ends something like 15 defeats in a row against Dundalk. Great timing

TonyD
09/09/2022, 8:49 PM
Great night for Pats. Superb win in Drogheda with 10 men from the 23rd minutes. Drogheda never really troubled us with the extra man. Still think Breslin was an idiot to get himself sent off for raising his hands. Team responded brilliantly though. Sweet bonus was UCD beating Dundalk. Two points behind with a game in hand. The chase is on, as Bradley Walsh might say.

culloty82
09/09/2022, 8:52 PM
I presume there must have been a serious injury in the Munster derby that there have been 13 (!) minutes of injury - Waterford equalised late on, but Cork have now retaken the lead, which moves them significantly nearer the championship. Meanwhile, Galway got a late draw at Cobh, which means the latter now fall to the bottom on goal difference.

DCSIL
09/09/2022, 8:55 PM
Another 3 points :eek:

D24Saint
09/09/2022, 8:56 PM
Great win for Pats in Drogheda, the team had to dig deep and got the win. A shock result in Belfield makes Sligos paperwork error feel all the worser.

Philosophizer
09/09/2022, 8:59 PM
Even though Bohs lost they created some decent chances and it was an even game. Some of their new players like Clarke and Varian are starting to look all right. Nothing amazing, but an improvement on the performances from a few weeks ago that's for sure when they were outplayed by 10 men Shels.