PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Scores

dancinpants
29/07/2005, 8:38 PM
Waterford 1-3 City (K Brennan, and Farren 2)
Bohs 1-1 UCD (almost over)
Lims 1-1 Mons.

dancinpants
29/07/2005, 8:42 PM
Limerick win 2-1 with a last minute peno.

Slash/ED
29/07/2005, 9:27 PM
Bohs UCD was a decent enough game, draw was a fair result imo.

kevincronin2000
29/07/2005, 10:26 PM
I honestly thought Derry would start dropping points by know Cork City travel to derry at the end of the month which is a massive game allready and with no euro distractions for them they have really emerged as title contenders.

kevincronin2000
29/07/2005, 10:29 PM
Limerick win 2-1 with a last minute peno.

ya on loan cork city player jamie nolan seems to be playing well at the moment.

De Town
29/07/2005, 10:33 PM
I honestly thought Derry would start dropping points by know Cork City travel to derry at the end of the month which is a massive game allready and with no euro distractions for them they have really emerged as title contenders.
And they're getting McCourt :eek:

Surely one of the TV companies will go to Derry for this game.

kevincronin2000
30/07/2005, 10:23 AM
And they're getting McCourt :eek:

Surely one of the TV companies will go to Derry for this game.

i wouldnt take it for granted, the thing about showing game live on a friday night is that i never get to watch them as i am at a game, and i'm sure that goes for a lot of people on this site.

BohDiddley
30/07/2005, 5:17 PM
Bohs UCD was a decent enough game, draw was a fair result imo.
That's generous of you.
UCD were the better side on the night, although the ref was a thundering disgrace. :mad: Career-threatening tackle on Farrelly (four stitches at half-time) went completely unpunished, and what a howler for the penalty. I understand the ref has hoop connections. Pity he isn't capable of the same detachment as Bohs-supporting judges.
If you don't believe me, review the game on Setanta: I'm sure it'll be repeated 15 times. We urgently need some quality control on refs in EL.

Slash/ED
30/07/2005, 6:49 PM
I don't think Bohs played as poorly as people are making out, for a while I thought they'd run away with it until the incredible penalty decision (Both managers said it WAS a penalty after the game, completley baffling :confused: ), when you lost Farrelly you lost the mid field then the subs made you lose your shape completley but Bohs still created chances and had more shots in the end, though UCD did have some incredible misses, over the 90 minutes a draw was fair.

Poor Student
30/07/2005, 7:19 PM
I was in line with the penalty incident and I have watched it again on video. Extremely little in it if at all. Very fortunate to get it. A draw was the minimum we deserved and the maximum Bohs deserved. We had several clear cut chance to win it. Michael O'Donnell sliced a dead cert goal chance wide. Bohs started off excellently and I feared a rout however once we got the goal we came into it well. J.P. Kelly scored a brilliantly struck shot. The weather was poor and not very conducive to a neat game with plenty of slipping and mistakes from a greasy ball. Remarkably also the pitch markings disappeared twice with the rain in both halves!

As a sidenote this was my first time in Dalymount and I must say I am very impressed with the Jody Stand. Top quality seats and no skimping on the size. Although with the rain it looked desperately slippy. Pat Fenlon was at this game sitting a row or two behind me and took a bit of abuse from some mouthy aul fella telling him they'd get hammered in Romania. :o

sonofstan
30/07/2005, 7:45 PM
a mouthy old fella in the Jodi? never ... otherwise you're right - a draw was the least you deserved, the most we deserved; watched it on setanta this afternoon and it wasn't quite as bad as it seemed last night...