PDA

View Full Version : Roy O'Donovan -V- Liam Kearney

Dyl10
29/07/2005, 8:30 PM
I Don't get to see Cork very often so i want to know your opinion. Who do you think is better? and who is generally thought to be better? Kearny seems to have alot of skill whereas Roy seems to have a huge amount of pace

A face
29/07/2005, 9:15 PM
That is a hard question you've picked for yourself !!

I dunno ... they both have pace at full sprint, i reckon Kearney is better at the bobbing and weaving and going around players, Roy makes up for that by sometimes trying to go through players. Both have huge amount of skill ..... although Kearney, being in the team and playing with the rest of the squad that bit longer would be better (has an understanding with other players) also Danny Murphy and Kearney have brilliant vision, miles ahead of anyone on that side of the park. Both are good at getting goals but i think Roy will pass Kearney out there as he seems to have a good eye for goal and is a bit more prepared to take a shot i think.
Right now ..... they are level .... but something tells me .... we have alot more to see from Roy !!

Slash/ED
29/07/2005, 10:01 PM
If I had to pick one to sign for Shels it'd be Kearney every time. I think he is a fantastic player.

De Town
29/07/2005, 10:06 PM
If I had to pick one to sign for Shels it'd be Kearney every time. I think he is a fantastic player.
Agreed, but insert Longford instead of Shels. He's amazing to watch.

thecorner
29/07/2005, 11:49 PM
roy is a better right sided player
liam is a better left sided player

there ya go ;)

RedX
29/07/2005, 11:57 PM
I would prefer to see Kearneys name on the team sheet anyday over Roys..Roy is a good player with great heart and pace but at this moment in time Kearney is well ahead with his all-round game..

Dyl10
30/07/2005, 11:22 AM
roy is a better right sided player
liam is a better left sided player

there ya go ;)

Well Done "Clap" "Clap" you still didn't tell me which was better :rolleyes:

Éanna
30/07/2005, 12:04 PM
Kearney is the better of the two at the moment, but Roy is still adapting to first team football. Hard to say though as they're very different players.

DolansWaistcoat
30/07/2005, 3:04 PM
Kearney shades it at the moment but roy will get better and better for us.

Whats on the back of Kearneys neck by the way? :eek: ;)

RedX
30/07/2005, 4:18 PM
Kearney is starting to look like a little Hobbit... :D

TommyGaynor
30/07/2005, 5:40 PM
I'd pick Kearney over Roy atm as well, though one reservation I have with him is that he's a bit on the weak side. Needs to change his hairdresser too

RedX
30/07/2005, 8:40 PM
I'd pick Kearney over Roy atm as well, though one reservation I have with him is that he's a bit on the weak side. Needs to change his hairdresser too

Kearney is a lot stronger than he looks..he has had some great clashes with Heary over the last twelve months and did quiet well..he is not afraid to challenge anyone..great little player..

radar
30/07/2005, 9:55 PM
I'd say Kearney but his form has dipped a little in the last few weeks. Maybe since returning from injury. On top form he provides an incredible percentage of good crosses from the possesion he receives. I'm less convinced about O'Donovan purely from what i have seen. At times he appears to me to take people on when maybe other options are available. Id hate to be harsh because be hasnt been at the club too long. A a pair they provide incredible width and balance to the team. Both hug the line and teammates know where they are. City are switching the play effortlessly this season, turning defences and this has led to a lot of goals. I think the previous anwser of Kearney on the left and O' Donovan on the right was true. The thing about City at the moment though is both are under pressure to perform every game to keep their place which is an amazing thought.

harry crumb
30/07/2005, 10:38 PM
Kearney for me. Best left winger in the league.

Contract for Kearney!

Both good players.

pete
01/08/2005, 10:16 PM
Kearney is the better of the two at the moment, but Roy is still adapting to first team football. Hard to say though as they're very different players.

I agree with that. Liam is more creative midfielder but Roy is more direct & better goal scorer.