Sligo v Drogheda 19:45

First Division (All 19:45)

Wexford v Waterford
Treaty v Cobh
Cork v Longford
Bray v Athlone

sbgawa
31/08/2022, 2:26 PM
Would be a big 3 points this Friday for Rovers and no midweek game for the first time in ages means no excuses.
Theoretically easier games to come against Harps , Shels , UCD after it so be great to get 3 points in the Dublin Derby.
Will Bohs get a bounce from Longs departure? still surprised they didnt give him a shot at this one to give their season a lift and maybe go on a run.
Disgraceful decision to only give Rovers 358 tickets and leave the Des Kelly over half empty after Rovers giving them 1000 tickets for the last Tallaght Match, i thought when we did that it was the end of the nonsense between the clubs.

If Derry and Dundalk dont pick up 3 points in their Matches they will be under pressure form Pats as they seem to be the 1 team of the 3 in best form.
Cork with a chance to go 10 clear with a home win over Longford , be nice to have them back :)

legendz
31/08/2022, 5:13 PM
Would be a big 3 points this Friday for Rovers and no midweek game for the first time in ages means no excuses.
Theoretically easier games to come against Harps , Shels , UCD after it so be great to get 3 points in the Dublin Derby. Friday appears to be the most difficult of the lot. 4 more wins should secure the league title.

El-Pietro
31/08/2022, 6:06 PM
Big game for us. Well be missing both Bolger and Keating to suspension. Longford have gotten decent results against the top 3 this season including us so it won't be a wall in the park.

total hoofball
31/08/2022, 7:42 PM
Dundalk vs Shels is live on RTÉ. I'm sure Duff will receive a welcoming reception from the Oriel crowd

Nesta99
01/09/2022, 12:53 AM
He will be warmly welcomed to Casey's Field, its that match officials he'd be booed by.

ontheotherhand
01/09/2022, 2:52 AM
Theoretically easier games to come against Harps , Shels , UCD after it so be great to get 3 points in the Dublin Derby.
Will Bohs get a bounce from Longs departure? still surprised they didnt give him a shot at this one to give their season a lift and maybe go on a run.
Disgraceful decision to only give Rovers 358 tickets and leave the Des Kelly over half empty after Rovers giving them 1000 tickets for the last Tallaght Match, i thought when we did that it was the end of the nonsense between the clubs.

If Derry and Dundalk dont pick up 3 points in their Matches they will be under pressure form Pats as they seem to be the 1 team of the 3 in best form.
Cork with a chance to go 10 clear with a home win over Longford , be nice to have them back :)

Ah they wouldn't give us the satisfaction of getting him sacked. The seat allocation is beyond petty, especially after we opted against writing a letter about their last visit to Tallaght. Both clubs have been childish but I thought we'd done our part to bury the hatchet recently. They could have reciprocated to put the nonsense of the past few seasons behind us but Lambert seems to be the biggest child of all.

Good to have cork back as you say. Their fans are insufferable *****s at times but sure aren't we all? Bar harps of course.

sbgawa
02/09/2022, 4:50 PM
Bohs issuing another letter to their members pre match tonight justifying their 358 ticket stance. Someone should give them some PR advice. When your in a hole stop digging.

Nesta99
02/09/2022, 5:10 PM
One before the game this time, bonus!

Getting in to the must win territory for Dundalk, be to be beating Shels at home missing players or not. I'm half expecting a sweeper in defence tonight, or could be wishful thinking!

ger121
02/09/2022, 5:45 PM
I have the lowest expectation going into this fixture, than at any other time I can remember. Which definitely means we are going to win tonight.

sbgawa
02/09/2022, 6:11 PM
I have the lowest expectation going into this fixture, than at any other time I can remember. Which definitely means we are going to win tonight.

It's a strange one tonight doesn't even feel like a big match. I know that's because we have had so many big matches lately but I'm hoping the players don't feel like this.

sbgawa
02/09/2022, 6:13 PM
One before the game this time, bonus!

Getting in to the must win territory for Dundalk, be to be beating Shels at home missing players or not. I'm half expecting a sweeper in defence tonight, or could be wishful thinking!

Pre match bonus ;) I'm tired of talking about them , it's just an irritant.
You need to win tonight pats or on a role. Unlikely 4th won't qualify for europe but not impossible . Will SOD abandon the suicide line ?

ger121
02/09/2022, 6:16 PM
It's a strange one tonight doesn't even feel like a big match. I know that's because we have had so many big matches lately but I'm hoping the players don't feel like this.

It does feel low key alright. Like other things on and off the field are overshadowing it.

sidcon
02/09/2022, 6:29 PM
It's more to reiterate to our own fans, we had idiots too that have done the same. Nothing worse that kettle calling the pot black but rovers and the media would be all over it if we done it.

CorribsideSteve
02/09/2022, 6:48 PM
Is Oriel Park now officially called Casey's field? I still call Eamon Deacy Park as Terryland, and I suspect this will be just as difficult for me to change :P

Nah Nah Nah Nah
02/09/2022, 6:50 PM
Is Oriel Park now officially called Casey's field? I still call Eamon Deacy Park as Terryland, and I suspect this will be just as difficult for me to change :P

Just the rest of the season. Although I wouldn’t want my name associated with that “pitch”

The Bowler
02/09/2022, 6:54 PM
I didn't expect anything in Derry tonight, but that is a shambolic goal to concede after 5 mins

CorribsideSteve
02/09/2022, 7:17 PM
BAD miss there from Martin

Calcio Jack
02/09/2022, 8:21 PM
Rovers losing to a poor Bohs team … but we’ve shown nothing in attack

Cracking goal from Liam Burt to continue the annual tradition of our future signing scoring a cracker against us

The Bowler
02/09/2022, 8:34 PM
Barely recognisable 11 finishing the game for UCD at the Brandywell, Myler has driven this squad into the ground.

CorribsideSteve
02/09/2022, 8:42 PM
Very falt ending to the Dundalk Shels match. They really miss Hoban. Hope that the Shels player isn't too badly imjured but it didn't look great.

pineapple stu
02/09/2022, 8:42 PM
Barely recognisable 11 finishing the game for UCD at the Brandywell
Not sure about that. I see 8 regulars, two lads on for their debuts in the last five minutes when 3-0 down (and why not?) and Daniel Norris, who's been in and around the squad most of the season, and with Ryan gone, he may be more prominent for the remainder.

Harps lost; that's the important thing. Onto next week and hopefully something off a side with an iffy away record.

Calcio Jack
02/09/2022, 8:43 PM
Rovers losing to a poor Bohs team … but we’ve shown nothing in attack

Cracking goal from Liam Burt to continue the annual tradition of our future signing scoring a cracker against us

Utter muck from us …. No excuse for that sort of lethargy…. On that performance league by no means a done deal

sbgawa
02/09/2022, 8:43 PM
Pity to lose to such a poor team. Feel like the players didn't see it as a big match and performed accordingly. Dissapointing but if we turn up for the bigger matches ahead we will be happy

ger121
02/09/2022, 8:47 PM

When I am right…

Shinkicker
02/09/2022, 8:53 PM
Bohs deserved the win tonight. Sean whore should have walked too for his tackle. Ironically Rovers kicked seven shades of sh1t out of their supposedly new/ future employee and he was the one who killed them tonight. Also recognition to Clarke who was superb.

D24Saint
02/09/2022, 9:06 PM
Jaysus Harps are a cynical side. In fairness they do what they have to do to be competitive in games. The red card was an awful challenge and no idea how Dykes could have went bonkers over the refs decision. From our own perspective we played brilliant in the first twenty minutes but once Harps scored we looked flat overall. That’s four lovely wins on the trot at a crucial point of the season , if that pesky Derry City could hit some poor form we would be laughing.

Shinkicker
02/09/2022, 9:11 PM
On 74 minutes Rovers brought on Towel and played like they threw in the towel.

ger121
02/09/2022, 9:12 PM
Pity to lose to such a poor team. Feel like the players didn't see it as a big match and performed accordingly. Dissapointing but if we turn up for the bigger matches ahead we will be happy

You’ll be hoping we turn up next Friday or that one point gap could make things nice and nervy, even with two games in hand.

Calcio Jack
02/09/2022, 9:16 PM
On 74 minutes Rovers brought on Towel and played like they threw in the towel.

That’s rubbish… we finished on the front foot even the ‘Bohs’ commentator acknowledged that when he said Rovers looked like the team with 11 players…. Anyway Bohs won the skirmish and that’s probably as good as it will get for them … we move on to bigger challenges …

ontheotherhand
02/09/2022, 9:28 PM
When I am right…

You deserved it on balance. We were really poor. Probably shaded the first half but that was a bad half of football. Really low energy from both teams. Picked up second half. Ref had a bit of a shocker. If Dylan goes Twardek should have as well. Really bad tackle by Feely at the end that went completely unpunished as well. But realistically I shouldn't remember the refs game and only do because we lost.

Philosophizer
02/09/2022, 9:32 PM
The red card was an awful challenge and no idea how Dykes could have went bonkers over the refs decision. From our own perspective we played brilliant in the first twenty minutes but once Harps scored we looked flat overall. That’s four lovely wins on the trot at a crucial point of the season , if that pesky Derry City could hit some poor form we would be laughing.
I thought the red was very harsh. It wasn't a dangerous tackle, just very cynical and blatant. Pats were lucky that harps were so bad in he opening 20.

Shinkicker
02/09/2022, 9:41 PM
That’s rubbish… we finished on the front foot even the ‘Bohs’ commentator acknowledged that when he said Rovers looked like the team with 11 players…. Anyway Bohs won the skirmish and that’s probably as good as it will get for them … we move on to bigger challenges …
Total nonsense!! Rovers were slow, lathargic and generally poor all around. The Bohs keeper didn't have a save to make. While Bohs weren't great they deserved their win. Rovers should have had 2 red cards but the ref bottled it. You certainly finished giving it your best shot but it clearly wasn't enough. You will win the league and fair play to you, but tonight you just weren't good enough against your old adversiries.

Shinkicker
02/09/2022, 9:46 PM
Total nonsense!! Rovers were slow, lathargic and generally poor all around. The Bohs keeper didn't have a save to make. While Bohs weren't great they deserved their win. Rovers should have had 2 red cards but the ref bottled it. You certainly finished giving it your best shot but it clearly wasn't enough. You will win the league and fair play to you, but tonight you just weren't good enough against your old adversiries.

The above was from a Rovers supporter.

ontheotherhand
02/09/2022, 9:53 PM

We were poor but we did finish the stronger. Your keeper did make a save and you were lucky to keep Twardek and feely on. Watts red was very soft. The first was never a yellow and the second was a free and nothing more. So.....you might be riding a wave of excitement there shin.

Still deserved your win as I said above. Better team on the night.

D24Saint
02/09/2022, 10:03 PM
I thought the red was very harsh. It wasn't a dangerous tackle, just very cynical and blatant. Pats were lucky that harps were so bad in he opening 20.

On first glance it looked a poor tackle. I’ll have a look when the highlights are uploaded. Overall Harps play on the edge. It’s to be expected and they are good at getting under your skin. We need someone who can finish next season , I expected a lot more from the Doyle’s & Tunde. I think Ronan Coughlan doesn’t look bothered.

ger121
02/09/2022, 10:06 PM
Anyway Bohs won the skirmish and that’s probably as good as it will get for them … we move on to bigger challenges …

There’s a bang of “well we didn’t want to go to your party anyway..” off that post

If beating your opponents in a big derby match, that also gets you 3 points closer to the title and does not open the door to your title challengers, is not considered a big challenge, then I’m not sure what is?!

Shinkicker
We were poor but we did finish the stronger. Your keeper did make a save and you were lucky to keep Twardek and feely on. Watts red was very soft. The first was never a yellow and the second was a free and nothing more. So.....you might be riding a wave of excitement there shin.

Still deserved your win as I said above. Better team on the night.
👍. To be honest Rovers didn't deserve anthing tonight. The league is yours and they were probably consentrating on other things, but there are certain domestic games that hurt and this is one.

joey B
In the second half tonight I think Pats passed it around for about 6 or 7 minutes without us touching the ball ,felt longer,in general I can’t fault our effort just completely devoid of any quality and should have lost by more tonight,Pats missed a few sitters,McKeown made one unbelievable save from point blank range aswell….

On the red card it’s difficult to tell from the one angle camera replay,definitely late and cynical,the ref had a better view than me anyway!

ontheotherhand
02/09/2022, 10:19 PM
👍. To be honest Rovers didn't deserve anthing tonight. The league is yours and they were probably consentrating on other things, but there are certain domestic games that hurt and this is one.

To be honest it's a derby I won't remember. I'm usually a bag of nerves for weeks leading up but this just didn't feel the same. If we'd won I would have celebrated the clean sweep but the loss doesn't feel as bad as it usually would given how things are going for both clubs. Maybe the players felt the same but there's no excuse for them feeling that way!

Wouldn't say the league is ours either. I'd be feeling pretty hopefully if I was a Derry fan now. We will slip up again. If they can go on a winning run they will be right there at the end.

Bohtastic
02/09/2022, 10:21 PM
After Twardek's challenge I did think that he might have gotten a second yellow, but thinking about it, Watts' second yellow was for a cynical foul when Burt was breaking at speed, but Twardek's was more clumsy.
I reckon that was the reason for Henessey's different treatment. Cleary's tackle could have been a red imo.

Shinkicker
02/09/2022, 10:28 PM
To be honest it's a derby I won't remember. I'm usually a bag of nerves for weeks leading up but this just didn't feel the same. If we'd won I would have celebrated the clean sweep but the loss doesn't feel as bad as it usually would given how things are going for both clubs. Maybe the players felt the same but there's no excuse for them feeling that way!

Wouldn't say the league is ours either. I'd be feeling pretty hopefully if I was a Derry fan now. We will slip up again. If they can go on a winning run they will be right there at the end.
I fully understand your sentiments regarding tonight's game, but the league is yours.

Calcio Jack
02/09/2022, 11:02 PM

I was responding to your comment that Rovers threw in the towel when Towel came on after 74 mins .. when in fact they finished the stronger as you agreed above… and yes we by our standards were exceptionally poor for most of the second half having controlled the first but not created much .. you got a fantastic individual strike and that was the difference …. On another night we’d of come away with a point …. As for red cards should of been two for us and one for you but ref was the usual very poor and favoured neither side

Calcio Jack
02/09/2022, 11:10 PM
There’s a bang of “well we didn’t want to go to your party anyway..” off that post

If beating your opponents in a big derby match, that also gets you 3 points closer to the title and does not open the door to your title challengers, is not considered a big challenge, then I’m not sure what is?!

Why would I want to go to your party ???? Tonight was a single match and three points missed I.e. a skirmish as we’ve still got a commanding lead and lots of other similar league challenges ahead and even potentially even bigger ones in Europe…. Understandable based on your league position and the week you’ve had it was a bigger event/ challenge for you than for us ( and I’m not being arrogant by saying that , simply calling out the reality of our perspectives)

wexfordned
03/09/2022, 12:41 AM
Bohemians went out to win tonight. Shamrock players filled a fixture. That's why Bohs beat Shamrock tonight.

Aaron Greene is my hero. I've never seen someone so **** at football be so successful. The man must have serious dirt on Bradley.

How the **** someone so **** can get a living a professional footballer.....

Well done sir I salute you

ToberonaTornado
03/09/2022, 3:02 AM
Dundalk 0-0 Shelbourne
Two flat teams atm.
Shels well formed and tight at the back and in mf but offer sfa up front.
Ref McGraith(injured or sick or something) was replaced by P.McLaughlin just before k\o and that was that for us! J. Martin thru on goal,fouled by Molloy - Molloy was last man and McLaughlin gives him a yellow and not a red so he obv seen the foul. No consistency from the refs.
Porr enough game all the same.

trevy
03/09/2022, 7:19 AM
Excellent game in Wexford last night. Waterford 2 0 up and in total control but Wexford got a penalty for handball to bring them into It and equalised in last 10 minutes. It was end to end from then on. Wassim Aouchria should have won it but blazed over from 6 yards in the final seconds for a contender for miss of the season. Good atmosphere there with a big away support making the short journey down the N25.

CorribsideSteve
03/09/2022, 9:22 AM
Dundalk 0-0 Shelbourne
Two flat teams atm.
Shels well formed and tight at the back and in mf but offer sfa up front.
Ref McGraith(injured or sick or something) was replaced by P.McLaughlin just before k\o and that was that for us! J. Martin thru on goal,fouled by Molloy - Molloy was last man and McLaughlin gives him a yellow and not a red so he obv seen the foul. No consistency from the refs.
Porr enough game all the same.

Not to pile in on the state of Oriel, but the bucketing rain last night really highlighted the lack of cover there, and surely lowered the crowd. Didn't look much more than 2K there, though my eyes could be deceiving me on that one. I thought Martin's one could have been given but you see the DF just get away with them sometimes with the benefit of the doubt. He really coudln't have complained if it was given against him too much though. Dundalk cant play that aggressive highline nearly as effectively without Hoban prowling around, defending from the front IMO.

ToberonaTornado
03/09/2022, 10:31 AM
Not to pile in on the state of Oriel, but the bucketing rain last night really highlighted the lack of cover there, and surely lowered the crowd. Didn't look much more than 2K there, though my eyes could be deceiving me on that one. I thought Martin's one could have been given but you see the DF just get away with them sometimes with the benefit of the doubt. He really coudln't have complained if it was given against him too much though. Dundalk cant play that aggressive highline nearly as effectively without Hoban prowling around, defending from the front IMO.

I mentioned somewhere else here that the attendance was 2343 and for once that was prob the true number :D
The rain only arrived almost at the h/t whistle and sure the crowd was in by then. BUT it got everyone running for cover and unfortunately there aren't enough places or cover in op to run to when that happens.:excruciating: people were even standing in the turnstile area for shelter! It's really embarrassing at this stage.

Hoban's a huge miss(i hear he'll be back next week) for us and a fully fit Benson too. UCD next week a big game in our season now.

sadloserkid
03/09/2022, 11:23 AM
Nice touch from Rovers - https://twitter.com/dlLambo/status/1566005606858870785?t=hgPITcXBMefHxgdRH5MVdg&s=19