PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough...

ThatGuy
29/07/2005, 11:08 AM
The censorship of the word ****** is childish and pathetic. Can you get rid of it? I'm no C.eltic fan, the opposite in fact, but at this stage it is just ridiculous.

thejollyrodger
29/07/2005, 11:22 AM
****** ? is that the word

thejollyrodger
29/07/2005, 11:23 AM
omg .. i cant belive c.eltic is not allowed on this board. i wonder if rangers is ? r.angers that is

hoops1
29/07/2005, 11:34 AM
agreed

LukeO
29/07/2005, 11:39 AM
The censorship of the word ****** is childish and pathetic. Can you get rid of it? I'm no C.eltic fan, the opposite in fact, but at this stage it is just ridiculous.

100% agree. Its utterly pathetic, and some of these mods on a power trip have the cheek to accuse others of being childish. Grow up for ****s sake. :rolleyes:

Hecko
29/07/2005, 11:41 AM
Have to agree - I think we all get the point, but it is a bit ridiculous. You might as well censor references to all foreign sports... didn't someone else used to do that :rolleyes:

BohDiddley
29/07/2005, 11:43 AM
Have to say, I quite like it.
But should be even-handed for all SPL/BP teams.

dahamsta
29/07/2005, 12:06 PM
ThatGuy, here's a tip: If you want something, don't insinuate that the person that can make it happen is "childish and pathetic". Tends to work against you in ordinary circumstances.

I've removed the word ban because of it's valid use in the Junior League section. The ban on all SPL discussion stands.

adam

LukeO
29/07/2005, 12:37 PM
ThatGuy, here's a tip: If you want something, don't insinuate that the person that can make it happen is "childish and pathetic". Tends to work against you in ordinary circumstances.
adam

Truth hurt? :rolleyes:

He's entitled to make his point without being sycophantic to a power mad Gestapo mod. :mad:

Censoring the word Celtic was childish, pathetic and made you look foolish, whether you like that being said or not.

jofyisgod
29/07/2005, 12:59 PM
and made you look foolish, whether you like that being said or not.

Not really. I, and many others, are sick to death of reading about them all the time. Anyway, if it wasn't for Adam, persons such as yourself wouldn't have a platform from which to release your informed opinions to the world.

dahamsta
29/07/2005, 1:09 PM
Hey Luke, if you have such a problem with the way I run the site, why are you here? I reckon you should vote with your feet good buddy.

adam

Hibs4Ever
29/07/2005, 1:16 PM
Hey Luke, if you have such a problem with the way I run the site, why are you here? I reckon you should vote with your feet good buddy.

adam

That's your answer to everything isn't it? Do you actually want people on this site?

Jim Smith
29/07/2005, 1:18 PM
Not really. I, and many others, are sick to death of reading about them all the time. Anyway, if it wasn't for Adam, persons such as yourself wouldn't have a platform from which to release your informed opinions to the world.
What about the threads that had titles that clearly marked their subject matter that were posted in the World Football section? Who forced you to read them? My impression was that the guardians of eL purity made sure that these threads were shut down whenever they could. The old-school GAA would be impressed by this. Lads, if I was an outsider and this was my first impression of the eL and its supporters I would be very slow to go near a match.
Having said all this, we don't pay for this service so the way I look at it its like being a guest in someone's house. You may not like their rules but they set them and if you want to be invited back sometimes you've just got to put up with the rules regardless....

jofyisgod
29/07/2005, 1:23 PM
What about the threads that had titles that clearly marked their subject matter that were posted in the World Football section? Who forced you to read them? My impression was that the guardians of eL purity made sure that these threads were shut down whenever they could. The old-school GAA would be impressed by this. Lads, if I was an outsider and this was my first impression of the eL and its supporters I would be very slow to go near a match.
Having said all this, we don't pay for this service so the way I look at it its like being a guest in someone's house. You may not like their rules but they set them and if you want to be invited back sometimes you've just got to put up with the rules regardless....

2nd statement-dead on. Rules are there for a reason.

Celtic threads always descend into bollócks. Always. This is beacuse even by posting about them, people think they're making some sort of statement beyond football. God knows why, but they do. Then someone sane thinks this is silly, says that. Then they're usually accused of being something ridiculous, 'unirish' :rolleyes: , or the like. It always happens.

Also, i doubt someone is going to have wandered on here without previous knowledge of the eL, maybe occasionally, but that's hardly the norm. If they don't go to eL games, thats their loss.

Jim Smith
29/07/2005, 1:44 PM
Celtic threads always descend into bollócks. Always.Agreed, but I have a different take on why they descend to that level.

Also, i doubt someone is going to have wandered on here without previous knowledge of the eL, maybe occasionally, but that's hardly the norm. If they don't go to eL games, thats their loss.I was trying to show you what this looks like to a relative outsider.

Hibs4Ever
29/07/2005, 1:51 PM
The problem with the SPL threads is the people who don't like the SPL. End of story. If these people didn't come into the threads with their comments there would be no serious arguing. But these people have to come in and make smart comments because a celtic fans refers to his club as "we". THIS is what causes the trouble. I refer to Hibs as "we" and I travel to Edinburgh at least 14/15 times a year to see them, and omly last weekend went to Germany to watch them play a friendly. We should be able to talk about the SPL on a football forum without anti SPL people having to give their bit on it. If you don't like Scottish Football, then stay out of the thread. Simple

ThatGuy
29/07/2005, 1:52 PM

I've removed the word ban because of it's valid use in the Junior League section. The ban on all SPL discussion stands.

adam
I think the above post says it all.

I said it was "childish and pathetic" because it is childish and pathetic to ban a word like Celtic. it was not a personal attack on any individual as you have chosen to interpret it as.

The reason why I posted it on the main forum is because of the frequency of its use on it.

I think your reply speaks volumes though.

superfrank
29/07/2005, 1:58 PM
Jesus christ, stop trying to start a fight. You won. You can say Celtic all you want just don't mention the SPL. Is that not clear?

dahamsta
29/07/2005, 3:09 PM
That's your answer to everything isn't it? Do you actually want people on this site?Not if they're going to waste my bandwidth and time by bitching and whining like little girls. I'm not in it for the money, so it's not only in my best interest to keep these tossers off the site, I'd prefer it that way. I like to keep muppets away from Foot.ie in the exact same way everyone else likes to keep muppets out of their house.

Except real muppets obviously. Real muppets are cuuuuute.

adam

drinkfeckarse
29/07/2005, 3:16 PM
Not really. I, and many others, are sick to death of reading about them all the time

Which begs the question, if you're that sick of reading about them, why read them at all :rolleyes: :confused:

Next time you see a thread (if it's ever allowed again) with Celtic in it, don't read it.

There you go, nice and simple.

jofyisgod
29/07/2005, 6:40 PM
Which begs the question, if you're that sick of reading about them, why read them at all :rolleyes: :confused:

Next time you see a thread (if it's ever allowed again) with Celtic in it, don't read it.

There you go, nice and simple.

Celtic will not necessarily be in the title, will it. And as Adam has said, many of these people are muppets, unwelcome muppets.

If you are so desperate to discuss the SPL, go to a Scottish forum. This, as the .ie bit suggests, is an Irish site, dominated primarily by irish football. I don't see why you expect such amazing tolerance of the SPL. If you went on an English Football Forum, you can bet they'd kick you off for discussing the SPL.

A face
29/07/2005, 7:21 PM
I will admit that i have been one of these crazed eL fans who dismissed Sell Thick at any given opportunity ..... but haven't bothered in the last few years .... truth is it bores me so much now.

Thing is .... and others have said it ... Sell Thick fans, for the most part, are so reactionary and spiteful, most threads are destined for the thrash the moment they are created .... and i blame the gene ... the Sell Thick Gene ... the gene that prevents all Sell Thick fans for obeying rules and regulations and the like .... they just aint good with that sort of thing .... i know, i know .... you're all saying "but its not their fault, they were born like that" .... and i will say i know ... but it aint my fault now either is it !!
Anyway, i digress ... Sell Thick fans need to behave more and tow the line, and then we wouldnt be having these problems with them. More trouble than vermin they are, at this stage anyhoo !!

Plastic Paddy
29/07/2005, 7:35 PM
Surely that ranks as trolling, no?

Like I said previously, you don't fit "a face". "An arse" would be much more appropriate. If it was down to me, I'd ban you on the spot. Cretin.

:ball: PP

hamish
29/07/2005, 7:56 PM
Real muppets are cuuuuute.

adam

You've never seen/heard my "Bad-Ass Bear", Dahamsta, :D :D

Samples can be seen/heard on the Prankplace website.

A face
29/07/2005, 8:13 PM
You've never seen/heard my "Bad-Ass Bear"

And that Snuffouluffigas guy (sp??) .... he was some character !! :p

eirebhoy
30/07/2005, 4:02 PM
This one set up by a Bohs fan (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=27679)
This one started by a Limerick fan (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=27695)
This one started by a Cork fan (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=27678)

I'm not going to do a search but if people let SPL followers talk about Celtic/Rangers/SPL in the threads and stopped hijacking them things would be fine. The reason the threads turned into political nonsense is because so many Cork fans on this site would post crap in them and turn it into a non-football debate.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in posting about Celtic atm. :(

jofyisgod
30/07/2005, 6:34 PM
All of those threads should be locked regardless of team, as they are clearly threads fishing for a reaction.

TBH, it's no loss having no Celtic/SPL threadsm as it's less work for mods, and less stress for people arguing. At the end of the day, some people love Celtic, others hate them.

The powers that be on the site are not Celtic fans. Accept it, move on. Discuss them elsewhere.

Jim Smith
30/07/2005, 9:37 PM
I will admit that i have been one of these crazed eL fans who dismissed Sell Thick at any given opportunity ..... but haven't bothered in the last few years .... truth is it bores me so much now.

Thing is .... and others have said it ... Sell Thick fans, for the most part, are so reactionary and spiteful, most threads are destined for the thrash the moment they are created .... and i blame the gene ... the Sell Thick Gene ... the gene that prevents all Sell Thick fans for obeying rules and regulations and the like .... they just aint good with that sort of thing .... i know, i know .... you're all saying "but its not their fault, they were born like that" .... and i will say i know ... but it aint my fault now either is it !!
Anyway, i digress ... Sell Thick fans need to behave more and tow the line, and then we wouldnt be having these problems with them. More trouble than vermin they are, at this stage anyhoo !!
Another quality post. If you kept your mouth shut nobody would know what a retard you really are.

dahamsta
30/07/2005, 10:41 PM
Jim Smith banned for a week for personal abuse.

Zero tolerance from now on boys and girls, my time spent dealing with disruptive users has doubled in the past week or two and I'm sick of it.

Thread locked too, I have no idea why I left it open so long. It's very simple: SPL discussion is banned on Foot.ie until further notice. If you don't like that policy, don't complain, leave.

adam