PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser Chiefs

Ruairi
29/07/2005, 10:46 AM
Watched them on MTV2 live at Oxegen, have to say i was mightily impressed with them.. any other fans here? gonna get their album later

Pat O' Banton
29/07/2005, 10:56 AM
Every time I see there name, hear their vacous rubbish, see the lead singer or even worse that bloke with the hat I begin to see various shades of red and crimson, absolute, unadulterate pap, probably as well remembered in a few years time as 5.30 or Daisy Chainsaw. Why can't someone stop them poluting the airwaves.

gustavo
29/07/2005, 11:29 AM
yeah they were great that day! album is good if a bit samey , Modern Way is the best song on it,

BrayZil
29/07/2005, 11:43 AM
I bloody love the Kaiser Chiefs! The album is excellent, bit of a madness sound to it.

KeCelt
29/07/2005, 12:04 PM
Chiefs are savage, saw them in the Ambassador & Oxegen, briiliant both times.
Lead singer is great with the crowds!!

jofyisgod
29/07/2005, 12:53 PM
It's alright, but they're not gonna be moving mountains with their song writing or anything. You get the feling that they couldn't care less about the songs, they just like the fame, which gets to me a bit. Good enough album, but Bloc Party's is far superior musically.

EnDai
29/07/2005, 1:08 PM
Every time I see there name, hear their vacous rubbish, see the lead singer or even worse that bloke with the hat I begin to see various shades of red and crimson, absolute, unadulterate pap, probably as well remembered in a few years time as 5.30 or Daisy Chainsaw. Why can't someone stop them poluting the airwaves.

Daisy Chainsaw? Isn't their singer now the singer for Queen Adreena (after having spent some time in an asylum)?

Babysis
29/07/2005, 2:23 PM
i like them. Wasnt massively impressed with their album, defo a bit samesy, but there a few good songs. Get stuck in your head, thats the problem. Didnt do the festivals this year, so Ive not seen them live :(

Drumcondra Red
29/07/2005, 3:39 PM
Saw them at oxegen this year, and tbh, before that I hated them, now I'm afraid I'm a bit of a fan! Only the 2nd band I'd seen all weekend too (Does the saw doctors count as a band???)

Babysis
29/07/2005, 3:49 PM
(Does the saw doctors count as a band???)

of course they do :p :D

Bosco
31/07/2005, 10:06 PM
Saw them at oxegen this year, and tbh, before that I hated them, now I'm afraid I'm a bit of a fan! Only the 2nd band I'd seen all weekend too (Does the saw doctors count as a band???)

Exact same here.Got thier album straight after oxegen.Didnt even know they existed before hand.The Sawdoctors made oxegen.........Tommy Kay the dj........remember that :D

Slash/ED
31/07/2005, 10:23 PM
Tommy! Kay!

Brilliant :D

Pat O' Banton
01/08/2005, 11:12 AM
Daisy Chainsaw? Isn't their singer now the singer for Queen Adreena (after having spent some time in an asylum)?

Not to sure what happened to her but she looked well on the way to the asylum in the mid 90's!

Pauro 76
01/08/2005, 5:19 PM
Yeah the albums a bit mixed, there's some great tracks on it, but tracks like Time Honoured Tradition wreck my head. Still decent enough though, but not worth all the hype...

Pauro 76
01/08/2005, 5:20 PM
and oh and the guy in the hat in their band, not sure why but he irritates the fook out of me.... :mad:

Drumcondra Red
01/08/2005, 6:32 PM
Exact same here.Got thier album straight after oxegen.Didnt even know they existed before hand.The Sawdoctors made oxegen.........Tommy Kay the dj........remember that :D

I knew of them alright, but I always thought the KC's singer looked like a spoilt fat kid tbh!

jorge
02/08/2005, 6:40 PM
I think their muck although their song 'I predict a riot' is'nt too bad.

pete
02/08/2005, 9:43 PM
I think their muck althoughtheir song 'I predict a riot' is'nt too bad.

From a Rovers fan. And to think we unfairly stereotype them ;) :D

EnDai
02/08/2005, 9:57 PM
Not to sure what happened to her but she looked well on the way to the asylum in the mid 90's!

Aye, it was her it seems! :) I liked what I heard of Daisy Chainsaw, though it was nothing special to say the least. After she got out, she set up/joined Queen Adreena who've just put out their third full length.

They're the only reason I wanted to see the Foo Fighters live a few years back (in the Olympia - Queen Adreena supported), but Pitchshifter were playing the same night on the Deviant tour! :D Apparently they/she were/was met with nothing more than ":eek:" from the crowd!

Aberdonian Stu
03/08/2005, 1:37 PM
I saw them performing I predict a riot and that Everyday I love you less and less song (Is that what it's called), them seemed to have a good sound.

Baker
04/08/2005, 3:50 PM
Ive really got into the album since oxegen, some very good tunes on it. They remind me of someone though (apart from madness) and I just cant put my finger on who.

They wont change the world or anything but they are well worth a listen.

Anto McC
10/08/2005, 8:40 PM
I started listening to some of thier songs today and WOW,it's good sh*t