PDA

View Full Version : Bus to Galway Game - Friday August 5. kick-off 7:45

garykelly
29/07/2005, 9:50 AM
There is a supporters bus going to the Galway game on Friday 5th of August 05. The game kicks-off at 7:30pm. The bus is departing from outside The Showgrounds at 4:30pm sharp. Pick-up's (en-route) can be pre-arranged if needed. Cost of the bus would be €15 depending on how many want to go. A full bus would make it €10 euro.

I realise this game is only a stone throw down the road and alot will travel by car, so I'd appreciate if numbers for a bus could be sorted as soon as possible. Credit to everyone who travelled on the bus to Dublin, it was a good trip despite some delays leaving Dublin. Good on ye lads.

sligoman
29/07/2005, 3:14 PM
There is a supporters bus going to the Galway game on Friday 4th of August 05

Friday is the 5th Gary :o :D

garykelly
29/07/2005, 3:22 PM
Friday is the 5th Gary :o :D

thanks sligoman

Patrick Dunne
30/07/2005, 5:22 PM
.. for the game in Terryland on Friday 5th.

Conor H
30/07/2005, 5:25 PM
.. for the game in Terryland on Friday 5th.
Bring it on!

sligoman
01/08/2005, 10:55 PM
Did you get enough bookings for the bus to definetely go Gary?

garykelly
02/08/2005, 2:08 PM
Did you get enough bookings for the bus to definetely go Gary?

sorry to have missed this. we need more bookings for the bus so if anyone is going can they let me know asap. cheers.

feo123
02/08/2005, 5:46 PM
can you book 2 seats for me and a friend.... thanks :)

feo123
04/08/2005, 7:41 PM
is the bus definately going??

sligoman
04/08/2005, 10:37 PM
is the bus definately going??

I dont know feo(I'm not getting my hopes yet anyway). It's been left til the last minute to notify people. I pm'd Gary yesterday but got no reply yet, what's happening? :confused:

jstuff
05/08/2005, 7:34 AM
Bus definetly going to the galway game, be at the showgrounds at 4.30pm today sharp. (btw today is the 05/08/05). This was announced on garys original message if you scroll up.

garykelly
05/08/2005, 10:57 AM
I dont know feo(I'm not getting my hopes yet anyway). It's been left til the last minute to notify people. I pm'd Gary yesterday but got no reply yet, what's happening? :confused:

dont appreciate the notion that its been left to the last minute. this bus was always going. Numbers arent an issue as long as people want the bus and dont mind paying a few quid extra for it. been very busy all week and its prob first week where trust has taken the back seat. the trust site lists the bus as confirmed and has done so since the friday after the dublin game.

my numbers is in the public domain and u all know my name so any queries shud be phoned or txt'd to me. i'm not online every day.

sligoman
05/08/2005, 11:34 AM
dont appreciate the notion that its been left to the last minute. this bus was always going. Numbers arent an issue as long as people want the bus and dont mind paying a few quid extra for it.

Sorry about that Gary, I thought numbers was always an issue and if there wasn't enough then I thought that it woudn't be going. Sorry! :o

garykelly
05/08/2005, 1:16 PM
Should have made more info available on the bus. The Monaghan game yielded a float that we held to cover bus costs that werent met in away games after that. So we could book buses and then numbers wouldnt be an issue until this float expired. The dublin game cost the trust €20 only from this float which was good but looks like the remainder will be used to travel tonight

So on the basis that there will be no float for the next bus, then it will go dependant on numbers until a float is established again and so on. If we make money on away trips we can then guarantee a bus. The trust cant guarantee a bus and then be in a situation where money is owed in the case where no float is available. Away travel is a very important thing for people who want to go to games. So hopefully we will be able to keep it going.

Even with only 4 trips to Athlone, Monaghan, Dublin, Galway, this year has seen more buses going to rovers away games than in the past 5,6 years.