PDA

View Full Version : Monaghan Friday

Lim till i die
28/07/2005, 2:42 PM
Just out of curiousity, theres still a game on tomorrow night right :confused:

Whats the story, is anyone actually going or are we all just staying on foot bickering, )which lets face it is probably more fun) :D

sadloserkid
28/07/2005, 8:49 PM
I think we're going to win this game. This will then be acclaimed as a sign that all is right in the world and those of you who have been so critical in the last few weeks will be put firmly in your place. :)

Westside
28/07/2005, 9:08 PM
I think we're going to win this game. This will then be acclaimed as a sign that all is right in the world and those of you who have been so critical in the last few weeks will be put firmly in your place. :)wouldn't be so sure of that, we're on a crap run as o late and Mons had a good win against the tribesmen last week.I hope we do but I think it will be a draw.......................Is Buckley eligible to play?????????

sadloserkid
28/07/2005, 9:19 PM
Is Buckley eligible to play?????????

I've been told that he is.

muls world
28/07/2005, 9:38 PM
Hope to get to my first Limerick league game this friday against Monaghan. What can one expect given the bad run of late as well as all the off field dramas/happenings?

declan hide
29/07/2005, 8:08 AM
[QUOTE=Westside]and Mons had a good win against the tribesmen last week.QUOTE]

that was tuesday night wasnt it? 2-0 win for mons. theyre big and physical and they made a go of it the last time out at hogan. that big blondy centre forward , while not being anythign special, was a handful. anyway i'm looking forward to the match, hangover and all. i woinder will danny put himself on the subs bench tonight? i heard hes been doing well in training. :D

clownboy
29/07/2005, 8:38 AM
that big blondy centre forward , while not being anythign special, was a handful. anyway i'm looking forward to the match, hangover and all.

David Lee or Alan is it??He is out for the season with a broken ankle

Clones Road Cas
29/07/2005, 3:54 PM
Phillip Hughes is back and in great form, our new Lithuanian should also pose you some problems. At 3 to 1 Monaghan are definitely worth a score in this game. Go on, bet against your own team - you know it makes sense

Westside
30/07/2005, 11:29 AM
Phillip Hughes is back and in great form, our new Lithuanian should also pose you some problems. At 3 to 1 Monaghan are definitely worth a score in this game. Go on, bet against your own team - you know it makes senseNever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are enough black clouds over us at the minute, don't need any of us fans putting a hex on the team eh, which brings me to the conclusion that no Lims Fc fans backed against us last night cause we won 2-1 :D :D :D The Late Late Late show.......phew thank God we've stopped the rot for now at least.

muls world
30/07/2005, 9:09 PM
Didnt see a lot of the 'long ball' last night, despite all that has being on this forum about same. Very impressed with Robbie up front. I have seen some bad refs in the past but this donkey really took the .....!!!! A very late show just like last Sat when Cobh poxed it, glad Kildare turned them over tonight

declan hide
02/08/2005, 9:19 AM
Mooney. Still doesn’t convince but not as shaky as earlier in the season. Stuck to his line. Average kicking. Great shot stopper though and made some important saves. 6 maybe a 7
Wolfe. Wild in a few first half challenges…didn’t have as much to do in 2nd half. 6
Molan. Did well. Would lack a bit of height (has a great leap though) and strength as a centre back especially against more physical strikers. 7
Finnucane. Usual good solid display. 8
Tobin. Strong and Played well and I’d keep him in the team at left back. 7
Keating. Totally out of position and suffered for it despite putting in 100%. 5
Sweeney. Outstanding. He was everywhere. Did all the things everyone on this board said he would do when we didn’t have him. 9
Barrett. Outshone by Sweeney in the middle but put in a decent display. 6
Kerins. How he gets a game beggars belief. Clueless. His Delivery at set pieces and corners was terrible. Embarrassed himself when he fell over the ball in a fantastic goal scoring position. It was mentioned to me that he was tipped as “one to watch” in an eircom league preview mag. Wha? And to think we could have Ross Cosgrave playing. 4
Nolan. Looks like another CP at times. While I welcome his goals he needs to do more and not leave it all up to Robbie. 6
Kelliher. Superb for nolans first goal. Lively. Worked hard. Needs to do the simple thing at times though – doesn’t have to beat players everytime. Had a couple of chances too. 7
(One thing about the 2 forwards. Drawn from the centre a lot leaving no-one in the box when the cross comes in. something they should watch between them.)

Sub: O’Mahony – determined and did well. Livened up the right hand side when he came on for a lost keating.

NOC – surely only a coincidence we won the game after he was sent form the dug out.  Shouting a lot more instructions/encouragement at the team than he did earlier on in the season which is a plus.

Aidan Ryan – took over from NOC and gets quote of the night….“lets get proactive rather than reactive”….Donald Trump wha?

Danny Drew – the way he reacted when NOC was sent off….(when someone told him what happened!!)…roaring at the 4th official…blood vessels about to burst…priceless. Calm down danny…these things happen in football.

Overall: The football was better. (Sweeney was largely responsible for this) Liked the way the fans applauded the team at the end and the team walked towards the fans and applauded back. Felt surreal – like we had come close to winning something and just missed out…or maybe I was still just hungover. I’d like to see some more text added to the programme. Has Brian O Brien been asked? He complied great articles for last seasons programme. And for god sake will you take the pen picture of Derek McCarthy out of it and stop rubbing our noses in it.

muls world
02/08/2005, 8:17 PM
Mooney- First impression wasnt convincing, flapped at a cross from left early on, very good point blank save late in second half though with Mons putting the rebound over. A bit of a poser. 6

Wolfe. Not composed in opening 45 but improved after break.5

Molan. Very committed and decisive. 7.5

Finucane. Solid enough but for a big lad tends to be pushed off ball at times. Haircut urgently required.7

Tobin. Wasnt sure about him at No.3 but he did impress, especially going forward when we had to chase the game late on. Havent seen McCauley play yet but couldnt fault Tobin. 7.5

Keating. Uninfluencial for long spells and as had being said on forum was played out of position. 5.

Sweeney. Very impressed and definately added a touch of class. Cant fault the rating of 9 given by declan hide

Barrett. Ok performance but has the talent to give improved displays. 5

Kerins. Very poor despite glimpses of skill in opening ten minutes. Lost count the number of times he took some woeful corners from both flanks. Surely will be dropped any time soon.......? 3

Nolan. Could have done much better though first goal was well taken as well as a cheekily taken penalty (did he place ball in correct spot, lookked like it was in a hole) 7. (for his two goals)

Kelliher. Brilliant. Had the Mons defence at sixes and sevens through with his no nonsense direct style 8

Sub: O’Mahony – I like his attitude but should have being introduced early on for Kerins

Padraig Sutton...da so called ref... wouldnt put him in charge of donkeys. That foul on Robbie was scandalous as was the decision not to give a blatent penalty. Also the Mons No.3 should have being booked for diving inside the box after only five minutes. Rating -10

NOC – Surely he wont stick with Kerins again.

Overall: Good atmosphere. Will be back Friday for Kilkenny game.
P.S. Whats latest fron Athlone game, still leading through Nolans 24th min pen?