PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Galway United vs Athlone Town

Terry
28/07/2005, 8:32 AM
United play their second game of the week when neighbours Athlone Town visit Terryland Park on Thursday night. David O'Dowd has recovered from an ankle knock but Derek O'Brien has a hamstring problem. New signing from Mervue United, Alan O'Donovan, could be in line for his Terryland debut....

www.galwayunitedfc.ie

A face
28/07/2005, 2:11 PM
Preview: Galway United vs Athlone Town

Galway United and Athlone Town meet at Terryland Park tonight and while Athlone are out of form and lost their last five, Galway face their second game in 48 hours after a loss to Monaghan on Tuesday.

Galway United vs Athlone Town
(Terryland Park - 7:30 pm - Division 1)
Referee: Mark Gough

Galway are trying to halt a run that has seen them lose their last two. Alan O'Donovan could feature after signing from Mervue United but Derek O'Brien is an injury doubt. David O'Dowd should return from injury.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3290)

Eire06
28/07/2005, 2:27 PM
Would be at 7.30 wouldn't it..
not a hope of me getting in with the traffic at the races :mad:

Fr. Jessop
28/07/2005, 9:37 PM
New signing from Mervue United, Alan O'Donovan, could be in line for his Terryland debut....

www.galwayunitedfc.ie

Alan O'Donovan scored a great goal despite the deflection! , he did great to see the chance. It was the only proper goal with the 2 teams getting a dodgy penalty each. Does anyone know if he is alright after getting injured???

Aaron GUFC
29/07/2005, 1:20 AM
...O'Donavan was clearly delighted with his strike against Athlone. We did win in the end but I think it was a poor show on our behalf as Athlone fielded one of their worst teams in a long time in my opinion. We should of had more goals and Alan almost scored a screamer fom around 25 yards on the volley....but his effort crashed off of the post :( Hopefully we can get our act together and get a win against 'the on-form team in the first division'.....Kilkenny City ;) Whats new Pussy cats? oooohhh oh oh... :D