PDA

View Full Version : Artmedia Bratilavia

Pages : [1] 2

barglee
28/07/2005, 1:00 PM
what a great result for them 5-0 !
i thought it was their oppositions(cant remember their name ) worst performance ive ever see.

if the young irish lad playing for them, who came on, had scored from an open goal it could have been so different. i wonder is there any chance Bratislava will throw away this lead - do "what ever their name is" have any chance of coming back from 5-0 down ?????

Aldini98
28/07/2005, 3:29 PM
i thought it was their oppositions(cant remember their name ) worst performance ive ever see.

if the young irish lad playing for them, who came on, had scored from an open goal it could have been so different. i wonder is there any chance Bratislava will throw away this lead - do "what ever their name is" have any chance of coming back from 5-0 down ?????

Why have all the Keltic threads been moved to the Rubbish area? Is it that we cant talk about last nights display.

(BTW your signature just reminded me of how much I hate George Hamilton - thanks)

barglee
28/07/2005, 3:37 PM
i love george hamilton !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont think were allowed talk about SPL but surely we can talk about Artmedia Bratilslava and their match last night.

Did you see the the 2 center backs they were up against.
The french guy was absolutely useless.
i think the little red haired manager they have isnt gonna last too long.

must go down as worst start to managerial career.

barglee
28/07/2005, 4:07 PM
you cud replace whatever teams want to leave it to join the Premiership !

Bratislava cud still lose this (i.e. the other team win it :) ) if the the opposition have good crowd behind them and maybe get an early goal or two afterwhich Brats get nervous....

not impossible.......

finn
28/07/2005, 4:19 PM
Why have all the Keltic threads been moved to the Rubbish area? Is it that we cant talk about last nights display.

(BTW your signature just reminded me of how much I hate George Hamilton - thanks)
this thread (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=260683&postcount=6) may provide some info

for one I agree

P

eirebhoy
28/07/2005, 4:29 PM
Why have all the Keltic threads been moved to the Rubbish area?
Because the site admin (dahamsta) is a Celtíc supporter and seems to be really píssed off after last night's performance.

Junior
28/07/2005, 4:33 PM
Did you see the the 2 center backs they were up against.
The french guy was absolutely useless.

I believe he's Guinean though born in France.

Don't mention it............

superfrank
28/07/2005, 7:07 PM
Because the site admin (dahamsta) is a Celtíc supporter and seems to be really píssed off after last night's performance.
It's because arguments always erupt over that team.

Gerrit
28/07/2005, 8:38 PM
Great result. The fact that a minnow can still beat a giant pleases me a lot, if that giant is named Cel-tic, Rangers, Man Utd, Bayern Munich or whatever doesn't make a difference.

I am most pleased however that a Luxembourg team made the second stage for the first time in 42 years ; always liked the Luxembourg football a lot.

TheJamaicanP.M.
28/07/2005, 9:08 PM

Brilliant! I'd like to see him throw that in the rubbish! :D

Dyl10
29/07/2005, 12:30 AM

Seems to be suffering from amnesia!!! :D :D

Hibs4Ever
29/07/2005, 6:25 AM
Definitely my favourite Artmedia Bratislava match EVER :D :D

barglee
29/07/2005, 8:55 AM
id say it was my worst !!!!

what a costly game it is for the loser.
no uefa cup either.
loss of bout 10 million ?????

i always think people are bit presumptious bout CL i.e. people saying Robbie Keane should join "That team Brats just beat 5-0" for CL football etc.....

still praying Brats fall apart and go out in second leg.

Duncan Gardner
30/07/2005, 10:47 AM
I am most pleased however that a Luxembourg team made the second stage for the first time in 42 years ; always liked the Luxembourg football a lot

Hear hear. I've never watched any footie in the Grand Duchy- any recommendations?

Older readers may remember Chelsea thrashing one Jeunesse Hautcharage 21-0 in 1971- before losing to some Swedish part-timers in the second round :)

adamd164
30/07/2005, 6:07 PM
as an Artmedia Bratilavia diehard I was delighted with our 5-0 drubbing of C*ltic. :ball:

Closed Account 2
30/07/2005, 6:49 PM
Such a die hard fan you cant even spell Bratislava ? Still, its not like its a european capital city or anything is it ?

Tony Montana
31/07/2005, 11:18 PM
Just reminded me I need to get my Bratislava season ticket...

barglee
01/08/2005, 6:57 PM
4-4 v motherwell !!!!!!!!!!

what the heck is wrong with the defence?
anyone see Brats nexts opponents domestic league game over the weekend?

4goals scored- Brats could be in trouble!!!!!

ciaran76
02/08/2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone know what the odds are like for Celtic to win 6-0 ? :confused:

Can't look up betting sites here in work :mad:

Hibs4Ever
02/08/2005, 12:36 PM
Anyone know what the odds are like for Celtic to win 6-0 ? :confused:

Can't look up betting sites here in work :mad:

16/1 I think, rubbish odds, should be around 100/1

The lad that got the hat trick last week is 8/1 to score 1st, I've got a fiver on that one ;)

ciaran76
02/08/2005, 12:47 PM
16/1 I think, rubbish odds, should be around 100/1

The lad that got the hat trick last week is 8/1 to score 1st, I've got a fiver on that one ;)

16/1 i was expecting alot higher to be honest.
Thanks for that :)

Good luck with your bet ;)

Hibs4Ever
02/08/2005, 12:50 PM
16/1 i was expecting alot higher to be honest.
Thanks for that :)

Good luck with your bet ;)

By the way, I can't get onto bookies pages either, but I go onto www.rte.ie/aertel and the to the bookies pages on 280

ciaran76
02/08/2005, 1:07 PM
By the way, I can't get onto bookies pages either, but I go onto www.rte.ie/aertel and the to the bookies pages on 280

Thanks for that.
Also just spoke to my mate there and he got Celtic to win 6-0 @ 33-1 in Ladbrooks in Mulhudart ;) .

barglee
02/08/2005, 1:30 PM
28-1 on skybet.com

hard one to call.
would be some comeback if Brats lost this one.
Brats are 9-1 to win game outright..............
funny that considering they won 5-0 against same team six days ago

pete
02/08/2005, 2:22 PM
Only 22/1 on Paddypower for 6-0.

Should be a lot more if they expecting a team to keep clean sheet after conceding 9 goals in 2 games.

barglee
02/08/2005, 3:53 PM
is the match on T.V. ?

I reckon Celtic(i believe we're allowed use the word now) to win by more than 3 goals.
by the sounds of things alot of people here will be going for Brats....

and i thought everyone in Ireland would be behind the lads wearing green hoops!

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 5:07 PM
Calling them Bratislava is like calling Manchester City simply Manchester. All you fans of Artmedia Petržalka as they are also known being the experts on Slovak football you are would be aware that Bratislava, the Slovakian capital has other football teams like Inter Bratislava and Slovan Bratislava (8 times winners of the Czechoslovak league but are currently plying their trade in the 2nd flight). :rolleyes:

No club has ever overturned a 5 goal deficit in European history. One cannot see it being likely to happen given Celtic's current defence. However they did prove they are capable of scoring goals at the weekend against Motherwell. A few early goals and Artmedia may collapse a la Longford Town. The only reason the odds are so short on a 6-0 is because Celtic require it and no less really, though a 5-0 would take it to extra time. Improbable but not impossible.

superfrank
02/08/2005, 5:13 PM
Calling them Bratislava is like calling Manchester City simply Manchester. All you fans of Artmedia Petržalka as they are also known being the experts on Slovak football you are would be aware that Bratislava, the Slovakian capital has other football teams like Inter Bratislava and Slovan Bratislava (8 times winners of the Czechoslovak league but are currently plying their trade in the 2nd flight). :rolleyes:

No club has ever overturned a 5 goal deficit in European history. One cannot see it being likely to happen given Celtic's current defence. However they did prove they are capable of scoring goals at the weekend against Motherwell. A few early goals and Artmedia may collapse a la Longford Town. The only reason the odds are so short on a 6-0 is because Celtic require it and no less really, though a 5-0 would take it to extra time. Improbable but not impossible.
Is this the Czechoslovakian league which existed when there was one country under Communist rule? Or is it the league in modern-day Slovakia? Just curious.

superfrank
02/08/2005, 5:14 PM
is the match on T.V. ?

I reckon Celtic(i believe we're allowed use the word now) to win by more than 3 goals.
by the sounds of things alot of people here will be going for Brats....

Don't get me started..... :mad:

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 5:17 PM
Is this the Czechoslovakian league which existed when there was one country under Communist rule? Or is it the league in modern-day Slovakia? Just curious.

I meant the former but coincidence would have it they've won both 8 times. Also the Cup Winners Cup in 1969.

superfrank
02/08/2005, 5:21 PM
Eight times in about 13-15 years(?) is not bad! Were Slovan one of the state-controlled teams? I know there was one in the modern-day Czech Republic but I can't remember their name. Lubo Moravcik played for them in the early nineties?

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 5:29 PM
I know Moravcik played for FC Nitra some relatively small town club in Slovakia. I think he from straight from them to St. Etienne after a few years at Nitra.

I couldn't tell you who were the state club there as it were. I'd imagine Sparta Prague though? Generally these clubs were always from the capital. Could have been Slovan though. I have no idea how they have found themselves in the 2nd flight.

Schumi
02/08/2005, 6:01 PM
:rolleyes: And people wonder why Scottish discussions are banned.

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 7:09 PM
Celtic 1 Artmedia 0. Thompson peno. 20 mins or so gone.

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 7:32 PM
2-0. Hartson scored at the death of the 1st half.

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 7:57 PM
3-0. McManus. 35 mins left.

holidaysong
02/08/2005, 8:04 PM
They will never do it...Will they? :eek:

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 8:06 PM
They will never do it...Will they? :eek:

If my girlfriend's guess at Slovakian is right they're all over them. Nearly scored a 4th as I type.

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 8:11 PM
The game seems to have gone flat. The Slovaks might be able to kill it. Just about anyone should be able to see out the kind of lead they had.

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 8:24 PM
4-0. Craig Beattie. 10 mins to go. Who knows? Commentator is devestated.

Poor Student
02/08/2005, 8:36 PM
It's over. 5-4 on agg. 4-0 on the night.

4tothefloor
02/08/2005, 9:27 PM
Celtic played very well, missed Sutton badly in the end. I was going to bet on them winning 4-0 today....... :o That McGeady miss cost them the tie really. Good game, watched most of it on BBC2 Scotland as the Liverpool game was a non contest.

ciaran76
03/08/2005, 7:44 AM
Does anyone know why Celtic had no sponser (Carling) on their jersey in the 1st half and in the 2nd half all jerseys had their sponser on it ? :confused:

I got 2 texts lasy night from people asking the same thing but I missed the start of the game so did not hear if there was any reason for it ?

Hibs4Ever
03/08/2005, 7:49 AM
Another great night :)

Well done Artmedia :D :D

barglee
03/08/2005, 2:15 PM
fair dues to celtic.
played well and were close to an amazing comeback.

how important that fifth goal in bratislavia ended up being.......

performance should be enough to hold off WGS's critics for the time being.
all could be forgotten on 20th August !

monutdfc
03/08/2005, 2:23 PM
Does anyone know why Celtic had no sponser (Carling) on their jersey in the 1st half and in the 2nd half all jerseys had their sponser on it ? :confused:

I got 2 texts lasy night from people asking the same thing but I missed the start of the game so did not hear if there was any reason for it ?

I noticed they had no sponsor on their shirts, but didn't notice they did in the 2nd half :eek:
I remember some mess-up with Spurs in the 1987 FA Cup final, where half the team had the sponsor's logo on their shirts and half didn't.
I thought Celtic were going to do it last night - Artmedia gave them an incredible amount of space. Didn't see the first leg but I bet McGeady's feeling lousy

pete
03/08/2005, 2:38 PM
I didn't watch either game but i think Strachan made serious tactical erro when 0-2 in away leg by changing to 3 attackers. Clearly lack of European experience.

NeilMcD
03/08/2005, 3:03 PM
I think last night matched showed how much of a terrible performance the first game was. Bratislava were worse than average and Celtic who are average should have beaten them over two legs but terrible defending and poor finishing cost them.

Poor Student
03/08/2005, 3:04 PM
I didn't watch either game but i think Strachan made serious tactical erro when 0-2 in away leg by changing to 3 attackers. Clearly lack of European experience.

I hate the panic appraoch of throwing on extra strikers to the detriment of team shape and fluidity. Anyone remember in Ireland v Holland in Landsdowne when McAteer scored the winner with 10 men where Holland finished the game with 4 strikers? They had lost all shape and it gave them less of a chance than 4-4-2.

monutdfc
03/08/2005, 3:25 PM
Agree.
That Holland team became comical, with van Hoijdonk (spell?) ending up on the right wing

Almost as bad is the notion of taking off a striker and putting on a midfielder to "close out a game". All it does is invite the opposition on to you. Fails as often as it works, as both Brian Kerr and Mick McCarthy have learned