PDA

View Full Version : The end of the IRA

Pages : 1 [2]

1 9 2 8
30/07/2005, 12:29 PM
35 years too late.

The recognition by the PIRA of the futility of their 'military' campaign has vindicated the long held position of the Workers Party, to those of Cathal Goulding and to our party comrades who gave their lives for the ideals of Class politics & peace.

The PIRA must now live up to its promises and fully disarm and enter constitutional politics and channel their politicies through peaceful means.

If only they had the foresight in 1972, thousands of lives would have been saved.
It's easy known that your family wasn't burned out of their home in the 1970's

Condex
30/07/2005, 3:03 PM
aye, cheers for the bloodbaths, the gutless murders, the human bombs, the disappeared, the intimidation, the racketeering, the criminality, the loss of jobs, the ghetto-isation, the fear, the maimings, the "justice", the ethnic cleansing, the oxygen for extremism to thrive, the destruction of any intergration that existed before your campaign.
aye, thanks a fkn bunch.
now away and rot in hell and be so ashamed of your actions that you'll never raise your heads again.

Agree with a lot you write, but would doubt that this is the end of their activities. You don't turn from a criminal to law abiding citizen over night, also
anything Adams & Co says should be taken with a pinch of salt...

Da Real Rover
30/07/2005, 6:30 PM
the loss of jobs,the oxygen for extremism to thrive, the destruction of any intergration that existed before your campaign.
aye, thanks a fkn bunch.

Are you fu[kin serious ?? integration your havin a larf, i dont give a sh!t what spin is put on events but NI was no different to aparthied in South Africa all through to the 80s. They call the IRA scum while the government there had institutionalised terrorism. Not just my opinion but a fact that not only did the RUC stand idly by while Catholics were burned out of there homes in Belfast in the Pogroms but the actually took part in the Pogroms. The IRA are far from perfect and just but there is a very, very thin line between what they did and the Unionist controlled government did. Dont forget the lives they did save from the ravishings of the Loyalists and the RUC. One more thing how come people have so much esteem for Mandela and his 'terrorists' but yet have only curses to throw at the IRA, please inform me of the difference.

-lamb-
30/07/2005, 6:42 PM
Are you fu[kin serious ??

did i give the tone that i was joking?
some of you people need to come out of the nice propoganda dreamworld you've been talked into living in and get a grip on reality.
if you don't believe catholics and protestants lived side by side with very little hassle before the troubles then go ask someone older who remembers.
apart from some very few areas they did exactly that.

you're starting back on a reply of "but what about THEM" variety. i never once mentioned anyone but the topic of the thread - the IRA, but just for you i will:
from me to the loyalist murderers-
"aye, cheers for the bloodbaths, the gutless murders, the human bombs, the disappeared, the intimidation, the racketeering, the criminality, the loss of jobs, the ghetto-isation, the fear, the maimings, the "justice", the ethnic cleansing, the oxygen for extremism to thrive, the destruction of any intergration that existed before your campaign.
aye, thanks a fkn bunch.
now away and rot in hell and be so ashamed of your actions that you'll never raise your heads again."
happy now? i've said exactly the same about each set of co*ks. one bunch of scum is no better than another bunch of scum. wise up and have a look without the green tints on this time.
quit with the apologistic pussyfooting around and call a lowlife murderer a lowlife murderer.

Da Real Rover
31/07/2005, 9:41 AM
did i give the tone that i was joking?
some of you people need to come out of the nice propoganda dreamworld you've been talked into living in and get a grip on reality.
if you don't believe catholics and protestants lived side by side with very little hassle before the troubles then go ask someone older who remembers.
apart from some very few areas they did exactly that.

happy now? i've said exactly the same about each set of co*ks. one bunch of scum is no better than another bunch of scum. wise up and have a look without the green tints on this time.
quit with the apologistic pussyfooting around and call a lowlife murderer a lowlife murderer.
Are you saying burnings and lynchings and pogroms is integration. There was segragation there ever sence the 20s and it was institutionalised. The Unionist controlled government there has as much to answer for as the IRA and the UDA, UVF etc. I appreciate that you see them all in the same light. Some people do not understand that the Nationalists in the North wanted the IRA, they wer there protectors and the only threat they had against the scum that ruled NI. Its only a certain environment that breeths terrorists. I said it before that the IRA are not perfect and have committed some henious attrocities in there time but the Catholics in NI today would still be second class citizens today if the Nationalists parties did not have leverage against the Unionists. The Unionists are as pig headed as they get and so are there followers as demonstrated by the Sunnigdale agreement. If it was not for outside intervention because of the IRAs actions it would still be the same as 300 years ago, the funny thing is that no one in England gave a sh!te while it was the Catholics that wer being persecuted. And if your thinking that im just spewing out the classic Republican bull, we'll i aint. I formed these opinions on my own from what i read, heard and saw.

dortie
31/07/2005, 10:08 AM
35 years too late.

The recognition by the PIRA of the futility of their 'military' campaign has vindicated the long held position of the Workers Party, to those of Cathal Goulding and to our party comrades who gave their lives for the ideals of Class politics & peace.

The PIRA must now live up to its promises and fully disarm and enter constitutional politics and channel their politicies through peaceful means.

If only they had the foresight in 1972, thousands of lives would have been saved.

The Provisional movement are doing exactly what your political idols done over 30 years ago (and what FF did long before that), tell us all how successful the Workers Party or FF have been over the past 30 years in securing Irish Unity ? We all know the answer..A FAILURE.

This anouncement is simply history repeating itself. The Northern problem will not disapear. The UVF or UFF also have no intentions of surrendering.