PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda v UCD August 1st 17::00

sbgawa
01/08/2022, 9:21 AM
Ucd must be targeting this as a chance to get above Harps but Drogs sre a decent team nearer to getting in amongst Shels/bohs/sligo then the bottom.

Shinkicker
01/08/2022, 9:49 AM
Ucd must be targeting this as a chance to get above Harps but Drogs sre a decent team nearer to getting in amongst Shels/bohs/sligo then the bottom.Drogs are safe but are more than capable of beating one or two of the four ahead of them. UCD have been playing well and have been stubborn opposition to some of the higher placed teams. It'll be a tight one tonight.

mackend6
01/08/2022, 11:36 AM
Wonder how the legs will be given the weather and we had a game Friday?
UCD, Harps, Shels our next three games - all very winnable.

joey B
01/08/2022, 12:00 PM
Drogheda have only the cup to worry about now really,they’re not going to drop any lower and unlikely to finish much higher,could see UCD getting a result….

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 12:03 PM
Feeling really confident the students will be in the play offs, in a normal year would be adrift on the current poijnts tally, but Harps are a gift that keep giving. Tonight is defo one where we will be targeting points.

pineapple stu
01/08/2022, 1:55 PM
Probably our two worst performances of the season - 7-1 in Derry aside - were in both Drogheda games. While we absolutely can be as bad against them again, I'd be hopeful of picking up a point.

Not exactly high ambition to be hopeful of a point in Drogheda, but here we are

SeanDrog
01/08/2022, 2:16 PM
Probably our two worst performances of the season - 7-1 in Derry aside - were in both Drogheda games. While we absolutely can be as bad against them again, I'd be hopeful of picking up a point.

Not exactly high ambition to be hopeful of a point in Drogheda, but here we are

Since we started to feel a bit safer in the table I think our football has improved and I do think we will finish the season stronger than we started it. UCD will be an interesting game to see if we have kicked on from the last time we played them (we were so laborious in that match). Looking forward to the evening kick off.

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 4:05 PM
Drogs lead after 3 minutes, dear holy man above

joey B
01/08/2022, 4:11 PM
Very easy for Drogheda that goal....

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 4:23 PM
Well, you reap what you sow. This team isn't a team in any sense of the word. Fluked a win up in Sligo. Won't be long now and Myler will start on the officials. Myker out, he's destroying the very fabric of UCD and what it stands for

joey B
01/08/2022, 4:39 PM
UCD could easily be level or further behind here,decent save from McCabe there...

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 4:41 PM
Yeah, coming back into it, but could as easy be three down

joey B
01/08/2022, 4:50 PM
UCD level and good value for it,awful defending from Drogheda aswell tbf....

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 4:50 PM
Well there we are, level at the break, and Lonergan is a real handful, shame he won't be with us next season

2 Year Contract
01/08/2022, 4:53 PM
Well there we are, level at the break, and Lonergan is a real handful, shame he won't be with us next season

Why is that do you know? Pat's wanted to keep him this season but he opted to join UCD to do a specific course there, any reason why he’d be off as early as next season?

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 4:55 PM
Pats didn't try very hard to keep him at all, and I hear the whole story of a particular course at UCD is a story spun by Pats. Loads of interest, and unlikely to be studying at UCD.

joey B
01/08/2022, 5:14 PM
UCD playing all the football now and should be ahead,hit the post there...

Guitd
01/08/2022, 5:23 PM
What’s with all the green circles in United park look brutal

joey B
01/08/2022, 5:28 PM
I think it’s some kind of turf disease,been there a couple of seasons....

2 Year Contract
01/08/2022, 5:38 PM
Pats didn't try very hard to keep him at all, and I hear the whole story of a particular course at UCD is a story spun by Pats. Loads of interest, and unlikely to be studying at UCD.

Ah ok, makes sense if he’s not studying there I suppose although I thought that was the UCD model that players had to be doing a course there no?

I hadn’t heard anything from Clancy/Pats in interviews about Lonergan at all, it was actually Conan Byrne on commentary of a match or on twitter (can’t remember which) that I heard Pats had tried to keep him

2 Year Contract
01/08/2022, 5:46 PM
Just noticed that Drogs are wearing their home kit with sky blue sleeves today against UCD's away kit which also has sky blue sleeves.

Meanwhile stupid kit changes have been forced this season when Pats play at home to Bohs and home/away against Dundak over the supposed issue of white sleeves on both teams jerseys. The mind continues to boggle with LOI refs!

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 5:57 PM
That's a useful point, and it will still all boil down to the two head to heads v Haros, which I expect we will get something out of. Play off very much within reach now

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 6:00 PM
Ah ok, makes sense if he’s not studying there I suppose although I thought that was the UCD model that players had to be doing a course there no?

I hadn’t heard anything from Clancy/Pats in interviews about Lonergan at all, it was actually Conan Byrne on commentary of a match or on twitter (can’t remember which) that I heard Pats had tried to keep him
I had heard Conan Byrne saying that alright. No the model has changed at UCD. At the start of this season, I think close to half the squad were not current students.

mackend6
01/08/2022, 6:08 PM
Started both halves strong but dropped the levels and ultimately we could have won or could have lost. All in all another point on the board.

Daragh Markey the best player on the pitch.

pineapple stu
01/08/2022, 6:15 PM
Happy out with that. Not the worst game of ball ever. Also good that Lonergan managed to talk the ref into rescinding the red card at the end. Not the ref's finest hour to send a guy off for two yellows and then realise he hadn't booked him.

Harps at home next is a huge game in the race to lose the playoff final. Last time we played then, we went into the game seven points behind; now we're a point ahead, but haven't won at home all season

SeanDrog
01/08/2022, 6:15 PM
Started both halves strong but dropped the levels and ultimately we could have won or could have lost. All in all another point on the board.

Daragh Markey the best player on the pitch.

You know I’m torn .. 2pts dropped or a point life line to UCD that may see them stay up and have them as number 1 to go down next season rather than a cash rich Galway coming up (as an example) - only time will tell …

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 6:22 PM
Happy out with that. Not the worst game of ball ever. Also good that Lonergan managed to talk the ref into rescinding the red card at the end. Not the ref's finest hour to send a guy off for two yellows and then realise he hadn't booked him.

Harps at home next is a huge game in the race to lose the playoff final. Last time we played then, we went into the game seven points behind; now we're a point ahead, but haven't won at home all season I'm far from sure we will lose the play off final Stu, admittedly if its Galway, I think we are done, but Galway have own their play off chances two seasons running before the final, and could easily do it again, which would leave Waterford, Treaty, Longford as the likely beneficiaries, and I'd well fancy our chances against any of them.

pineapple stu
01/08/2022, 6:29 PM
Waterford seem to have copped onto themselves this season - would you be confident against them?

Treaty or Longford - yeah, that wouldn't be bad, though you're relying on Galway screwing up again. It'd be funny if they messed up again, but...

oriel
01/08/2022, 6:48 PM
Just noticed that Drogs are wearing their home kit with sky blue sleeves today against UCD's away kit which also has sky blue sleeves.

Meanwhile stupid kit changes have been forced this season when Pats play at home to Bohs and home/away against Dundalk over the supposed issue of white sleeves on both teams jerseys. The mind continues to boggle with LOI refs!

Worse, both Pats (mostly white top) and Dundalk (all red) played in changed strip for the league game in Richmond Park in mid July!

Actually come to think of it for the previous game in oriel park, Pats also wore their same white top, while Dundalk wore Amber / Black stripes.

There was also a time from around 2009 onwards when refs wouldn't allow Bohs to wear black shorts in oriel park, they changed to white, which looked cool actually, but that seems to have been dropped, same for Derry when visiting if they play first kit, so there is no logic in any of these changes 10 years or more later.

The Bowler
01/08/2022, 7:21 PM
Waterford seem to have copped onto themselves this season - would you be confident against them?

Treaty or Longford - yeah, that wouldn't be bad, though you're relying on Galway screwing up again. It'd be funny if they messed up again, but... It would be funny for sure if Galway blew it again, full time, paying big money etc.. Re Waterford, I wouldn't be confident, but many a false dawn there, one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that. Lets see how they finish out the season. Longford are muck and Treaty workmanlike at best. Long way to go either way

Nah Nah Nah Nah
01/08/2022, 8:13 PM
Wexford will beat the lot of them

2 Year Contract
01/08/2022, 10:49 PM
Worse, both Pats (mostly white top) and Dundalk (all red) played in changed strip for the league game in Richmond Park in mid July!

Actually come to think of it for the previous game in oriel park, Pats also wore their same white top, while Dundalk wore Amber / Black stripes.

There was also a time from around 2009 onwards when refs wouldn't allow Bohs to wear black shorts in oriel park, they changed to white, which looked cool actually, but that seems to have been dropped, same for Derry when visiting if they play first kit, so there is no logic in any of these changes 10 years or more later.

Just to make it make even less sense, Pats have been allowed to wear an all white goalkeeper jersey even when they wear the home jersey, including in that game in Oriel with saw Dundalk change to the black/orange due to a supposed white on white sleeve clash :D

https://www.sportsfile.com/id/2246555/

brendy_éire
02/08/2022, 11:18 AM
You know I’m torn .. 2pts dropped or a point life line to UCD that may see them stay up and have them as number 1 to go down next season rather than a cash rich Galway coming up (as an example) - only time will tell …

I enjoy this calculated, longer-term fatalism. Even if I don't necessarily think Drogs are destined to struggle next season.