PDA

View Full Version : how should it all end

soccerhead
30/03/2002, 10:19 PM
how should this contraversial to say the least season be decided???

1) two game play off between Pats and Shels, winners go to champs lge whereas loser finish below rovers in the intertoto.

2) Shels be given the title.

3) Pats being reinstated with all 15 points

4) other

Éanna
31/03/2002, 1:05 PM
Hopefully Pats can finish above rovers and then have the playoff which would be probably be the quickest solution to the whole sorry mess. I don't think there's any fair solution though

joe
31/03/2002, 2:41 PM
i went with 'other' - perhaps they could toss a coin to decide it, or maybe a game of paper, rock, scissors?

Gary
31/03/2002, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Hopefully Pats can finish above rovers and then have the playoff which would be probably be the quickest solution to the whole sorry mess. I don't think there's any fair solution though

Fcuk sake Eanna, will you please realise that ]Pats broke the f**king rules and do not deserve to be in the title shake up. .

Jeez, Id prefer that Shams win the sh*gging thing. At least they were 'honest' all season. Pats should be made an example of and be relegated. once was a joke, twive is farcial. And if there is a play off, itll make it okay for teams to break the rules.

PATS OUT!!!

James
31/03/2002, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by joe
, or maybe a game of paper, rock, scissors?
ah i love that game

i'd chose scissors anyway if we were playing :)

Neil
01/04/2002, 10:07 AM
'OTHER' - Throw the ****ers into the First Division. They broke the rules and have brought the League into disrepute.

pete
01/04/2002, 3:42 PM
Playoff is a complete joke.

Why would Shels risk ending up in the inter-toto? If had playoff between pats & shels for the tile would need another playoff with rovers & the loser for 2nd place.

Pats broke the rules however minor. The rule was changed by the clubs last season so that points had to be deducted so Dolan should just be gald he still in the Premier division.

Ollie Byrne may not be liked but he fights his own corner something i'm sure most directors would do for their own club.

James
01/04/2002, 3:51 PM
other definately

check all registraions and deduct points from all guilty clubs in all instances of improper registration.
the punishment then is equal across the board and if it means fcuking galway or monaghan win the league simply because they have registered all their players properly then so be it..

its been a farce of season , watching it as a moreso then usual detached ccfc supporter, and i for 1 dont want to go through again or even remember, such were the multitude of problems.. but
if this is what it takes to teach club that they can no longer get away with slip-ups and carelessness like this and that the FAI really need to kop the fcuk on and look beyond the national team then so be it..

check everyone and inforce the rules to the letter

i mean if thats whats written in the rulebook then why the hell is there so much of a fuss with the punishment.. no i aint questioning the sanity or harshness of these rules.. simply that they were agreed to at the start of the season, so they should be followed for that season..to the letter..

soccerhead
01/04/2002, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GWA
[B]

Pats broke the f**king rules and do not deserve to be in the title shake up. .

Thats it in a F##king nutshell!!

Jim Smith
01/04/2002, 11:53 PM
we should simply change the calender and pretend that this whole season never happened. Play-off? Yes that would be great. Sort everything with a nod and a wink and make a bit of money on the side

Éanna
02/04/2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by James
check everyone and inforce the rules to the letter

exactly my point. thats why I'm saying that if others are guilty they should be punished, and Pats deserve the chance to investigate that before people start screaming for them to be relegated-which is no-where in the rules anyway AFAIK.