PDA

View Full Version : Aidan Lynch

Roo69
27/07/2005, 4:00 PM
DUBLIN CITY FC have added eircom League Premier Division UCD's Aidan Lynch to the club's first team squad and he goes straight into the panel for Thursday night's top of the table clash with Sligo Rovers at Richmond Park (7:45pm). More (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=15232&viewstory=yes)

Schumi
27/07/2005, 4:05 PM
He didn't stay long did he? :eek:

Roo69
27/07/2005, 4:17 PM
He didn't stay long did he? :eek:

Did'nt do much either ! and to think we were on the verge of signing him, thank god !

Poor Student
27/07/2005, 4:38 PM
What the? Don't we need him? :confused:

student
28/07/2005, 11:50 AM
was he being paid at UCD? I'm just suprised you would let him go cause he's a good experienced player, and great back up to have.

DC released Pat Deans during the week, so Lynch is an obvious replacement for him.

CollegeTillIDie
03/08/2005, 11:36 PM
Sorry to see Aido leave. He has always been a willing participant in the Soccer Camps run by the club even when he left to play for Drogheda.

pineapple stu
04/08/2005, 6:51 PM
Just on Aidan - someone (Schumi?) in the other thread said that Lynch was playing for free and effectively just keeping match fitness until someone signed him. Does the fact that he's only gone on loan mean that we're looking at signing him on proper terms next season? I'd imagine that, as an amateur, he could have signed for DC for free, which would negate the point of signing him on loan?

CollegeTillIDie
04/08/2005, 8:15 PM
Just on Aidan - someone (Schumi?) in the other thread said that Lynch was playing for free and effectively just keeping match fitness until someone signed him. Does the fact that he's only gone on loan mean that we're looking at signing him on proper terms next season? I'd imagine that, as an amateur, he could have signed for DC for free, which would negate the point of signing him on loan?

According to the official website he is on loan just like Adrian Murphy.

De Town
04/08/2005, 8:43 PM
where's he gone? i live just round the corner from him :D

CollegeTillIDie
04/08/2005, 8:45 PM
where's he gone? i live just round the corner from him :D

Kildare County as far as I can remember :cool:

De Town
04/08/2005, 8:48 PM
Kildare County as far as I can remember :cool:
Cool, hope he does well. Remember playing football with him on summer evenings and some of the stuff he could do was amazing. Havent talked to him in ages. Hope he makes the grade some day.

pineapple stu
04/08/2005, 8:48 PM
Bear in mind that I do the official website! :p

My point is if he's only gone on loan, are we looking to keep him on for next year on proper terms?

CollegeTillIDie
04/08/2005, 8:58 PM
Bear in mind that I do the official website! :p

My point is if he's only gone on loan, are we looking to keep him on for next year on proper terms?

Well if you were wrong someone from the committe would tell you to remove that item. ;)

pineapple stu
05/08/2005, 11:16 AM
Well if you were wrong
:confused:

Wrong about what?

He is gone on loan - that's definite. I'm just speculating as to why he hasn't signed permanently.

Schumi
05/08/2005, 2:53 PM
Just on Aidan - someone (Schumi?) in the other thread said that Lynch was playing for free and effectively just keeping match fitness until someone signed him.
Wasn't me!

student
05/08/2005, 6:27 PM
I'm just speculating here but by going on loan to a team in another division is Lynch able to return to Ucd and play for them later in the season, should ucd require him. it would explain why he has gone on loan and not permanently.

Sheridan
05/08/2005, 7:43 PM
Many loan deals in the eircom League (e.g., Philly Hughes from DC to UCD last year) are actually de facto permanent transfers. The players simply see out their contracts whilst on loan, with the club to which the player is loaned liable for 100% of his wages. No idea if this is the case with Lynch.