PDA

View Full Version : Bray to bid for Doyle ?

Roo69
27/07/2005, 12:04 PM
It's in the Bray People this week and just got a club text through about it.

"Pat Devlin has confirmed Bray are set to bid for Robbie Doyle: We are prepared to bid for Robbie, he is a good player and would improve our squad"

Chance would be a fine thing ! Maybe Bray being a bit cheeky with Pats biding for Eamo last week ? but the 2 lads up front would be quality ! :D

Drogs have also said that they are interested in a double bid for Robbie and Keith Fahey

BrayZil
27/07/2005, 1:28 PM
It's in the Bray People this week and just got a club text through about it.

"Pat Devlin has confirmed Bray are set to bid for Robbie Doyle: We are prepared to bid for Robbie, he is a good player and would improve our squad"

Chance would be a fine thing ! Maybe Bray being a bit cheeky with Pats biding for Eamo last week ? but the 2 lads up front would be quality ! :D

Drogs have also said that they are interested in a double bid for Robbie and Keith Fahey

Just back from my lunch after reading the same thing in the paper. Personally I don't like Robbie Doyle. He's an arrogant **** & already snubbed Bray at the start of the season for Pats. But your right Zayed and Doyle up front would be quality!

Roo69
27/07/2005, 1:36 PM
Just back from my lunch after reading the same thing in the paper. Personally I don't like Robbie Doyle. He's an arrogant **** & already snubbed Bray at the start of the season for Pats. But your right Zayed and Doyle up front would be quality!

Do you actually know Robbie personally to make that decision about him ? or is just by what you hear other people say and by how he is precived ?

And he didnt snub us, we couldnt offer him a full time contract so we didnt take the negoitations any further at the time cause we could not offer what St. Pats were giving him. Devo advised him that the Pats move would be better finincially

BrayZil
27/07/2005, 1:52 PM
Do you actually know Robbie personally to make that decision about him ? or is just by what you hear other people say and by how he is precived ?

And he didnt snub us, we couldnt offer him a full time contract so we didnt take the negoitations any further at the time cause we could not offer what St. Pats were giving him. Devo advised him that the Pats move would be better finincially

I don't know him personally but I know people that do and my opinion is based on what I’ve heard from them. On the pitch he is a very talented player, there’s no denying that.

I heard from sources within the club that he was looking for a hell of a lot of money from Bray. Bray put together a very good deal at the time and he turned us down. The impression I get from him is that he is greedy & just out for what he can get.

Roo69
27/07/2005, 1:58 PM
I don't know him personally but I know people that do and my opinion is based on what I’ve heard from them. On the pitch he is a very talented player, there’s no denying that.

I heard from sources within the club that he was looking for a hell of a lot of money from Bray. Bray put together a very good deal at the time and he turned us down. The impression I get from him is that he is greedy & just out for what he can get.

I had a feeling alright....... :rolleyes: 2 many begrudging ar*eholes in Ireland, especially Bray.

Nah, we could only offer Robbie a part-time contract, FACT, St. Pats were offering a full-time contract and a much better basic wage, they were also in the premier at the time and we were in the 1st division - there was only one choice to make really ! What footballer is'nt in the game to get what they can from it, it's not as if they can retire at 65 from playing ball !

student
27/07/2005, 2:00 PM

Can't imagine Doolin signing Robbie after their fall out at UCD.

My first impression of Robbie was the same as Zayed9 and i could perfectly understand why he thinks that. However having got to know him a bit better I can defo say this is not the case.

There is no doubt (and i'm sure even you would agree with this Roo) that Robbie is quite fond of himself and loves the attention that comes with him being a top footballer. So to anyone who doesnt know him that can come across as arrogance. However this is definitely not the case.

He'll openly chat to anyone, and is as approachable as any footballer can be. He is a sound man with a great sense of humour. So get to know the person before you slag the enigma.

PS: Robbie is regularly seen in the Carlisle Grounds watching first team and under 21 matches. He openly supports the club and to say he snubbed Bray is completely untrue.

I was under the impression he fell out with Devlin before joining UCD but i'm sure Roo knows a bit more about the whole situation

student
27/07/2005, 2:05 PM
The impression I get from him is that he is greedy & just out for what he can get.

Question for you Zayed9;

If you were looking for full time employment so as to make a living and were offered two jobs which one would you take

A) a full time job on a good wage.
B) a part time job on a far lesser wage.

if logic prevails as im sure it will your answer would be A.

Put yourself in Robbie's shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wws
27/07/2005, 2:06 PM
all I'll say is awaiting developments with interest.....(talk is flying between the pats crew.....yeoooooouch is all i can say at this stage..... :D )

BrayZil
27/07/2005, 2:28 PM
I had a feeling alright....... :rolleyes: 2 many begrudging ar*eholes in Ireland, especially Bray.

Nah, we could only offer Robbie a part-time contract, FACT, St. Pats were offering a full-time contract and a much better basic wage, they were also in the premier at the time and we were in the 1st division - there was only one choice to make really ! What footballer is'nt in the game to get what they can from it, it's not as if they can retire at 65 from playing ball !

That’s fair enough, only going on info I’ve heard. Every player wants to further their career and will go were the money is which is fair enough cos their only trying to make a living. I heard he was taking the **** big time looking for Hollywood wages. Anyway if we do sign him, he'll do well for us!

BrayZil
27/07/2005, 2:41 PM
Question for you Zayed9;

If you were looking for full time employment so as to make a living and were offered two jobs which one would you take

A) a full time job on a good wage.
B) a part time job on a far lesser wage.

if logic prevails as im sure it will your answer would be A.

Put yourself in Robbie's shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No on can deny the chap trying to make a living but as I said, I HEARD he was being extremely greedy & taking the Mick. Don’t really want to get into the whole thing as it might land some people in trouble. Let’s just say there was more to it & my opinion of him won’t change!

KK77
27/07/2005, 2:43 PM

Fully agree he's a nobody who thinks he's somebody can't stand the chap. Always seems to fall out with managers at clubs yet it's never his fault.

Roo69
27/07/2005, 3:01 PM
Fully agree he's a nobody who thinks he's somebody can't stand the chap. Always seems to fall out with managers at clubs yet it's never his fault.

Good man Rafa, good to see to contribute so much to the conversation as per usual. It's such a shame we hav'nt got more supporters like you ! the club would be such a better place......... idiot !

wws
27/07/2005, 3:08 PM
speaking as a Pats fan - Robbies a good bloke and good player - a natural swagger and mickey taking personality rubs some folk up the wrong way - but taken on his merits he's not a bad 'un, far from it

Roo69
27/07/2005, 3:10 PM
Can't imagine Doolin signing Robbie after their fall out at UCD.

They didnt really have a fall out, more of a disagreement, but what player doesnt have disagreements with his manager ! They are still very friendly with eachother.

My first impression of Robbie was the same as Zayed9 and i could perfectly understand why he thinks that. However having got to know him a bit better I can defo say this is not the case.

There is no doubt (and i'm sure even you would agree with this Roo) that Robbie is quite fond of himself and loves the attention that comes with him being a top footballer. So to anyone who doesnt know him that can come across as arrogance. However this is definitely not the case.

He'll openly chat to anyone, and is as approachable as any footballer can be. He is a sound man with a great sense of humour. So get to know the person before you slag the enigma.

No i can fully understand why people would get that impression of him, why wouldnt they ! he has the best job in the world, gets paid a good wage, drive s a class car, women fookin love him, jesus sometimes i hate the little b@stard ! :D but i just annoys me when people have a go at him when they actually havnt got a clue what the bloke is like

PS: Robbie is regularly seen in the Carlisle Grounds watching first team and under 21 matches. He openly supports the club and to say he snubbed Bray is completely untrue.

Totally agreed with ya, if his own match does not clash with a Bray match then he will come down to the Carlisle and watch us, and yeah that includes the U21 matches, which most of our fans dont even do ! and he also pays in like any other normal fan !

superfrank
27/07/2005, 6:02 PM
I take it Roo you'd be happy if this were true.

I do think he is a good player and him and Zayed would do well together.

Stevo Da Gull
27/07/2005, 9:04 PM
Don't know Robbie myself but I see him around Bray and in the Carlisle often, now as I said I don't know the guy so my opinion of him counts for little but I reckon that he's a nice guy. Fond of himself yeah but a genuinely nice bloke. I'd love to see him back at Bray but I reckon that the bid is just Devo playing a little game with Pats after their cheeky bid for Zayed. But as I said, t'would be great to see Robbie back.

KK77
28/07/2005, 8:01 AM
Good man Rafa, good to see to contribute so much to the conversation as per usual. It's such a shame we hav'nt got more supporters like you ! the club would be such a better place......... idiot !

Idiot............says he who's started going to the games regularly in the last few seasons........... idi no i won't start trading insults i'll leave that to you Roo son.

Roo69
28/07/2005, 8:45 AM
Idiot............says he who's started going to the games regularly in the last few seasons........... idi no i won't start trading insults i'll leave that to you Roo son.

Good man, keept sprouting the same oul s*ite.

last few seasons ? What are ya talking about ? actually please dont answer that, it'll be more of the same stuff......

KK77
28/07/2005, 9:31 AM
Good man, keept sprouting the same oul s*ite.

last few seasons ? What are ya talking about ? actually please dont answer that, it'll be more of the same stuff......

Truth hurts

Roo69
28/07/2005, 9:47 AM
Truth hurts

How does that hurt ? ah your posts are so enjoyable :D

jfogarty
28/07/2005, 10:19 AM
this deal better not happen. robbie has been our best player this season and from what i have seen over the past year he likes playing for St. Pats and would sign a new contract if it was offered to him.

doyler is also one of the nicest guys playing in the eircom league. i have met him a few times around dublin and he loves to talk with fans and he knows his stuff. anyone who hasnt met the guy and says otherwise is a ****

KK77
28/07/2005, 10:45 AM
How does that hurt ? ah your posts are so enjoyable :D

Yeah just like yours

KR's Post
28/07/2005, 4:51 PM
The speculation is widespread, and i doubt devo is playing games. What a signing it would be. Doyler is so sound, nice chap... He is a legend and would be welcome back any day. Please Doyler sign for us. Please :cool:

Stevo Da Gull
28/07/2005, 7:51 PM
Please Doyler sign for us. Please :cool:

I'd like to second that :)

Danny
29/07/2005, 11:06 AM
from www.stpatsfc.com

ROBBIE GOING NOWHERE
Johnny McDonnell is insistent that striker Robbie Doyle is staying with the Saints despite speculation that he was leaving the club.

"The nature of the transfer window is that rumours breed other rumours and they take a life of their own. I would ask fans to wait until the window closes and then see what we have actually done before they leap to judgement. My absolute priorities are to make the squad stronger and the team perform better." said the Manager

Roo69
29/07/2005, 11:21 AM
from www.stpatsfc.com

ROBBIE GOING NOWHERE
Johnny McDonnell is insistent that striker Robbie Doyle is staying with the Saints despite speculation that he was leaving the club.

"The nature of the transfer window is that rumours breed other rumours and they take a life of their own. I would ask fans to wait until the window closes and then see what we have actually done before they leap to judgement. My absolute priorities are to make the squad stronger and the team perform better." said the Manager

Thats funny ! Johnny Mc said the same thing to Robbie himself, yet he was at the same time contacting clubs to see if they were interested in buying him......

lowflyingseagul
29/07/2005, 11:37 AM
it's drogheda or bray for robbie

Roo69
29/07/2005, 12:08 PM
it's drogheda or bray for robbie

Being honest i don't even think Robbie knows were he be playing, he is pretty much in the dark over this whole thing.

student
29/07/2005, 12:24 PM
What's happened at Pats?

One day they are trying to buy Zayeed, and now it seems they are trying to sell Doyle and Fahy.

jfogarty
29/07/2005, 12:59 PM
What's happened at Pats?

One day they are trying to buy Zayeed, and now it seems they are trying to sell Doyle and Fahy.

rumour has it that once these players leave zayed will come in so dont slag us off just yet

just a quick comment on fahs - he has been under performing for us all season and will be no great loss based on that form.

Roo69
29/07/2005, 1:08 PM
rumour has it that once these players leave zayed will come in so dont slag us off just yet

just a quick comment on fahs - he has been under performing for us all season and will be no great loss based on that form.

In fairness Fats is'nt the only one who has'nt preformed for Pats this season, there are some big name players there who just hav'nt preformed. Players like Fats can't be replaced very easily.

On Zayed, i can categorigcly (spelling) confirm that he will not be leaving Bray Wanderers, especially for for St. Pats - the bloke has said that himself, which is refreshing to hear.

KK77
29/07/2005, 1:29 PM
Thats funny ! Johnny Mc said the same thing to Robbie himself, yet he was at the same time contacting clubs to see if they were interested in buying him......

So are you confirming that Johnny Mc wants to sell him????