PDA

View Full Version : ad on RTÉ for Shels v Steaua....

De Town
26/07/2005, 10:02 PM
Did anyone see the ad on RTÉ for the Shels v Steaua game tomorrow night? The voice over person is waffling on about the game and then announces that "Shels have overcome the odds to get this far" :rolleyes: :D WTF?! :confused: Shels beat a poor Glentoran side so thats considered overcoming the odds?! Idiots :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
26/07/2005, 10:05 PM
Did anyone see the ad on RTÉ for the Shels v Steaua game tomorrow night? The voice over person is waffling on about the game and then announces that "Shels have overcome the odds to get this far" :rolleyes: :D WTF?! :confused: Shels beat a poor Glentoran side so thats considered overcoming the odds?! Idiots :rolleyes:
Newstalk 106 announced at 7:00 that there were only 800 tickets left earlier today.

De Town
26/07/2005, 10:08 PM
Newstalk 106 announced at 7:00 that there were only 800 tickets left earlier today.
Seriously :confused: Fair play :D

steveyg2004
26/07/2005, 10:14 PM

Indeed, I put a bet on 'my' team to win for both of the legs, simply because the odds were so long. :rolleyes:

I think it was 1/4 for Shels to win the match last Wednesday. Perhaps they got Shels mixed up with TNS (50/1 to win at Anfield - If you had put £100 on Liverpool to win you would have got back a generous £101).

higgins
27/07/2005, 1:55 PM
All SOLD OUT since early this morning.

Capacity is at 8,000 for some reason.

Probably due to those Rovers knackers breaking all our seats ;)

Drumcondra Red
27/07/2005, 3:24 PM
All SOLD OUT since early this morning.

Capacity is at 8,000 for some reason.

Probably due to those Rovers knackers breaking all our seats ;)

Nah, was on the bus at 2, and a bloke jumped on just after buying tickets!

Ya, too many broken seats, although we fixed a lot of them over the last few days, where were you higgins???

Schumi
27/07/2005, 3:29 PM
I got mine at 12-ish and there didn't seem to be too many left then.

Supersaint3
27/07/2005, 3:40 PM
Seriously :confused: Fair play :D

That's not $hels fans, that's all the romanians in the country turning out to see their top team.... :rolleyes:

ShelsTim
28/07/2005, 12:16 AM
That's not $hels fans, that's all the romanians in the country turning out to see their top team.... :rolleyes:

If you're being sarcastic, there was actually a huge amount of Romanians there who bought tickets from the Shels allocation, as if there wasn't enough coming over anyway(sold out the Ballybough, that hasn't been done since the time Cork City brought 2 and a half million to Tolka).

Did anyone see the ad on RTÉ for the Shels v Steaua game tomorrow night? The voice over person is waffling on about the game and then announces that "Shels have overcome the odds to get this far" WTF?! Shels beat a poor Glentoran side so thats considered overcoming the odds?! Idiots

Absolutely and did you see the RTE report after the game? Going on about how it was such a fantastic result for Shels. My arse it was, Shels should've won. Although if they keep saying this crap, when we do well next season, people will be shocked and come along for the novelty.