PDA

View Full Version : Ian Rossiter

feo123
26/07/2005, 8:09 PM
I heard it on Ocean FM today... Harps chairman said Rossiter has been released and he is likely to return to the showgrounds.
Decent signing but he wont play ahead of Raf if he does come!
What do ye think of this??

The Stars
26/07/2005, 9:01 PM
Dont know about this one.Ian is a good player but honestly he would be doing well to make the bench.Remember Ryan O'Donnell will be back in a few weeks going for the right back position aswell.
Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not Conner who let him go to harps in the first place........

redman
26/07/2005, 9:01 PM
I don't think much of that signing, if its true. But not a bad squad player I suppose.

sligoman
27/07/2005, 12:22 AM
Rossi was a top player when he was with us, although I'm not too sure what he is like now and I'm not too sure if he would get a place in our team especially with O'Donnell due back soon enough, and Ryan has been waiting long enough for a chance so he certainly deserves a shot at the RB position.

showgies
27/07/2005, 8:09 AM
Did anybody see his "defending" vs Bohs recently on TV3?...............he would be a liability at the back. He is one of the reasons O'Riordan couldn't develop a good defence.

This would be his 3rd time to return to Rovers, so we should learn from our mistakes and leave him where he is.

Thanks bu NO THANKS :mad:

nephin
27/07/2005, 8:15 AM
In my opinion Rossiter is over rated. We don't need him in the squad and if O'Donnell comes back soon he wouldn't even make the bench. What if he doesn't get playing will he start to rock the boat? Remember he left for Finn Harps when things weren't going well here so why should we have him back.

Redzer
27/07/2005, 9:02 AM
From what I understand, he will be a squad player, covering for injuries, etc. Interesting part is that I believe, it was Mickey Feeney who told him he had no future with Rovers. He then left on his own bat. How will that relationship go from here?
He can be a hero or a villain. Very unpredictable player.

gustavo
27/07/2005, 9:10 AM
i've seen ian play very well for us and very poorly . its a bit of a dilemma but i suppose he is a better option for us than phillip gallagher who's rovers career presumably is now over.

McSligo
27/07/2005, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=showgies]Did anybody see his "defending" vs Bohs recently on TV3?...............he would be a liability at the back. He is one of the reasons O'Riordan couldn't develop a good defence.

Dont make me laugh O'Riordan was'nt able to develop a good taught, never mind a good defence.......His bully boy approach to his young players was the only thing he developed..... Now, Rossi might not be the best defender in the world but I think he will give 100% lines out.

McSligo
27/07/2005, 10:13 AM
..... Now, Rossi might not be the best defender in the world but I think he will give 100% lines out.[/QUOTE]

Before anyone thinks I am a rugby fan... I ment to say "100% when he lines out.

red_all_rover
27/07/2005, 10:32 AM
Ian Rossiter signed for rovers yesterday. Rumour has it he'll be playing tomorrow night against Dublin, although possibly off the bench.
Regardless of what you think of Rossiter as a player, he always gave 100% and surely he couldn't be any worse than Gallagher ;)

Rory H
27/07/2005, 10:44 AM
Dont know about this one.Ian is a good player but honestly he would be doing well to make the bench.Remember Ryan O'Donnell will be back in a few weeks going for the right back position aswell.
Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not Conner who let him go to harps in the first place........

you are wrong...it was mickey feeney

he is better than gallagher but when he helped harps get promoted he kissed the crest and all this other bull about it being a long journey..he can fu[k off...ryan o donnell and raf are better than him....

nephin
27/07/2005, 10:56 AM
..... Now, Rossi might not be the best defender in the world but I think he will give 100% lines out.

We also know Gallagher isn't the best defender in the world but he gave 100% whenever he played. I don't believe Gallagher is good enough but he's no worse than Rossiter.
If we were down in mid table, would Rossiter have come here? I doubt it. The fact is he has come here cos Rovers are doing well and there is a chance of a medal for him. A poor signing i think.

showgies
27/07/2005, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=showgies]Did anybody see his "defending" vs Bohs recently on TV3?...............he would be a liability at the back. He is one of the reasons O'Riordan couldn't develop a good defence.

Dont make me laugh O'Riordan was'nt able to develop a good taught, never mind a good defence.......His bully boy approach to his young players was the only thing he developed..... Now, Rossi might not be the best defender in the world but I think he will give 100% lines out.

The point I was making is that Rossiter was a stalwart of a O'Riordan defence which proved to be one of the poorest in the 1st Division.............his signing could disrupt a defence which now looks reasonably strong............Cretaro is doing a great job at right back e should keep him there and rely on Ryan O'Donnell as cover.....

Rory H
27/07/2005, 11:25 AM
rossiter is just on loan :)

deecay
27/07/2005, 11:59 AM
rossiter is just on loan :)
Till the end of the season. :D
Why try to fix something that doesnt need to be fixed.

Da Real Rover
27/07/2005, 4:58 PM
he is better than gallagher but when he helped harps get promoted he kissed the crest and all this other bull about it being a long journey..he can fu[k off...ryan o donnell and raf are better than him....
Ever since he kissed the crest and swore his undying love for harps i wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole. He got the boot from harps and personally i think tough sh!t, he was given the boot from our team and now harps. Do we really want to sign a hot potato that nobody wants. Ryan O'Donell deserves his chance hes been waiting long enough and either way Gallagher must go.

The Stars
27/07/2005, 6:39 PM
you are wrong...it was mickey feeney

Oh im so sorry.........
Rossiter is an average player but puts on the hard man image to make himself look important whoch he isn't.
He is reckless in his tackles and is prone to cards which will cost us points for the rest of the season for sure.

Rovers1
27/07/2005, 6:57 PM
Ryan O'Donell deserves his chance hes been waiting long enough and either way Gallagher must go.

Ryan still has the injury he had 7 months ago

The Stars
27/07/2005, 8:07 PM
Ryan still has the injury he had 7 months ago

No he doesn't...
He had surgury a few weeks ago and is making a speedy recovery.
He began running again 2 weeks ago and i think he is back training with the team now.

red arrow
27/07/2005, 9:20 PM
there is one carrot here we get ian we also get his brother
keith (ex sunderland player) i know he cannot play top classfootball any more but soon he will be able to play for rovers. watch this space

The Stars
27/07/2005, 9:47 PM
keith (ex sunderland player) i know he cannot play top classfootball any more but soon he will be able to play for rovers. watch this space
It's Mark you dope.
Just heard that we may be signing him but not confirmed yet.

sligoman
27/07/2005, 11:26 PM
keith (ex sunderland player)

Shows how much you know about him :rolleyes: :D

TopOfTheLeague
28/07/2005, 1:42 PM
i wouldnt have him back id rather put gallagher in ahead of im thats how badly i rate him.. i was talkin to my uncle (who played alongside gallagher at under-age level) the other day about gallagher and he said that gallagher was 1 of the best defenders in ireland at that level.. did any one else hear this?

gustavo
28/07/2005, 2:27 PM
wasnt he on that all conquering summerhill team of 97 that contained ( correct me if i am wrong ) o grady , flannery , martyn and dolan

harpskid
28/07/2005, 3:28 PM

No you won't.

Mark had been training with us up until a few weeks ago but left as there's still no breakthrough with the Insurance deal he is waiting on.

He's going to play junior football now.

Btw. Yous are welcome to Ian an' all

McSligo
28/07/2005, 4:04 PM
No you won't.

Mark had been training with us up until a few weeks ago but left as there's still no breakthrough with the Insurance deal he is waiting on.

He's going to play junior football now.

Btw. Yous are welcome to Ian an' all

Good man HarpSKID, You stick to the sheep shagging on the Barnesmore Gap and let us worry about the Rossiter brothers.

DonalE
28/07/2005, 8:11 PM
Philip played school boy for Ireland

TopOfTheLeague
29/07/2005, 10:50 AM
mark would be a decent player to sign but was he not supposed to sign for us a couple of years ago aswell when he got released from sunderland?

Rovers1
31/07/2005, 3:45 PM
Why try to fix something that doesnt need to be fixed.

it does need to be fixed we need Raf right wing and a decent right back, not gallagher,theres a reason he was left out the last few games.

As for Rossys return,never thought much of him,and still dont,when a team like Harps is leaking goals and they get rid of defenders,there must be something up.

Rovers1
31/07/2005, 3:47 PM
i wouldnt have him back id rather put gallagher in ahead of im thats how badly i rate him.. i was talkin to my uncle (who played alongside gallagher at under-age level) the other day about gallagher and he said that gallagher was 1 of the best defenders in ireland at that level.. did any one else hear this?

no,havent been chattin to your Uncle lately :D