PDA

View Full Version : Joey O'Brien in fantastic form in Thailand

gally
26/07/2005, 1:12 PM
Can anyone update me on how Joey is doing at Bolton, saw him play in a few matches in Thailand and he looked very solid and not out of place. Is he realistically a first team squad member or will he be farmed out to the Reserves once again...

eirebhoy
26/07/2005, 5:24 PM
I'd say this season he'll be 12th/13th choice. A bit like McGeady with ****** now that Nakamura is signed. Hopefully he breaks into the team when he gets his chance.

Poor Student
26/07/2005, 5:27 PM
I'd say this season he'll be 12th/13th choice. A bit like McGeady with ****** now that Nakamura is signed. Hopefully he breaks into the team when he gets his chance.

I don't see Nakamura a threat to McGeady really. McGeady is primarily going to be used on either wing whereas Nakamura will be playing in the centre.

eirebhoy
26/07/2005, 6:35 PM
I don't see Nakamura a threat to McGeady really. McGeady is primarily going to be used on either wing whereas Nakamura will be playing in the centre.
Well Nakamura is a left winger or behind the front two. Pretty much the same as McGeady although McGeady has rarely got a chance behind the front two. McGeady has been poor this pre-season and Thompson is back now. Nakamura, Lennon and Petrov are certain starters. Strachan seems to like Sutton in midfield too so that leaves Sutton, Thompson and McGeady fighting it out for the one midfield place. I don't see McGeady getting it.

TheOwl
26/07/2005, 7:16 PM
Wednesday have signed Burton O'Brien this summer plus Steve Adams and Craig Rocastle since Joey left, but we would still have him back in a heartbeat.

If he came back you could possible have an all-Irish midfield of

Partridge Whelan O'Brien Brunt (NI)