PDA

View Full Version : Bruton Signs for city

yan
25/07/2005, 9:18 PM
title says it all

harry crumb
25/07/2005, 9:44 PM
At Cobh he was excellent for one season and the goals dried up then and he signed for Waterford.

Hopefully we will see the real Buton at the Cross.

Dyl10
25/07/2005, 9:52 PM
Bit of a strange signing :confused:

terry9
25/07/2005, 9:58 PM
told ye..

on bench thursday 2 by the way..

Dyl10
25/07/2005, 10:02 PM
would he make the bench regularly? im not sure of who is on your bench but i would assume fenn or Behan would be there aswell

radar
25/07/2005, 10:05 PM
Interesting being Richarsons first signing (bar Big Derek). Isnt he more of a winger than a striker? And didn't Pat Dolan have him on trial before he joined Waterford? And isn't he the one who looks like a 70's throwback with a head of hair Glenn Hoddle woudn't wear? Or Eileen Drewery for that matter!! Anyway if he has joined best of luck to him.

De Town
25/07/2005, 10:10 PM
would he make the bench regularly? im not sure of who is on your bench but i would assume fenn or Behan would be there aswell
Fenn is one of Corks more regular starters and AFAIK, Behan is just coming back from an injury.

Éanna
25/07/2005, 10:18 PM
told ye..

on bench thursday 2 by the way..
would he be registered in time?

terry9
25/07/2005, 10:24 PM
i wouldnt no to be honest,just been told he'll be on it thursday boss.

so he must be? :confused:

fella
26/07/2005, 3:55 PM
lads he's got to be a better back up than Behan anyway in fairness.
Best of luck to him.

Éanna
26/07/2005, 4:11 PM
lads he's got to be a better back up than Behan anyway in fairness.
Best of luck to him.
And Behan is still getting a slagging :rolleyes: What does the guy have to do? Every time he's come into the team, he's scored goals. Most clubs would be delighted to have back up as good as Behan

pete
26/07/2005, 5:05 PM
I've criticised Behan before but he showed big improvement when got a run at start of the season. IMO he is important squad member & offers an alternative when we can't breakdown bus in front of goal. Rico should try to nuture him into tall target man but can get stuck in when required.

Was looking at last years goal scorers & Bruton scored 10 league goals which is fairly good. Hes good enough option to have on the bench & theres no commitment beyond end of season.

Peadar
27/07/2005, 7:18 AM
What does the guy have to do?

I was glad to see him coming off the bench on Friday.
He looked well up for it and won a corner within seconds of his introduction.
He's a great lad to have on the bench with O'Flynn and Fenn being the preferred options up front.

With regard to Bruton, I'll reserve judgement but I would have preferred to see us sign a right sided midfielder. I think we lack attacking options on that side.

Éanna
27/07/2005, 10:38 AM
With regard to Bruton, I'll reserve judgement but I would have preferred to see us sign a right sided midfielder. I think we lack attacking options on that side.
I'm the same pretty much, but the thing is Bruton can play on the right side of midfield, so he does give us another option there.

Peadar
27/07/2005, 11:23 AM
Bruton can play on the right side of midfield

Being able to play there and being effective there are two different things though.
He's a City player now so I'll support him and hopfully this signing will benefit both parties.