PDA

View Full Version : How long would you give O'Connor?

Pages : [1] 2

jebus
25/07/2005, 3:06 PM
Rehash of a early season thread of either mine or Nempton's, can't remember which, but anyway how long would you give Noel O'Connor, given the recent run of form (not just results but style of play) and the many, many stories *cough* facts that have ben dogging the club. I realise this is working under the hope that Danny 'I think all fans are scumbags' Drew hasn't actualy given NOC a 5 year deal, but I've just watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so the hopeful child in my has been awoke. Does Currently On-Line JoeSoap have any views?

LFC in Exile
25/07/2005, 5:02 PM
I reckon he has to be given a season to be judged fairly. He is not impressing me so far I have to say but in fairness I think he should be given at least to the end of the season and see then whether the club is going forward on the pitch. :ball:

4tothefloor
25/07/2005, 8:33 PM
I reckon he has to be given a season to be judged fairly. He is not impressing me so far I have to say but in fairness I think he should be given at least to the end of the season and see then whether the club is going forward on the pitch. :ball:
I agree. End of season is the time to judge and speculate. Not looking good though. It's not the results that bother me, there was always going to be teething problems. The style of football, or lack of it, is what annoys me.

declan hide
26/07/2005, 7:35 AM
quotes from the game in the echo last night...NOC bemoaned the peno decision while henderson claimed they deserved the points cos they played football while limerick went with the long ball the whole time.

just a thought...why dont we have many experienced players at limerick? ones that have played eircom league for say 5-10 years?

LFC in Exile
26/07/2005, 8:39 AM
quotes from the game in the echo last night...NOC bemoaned the peno decision while henderson claimed they deserved the points cos they played football while limerick went with the long ball the whole time.

just a thought...why dont we have many experienced players at limerick? ones that have played eircom league for say 5-10 years?

Like Noel Mooney? Thomas McGauley has also quite a bit of eL experience. I reckon Finny has a few years now and Wolfe 3/4 years?

You are right though- we do need a bit more about us at times. A vocal, experienced central midfielder a la Eddie Gormley, Alan Reynolds etc. Someone who can boss the midfield and keep our own lads on their game. A big problem still is the lack of communication on the pitch. If we can't hear them talking I reckon their team mates can't. :ball:

declan hide
26/07/2005, 9:41 AM
Like Noel Mooney? Thomas McGauley has also quite a bit of eL experience. I reckon Finny has a few years now and Wolfe 3/4 years?

You are right though- we do need a bit more about us at times. A vocal, experienced central midfielder a la Eddie Gormley, Alan Reynolds etc. Someone who can boss the midfield and keep our own lads on their game. A big problem still is the lack of communication on the pitch. If we can't hear them talking I reckon their team mates can't. :ball:

yeah i did say many...knowing we do have mooney, mcgauley...finny probably has what 4 years at most? and wolfe...does he even have 3 or 4 years? i remember him playing for cobh at the pike last year (at right back) but never heard of him before then.

but what i'm asking is why we dont have more experienced players?
is it down to NOC? is it down to money? do the club want to blood younger players?....

anto1208
26/07/2005, 10:31 AM
ye should be asking ye re selves how can he get sacked , if ye look into who owns the club ( its not one person but it is a big secrect ) ye will find out why its unlikely for him to get sacked !! .

all ill say is a warned ye ! this would happen , ;)

sadloserkid
26/07/2005, 12:28 PM
Well I personally think that he deserves the rest of this season and as long as it takes next season to see if we're gonna be in the promotion shuffle.

And anto1208, you weren't the only one! ;)

sadloserkid
26/07/2005, 12:38 PM
ones that have played eircom league for say 5-10 years?

*thinks*

Mooney
McGauley... has 5 years tops (albeit a couple in the premier)
Finuncane
Conor Molan is in his fourth or fifth year in the EL, he made his debut in jackman anyway.
Derek McCarthy has amassed quite a bit of experience :rolleyes:
Wolfe has a few years under his belt alright, 4/5 tops again though.
Brian Donnellan was another Jackman Park player so he probably has 3/4 years down as well even allowing for the bulk of two seasons that he was back in junior football.

But to answer your question, I think that reason we have so few players with that kind of experience is that players like that tend to answer back. Cynical of me perhaps? :ball:

declan hide
26/07/2005, 12:47 PM
*thinks*

Brian Donnellan was another Jackman Park player so he probably has 3/4 years down as well even allowing for the bulk of two seasons that he was back in junior football.

But to answer your question, I think that reason we have so few players with that kind of experience is that players like that tend to answer back. Cynical of me perhaps? :ball:

sadly in donnellans case i think the 2 years away show...

but with your answer to my question..thats the kind of answer i was hinting at....

Nempton
26/07/2005, 1:00 PM
If we had to be fair then we would say until the end of the season, then do a hatchet job on him like Joe Soap and Willie John did to Mike Kerley at the end of last season. (Oh if we only knew who Willie John was at the time, when Joe was saying Mike should be sacked and Willie saying hire NOC).
With our beloved chairman declaring us fans to be scumbags perhaps he should take a look at his manager whose behaviour the past month (probably longer) falls into that name category. I never thought after the Clinton impeachment that I would see a person lie so convincly to the public. NOC's recent comments to Live95 have been classic, how about last week when he said that Derek was the only player who wanted to go to Waterford, what a lying ****bag (can you fill in the blanks Danny, thanks). NOC is a manger completely devoid of tactics, leadership, man management skills and basic manners. The sooner we get rid of him the better in my opinion...BRING BACK KERLEY

anto1208
26/07/2005, 4:08 PM
ive missed loads of action here so who was willie john and joesoap , i figured out they were up to no good but who did they turn out to be ?? .i remember joe having a right go at me for suggesting that mike should be left as manager because he had an oral contract and it was the right thing to do morally. plus he is better than noc ,

4tothefloor
26/07/2005, 5:50 PM
NOC is a manger completely devoid of tactics, leadership, man management skills and basic manners.
You can apply the last bit to our esteemed chairman as well. Apparantly he was asking around at a recent game to point out who 4tothefloor was on foot.ie - I suppose he thinks he can control what the fans say on here now as well. I've sent Willie John a PM and am waiting for a reply. There's a few of ye here, such as Nempton and Jebus, that he'll probably be after now as well :p . How sad is that? :rolleyes:

Kerry Blue
27/07/2005, 4:11 AM
There's a few of ye here, such as Nempton and Jebus, that he'll probably be after now as well :p . How sad is that? :rolleyes:
Sounds like paranoia to me! :)

Nempton
27/07/2005, 12:54 PM
Danny was looking for Jebus earlier this season as well so I wouldn't say its paranoia ;)
Anyway if Danny has a problem with what people say and think then tough, we have been nothing but supportive since the start of the season especially towards NOC who we didn't want. The only reason why there is bad feeling is because of the behaviour of our chairman and our manager which has been appalling in the past two months. Last season our only complaint was directed towards Michael O'Sullivan and his inability to run the club, we never once complained about Mike Kerley or his behaviour. Nor should I add did the players or those involved in other areas of the club make complaints about Mike. But yet this season when we should be celebrating the club securing its survival and have absolutely no reason to complain about anything has been ruined by two idiots, NOC and Danny, who have wasted a glorious opportunity for a new beginning for Limerick. Is it any wonder that attendances in recent times have gone from a thousand at the start of the season to just over three hundred now. To make matters worse then, Michael O'Sullivan and Ralph McMahon have been allowed back in. Seriously these are two guys who came to us two weeks before the deadline to help them with the club licence, they are a joke who have offer absolutely nothing to Limerick.

LFC in Exile
27/07/2005, 2:13 PM
But yet this season when we should be celebrating the club securing its survival and have absolutely no reason to complain about anything has been ruined by two idiots, NOC and Danny, who have wasted a glorious opportunity for a new beginning for Limerick.

Isn't there a contradiction in that sentence? Without DD and NOC would there have been a survival at all to ruin? :ball:

I agree with you about the two returning - what is that about?

However, it might be stretching it a bit to say we have all been nothing but supportive since the start of the season (especially with NOC) - mostly people have been waiting for a chance to be proved right and as soon as it emerged jumped on it.

And to say no players complained about MK last season - we didn't have any players. :(

Lim till i die
27/07/2005, 2:19 PM
Isn't there a contradiction in that sentence? Without DD and NOC would there have been a survival at all to ruin? :ball:

Well assuming Mr. Drew is the sole owner of the club, I think we could have survived quite nicely without NOC thank you very much ;) :)

LFC in Exile
27/07/2005, 2:29 PM
Well assuming Mr. Drew is the sole owner of the club, I think we could have survived quite nicely without NOC thank you very much ;) :)

I don't know who does or doesn't own it. We could probably do okay football wise without NOC anyway. :ball: If he is an owner I am glad he put up his own money to save the club - but it does make it difficult if he does not deliver football wise. But JoeSoap told us ages ago that he wil be judged by results so we have no worries on that score. :rolleyes:

thelimerick
27/07/2005, 2:29 PM
You can apply the last bit to our esteemed chairman as well. Apparantly he was asking around at a recent game to point out who 4tothefloor was on foot.ie - I suppose he thinks he can control what the fans say on here now as well. I've sent Willie John a PM and am waiting for a reply. There's a few of ye here, such as Nempton and Jebus, that he'll probably be after now as well :p . How sad is that? :rolleyes:
You'll be waiting a while for a response from williejohn...Pm'd him ages ago and have heard nothing back. It's a bit ridiculous when its gotten to the stage where supporters who go to matches week in week out are being hunted down for airing their views on a football website. Aparantly he wants a word with myself too... Its like being back in secondary school all over again, the students don't respect the teacher because he's rubbish and the principle's a lunatic :)

LFC in Exile
27/07/2005, 2:35 PM
supporters who go to matches week in week out are being hunted down for airing their views on a football website.

What does hunted down mean?

A lot of people on the board at the start of the season were insisting that WillieJohn identify himself and his connections to the club. Now the same posters are complaining that DD wants to know who they are. Its just ironic. :ball:

Lim till i die
27/07/2005, 2:43 PM
A lot of people on the board at the start of the season were insisting that WillieJohn identify himself and his connections to the club. Now the same posters are complaining that DD wants to know who they are. Its just ironic. :ball:

Hey come on now LFCIE, this thread is about an argument with Mr. Drew (well, actually it isn't, but its ended up that way!) theres no need to drag a seemingly innocent 3rd party lik WillieJohn into the argument just to prove your point ;) :)

anto1208
27/07/2005, 2:44 PM
NOC anyway. :ball: If he is an owner I am glad he put up his own money to save the club

bingo ..
also take what joesoap +wj say with a pitch of salt as they say ,sounds like they have a hidden agenda ........ maybe one is an owner too there are more than 2 owners ( mos+rm are just fans now its not them )

LFC in Exile
27/07/2005, 3:17 PM
bingo ..
also take what joesoap +wj say with a pitch of salt as they say ,sounds like they have a hidden agenda ........ maybe one is an owner too there are more than 2 owners ( mos+rm are just fans now its not them )

Don't take my comment as evidence or information that NOC is an owner. I don't even know the guy. I said "if". I am as much in the dark as most.

gael353
27/07/2005, 4:12 PM
Id give him till two weeks before next season. Then if he hasnt gotten a promotion certainty squad together then its on your bike Noel. This years squad was poor to start with and i think we were all surprised to be in 2nd only 5 weeks ago. But the main plus this season has to be our under 21 squad.. I known its not going to pull in the crowds or anything but the quality is there and its there for the future and run properly. Dont get me wrong i like Noel but his back room team was all wrong to start with one in part i cant stand and has to be the most ignorant man ive ever come across oh and hes got no coaching badges. This season the first div is total shiiite and we are missing a great oppertunity. Next season i expect Athlone to be a big force with John Gill at the helm (ul rememeber that i wanted him to take us up this year) we still have a chance this year cos the league is so bad but its getting less and less likely every game. People say to me but look at what ye had last year and yea i agree, we were shocking in the clubs set up and this year it is a big improvement but, i wont compare this years team to last years ill compare it to the years before when with nearly an all local side we reached the playoffs. So if things have improved so much on the field then we should be going on a 15 game unbeaten run (in this ****e div) from say the Kilkenny game next Tuesday? Lets see it happen :cool:

anto1208
27/07/2005, 4:44 PM
To make matters worse then, Michael O'Sullivan and Ralph McMahon have been allowed back in. Seriously these are two guys who came to us two weeks before the deadline to help them with the club licence, they are a joke who have offer absolutely nothing to Limerick.

why would they not be aloud in i dont understand why , did they not pay at the gate ,

surely you wouldnt begrudge them coming to watch a match after keeping the club afloat for so long when NO ONE ELSE WOULD . dont forget even if you dont think they did a good job there would nt be any club at all if it was nt for them ,

then you would have no one to complain about ;)

anto1208
27/07/2005, 4:46 PM
Don't take my comment as evidence or information that NOC is an owner. I don't even know the guy. I said "if". I am as much in the dark as most.

he is !

did no one ask them selves how he got the job ??

LFC in Exile
27/07/2005, 5:23 PM
why would they not be aloud in i dont understand why , did they not pay at the gate ,

surely you wouldnt begrudge them coming to watch a match after keeping the club afloat for so long when NO ONE ELSE WOULD . dont forget even if you dont think they did a good job there would nt be any club at all if it was nt for them ,

then you would have no one to complain about ;)

I don't think he means in to watch a match (I have seen them at a few games this year) - he means "in" in the sense of involved with running the club. At least that's the meaning I take from it. And if my interpretation is right then I agree that they shouldn't be involved. The club went through its worst period of administration under their stewardship - for whatever reasons - so involving them again is very strange. :ball:

Breifne
27/07/2005, 5:37 PM
McGauley... has 5 years tops (albeit a couple in the premier)

McGauley spent 7 years with Home Farm / Everton / Fingal before 3 at Dublin City - So thats ten in total.

sadloserkid
27/07/2005, 5:56 PM
McGauley spent 7 years with Home Farm / Everton / Fingal before 3 at Dublin City - So thats ten in total.

Dar stands corrected.

Nempton
27/07/2005, 7:19 PM
You will have to forgive me if my post today did not make sense but I'm posting at work during my lunch break but just to clarify a few points for ye...

Originally by Anto1208
why would they not be aloud in i dont understand why , did they not pay at the gate, surely you wouldnt begrudge them coming to watch a match after keeping the club afloat for so long when NO ONE ELSE WOULD . dont forget even if you dont think they did a good job there would nt be any club at all if it was nt for them
No I certainly don't begrudge Michael and Ralph coming to watch Limerick play matches but I do begrudge them becoming involved in the club at committee level. In regards to keeping the club afloat, it was quite evident towards the end of their term that the clubs best interest was not at the forefront of their actions. It would be nice to know exactly how much money Michael held out for again, despite reassuring us (after the '3 amigos' had gone behind our backs and started a company saying they owned Limerick - to go off on a tangent they had no legitmate claim to the club) that he was not interested in making money from the club. While it is my opinion, thankfully it is based on fact that they did not do a good job with Limerick. They were incompetent, shortsighted, naive and ignorant when running the club. I'd much prefer them to be paying fans than actually involved in the running of the club. The fact that Danny has left them back in raises serious questions about his business acumen in regards to the club. Oh yes if the '3 amigos' (can I remind people how John Purcell swore blue in the face that he was quitting his job to become the full time comercial manager - what a bunch of cowboys :D ) had suddenly left I don't think it would have been the end of the club but rather we would have turned things around a lot sooner than now. I think you will find that there were certain parties interested in getting involved, the problem was Michael's reluctance to leave without some reward (cash for those who can't guess).

Originally by LFC In Exile
Isn't there a contradiction in that sentence? Without DD and NOC would there have been a survival at all to ruin?
Sorry I had actually intended to put in brackets that I thought Danny the lesser of two evils. In regards to Danny I think he has to learn to take a step back and not allow things to become too personal which at recent matches he has done. His behaviour is very similiar to John Purcell who became quite paranoid at the most unoffending comment passed, whether here in foot.ie or in person. Also it would help if Danny didn't call Limerick fans scumbags.

However, it might be stretching it a bit to say we have all been nothing but supportive since the start of the season (especially with NOC) - mostly people have been waiting for a chance to be proved right and as soon as it emerged jumped on it.
I think NOC is a liability and I stated that before the beginning of the season here. I think Kerley should have been retained, I didn't like the tactics adopted by our now chairman and PRO in the way they attacked Mike and got rid of him at the end of last season, it displayed their lack of class and being. Despite my opinion of NOC I stated here again that I would support the team and the manager. Over a month and half ago I mentioned the restraint of fans including myself in not informing people of the malevolent behaviour of NOC towards players. It would have been quite simple to come on here then and tell people I told you so. To be honest I would have been absolutely delighted to have been proven wrong, nothing would have given me greater satisfaction than that. But unfortunately that is not the case, I have no confidence in NOC and I don't think he is capable of getting the best out of the team. Thats why I'll keep saying 'BRING BACK KERLEY', I've seen from NOC's previous term what direction the team is going to go and it's not good. Danny would be enjoying better success right now if he had kept Kerley.

4tothefloor
27/07/2005, 7:29 PM
I don't think he means in to watch a match (I have seen them at a few games this year) - he means "in" in the sense of involved with running the club. At least that's the meaning I take from it. And if my interpretation is right then I agree that they shouldn't be involved. The club went through its worst period of administration under their stewardship - for whatever reasons - so involving them again is very strange. :ball:
Michael O'Sullivan is a lovely man, but the truth is he wouldn't organise a gang-bang in a brothel, never mind run a football club. I was told he may be re-installed as chairman, for reasons I'm not not going to go into on here (Willie John will have the calvery out if I do :D ), but only as a bit of window dressing, he wouldn't be calling the shots. Ralph McMahon - was he the guy doing the PA at the Scunny game? If it was he made a royal balls of players names when the subs were introduced.

Oh BTW thelimerick, I got a prompt reply to my PM to good old Willie. He basically said he wasn't Danny Drew, but did know him, and will pass on my message (asking what his problem is) to Danny. He recommended I ring Danny by getting his number off of a named S.C. officer. He also did a ;) smiley at the end :D . I just replied that I believe he is Danny and that i'm not ringing anybody

deise deserter
27/07/2005, 7:41 PM
Bringing back the moronic liabilities that robbed the club from the fans will put Willie John on an even worse footing with the fans and the general public. Lets see him attract sponsorship with the stooges back on board.

Willie John came on here a couple of weeks ago telling us to stop whinging, that we were doing well in the table. What does the schitzophrenic have to say now???

Aaron GUFC
27/07/2005, 8:02 PM
....That you have been up for re-election a good few times before O'Connor came along. :rolleyes: I think you have done better than expected this season, but the loss of some of your best players has put a dint in your season. I think O'Connor can keep up the good work, if he gets a win Limerick might get a string of good results. So I still think Noel could be the man to push Limerick for promotion in the next few seasons..... :rolleyes:

4tothefloor
27/07/2005, 8:21 PM
....That you have been up for re-election a good few times before O'Connor came along. :rolleyes: I think you have done better than expected this season, but the loss of some of your best players has put a dint in your season. I think O'Connor can keep up the good work, if he gets a win Limerick might get a string of good results. So I still think Noel could be the man to push Limerick for promotion in the next few seasons..... :rolleyes:
Can we stop this "oh but look at ye now compared to last year" stuff. We should be doing better than we are. Aaron GUFC, you talk about the loss of our best players, have you wondered why? Then you say if NOC keeps up the good work. What good work would that be exactly, that we're not bottom? :confused: BTW, we were up for re-election under O'Connor the last time he was in charge.

gael353
27/07/2005, 10:08 PM
Can we stop this "oh but look at ye now compared to last year" stuff. We should be doing better than we are.

cough :rolleyes: seconding me on that i see. Does anyone read my posts :o

Crambler
28/07/2005, 8:44 AM
no nothing of your off the field problems but as an outsider looking in,have seen ye 3 times this season against rams and if mike kerley was in manager ye would have more than 1 point to show from the games.kerley worked magic last season.noc is very limited as a manager.

joeSoap
28/07/2005, 9:03 AM
I didn't like the tactics adopted by our now chairman and PRO in the way they attacked Mike and got rid of him at the end of last season.I don't remember Bernard ever attacking Mike Kerley and getting rid of him?? Just to point out something....I'm not the club PRO, Bernard O'Neill is.

Just for future reference.... ;)

Nempton
28/07/2005, 9:09 AM
Orignally by Joe Soap
I don't remember Bernard ever attacking Mike Kerley and getting rid of him?? Just to point out something....I'm not the club PRO, Bernard O'Neill is.
Just for future reference.... ;)

Sorry about that Joe :o I had checked with a certain moderator last night to see where you still PRO and he told me you where. At the start of the season you were the PRO, correct? So have you been demoted or bumped up to a new title? I still don't like the way ye sandbagged Mike Kerley last season by the way.

anto1208
28/07/2005, 10:42 AM
he means "in" in the sense of involved with running the club. At least that's the meaning I take from it. And if my interpretation is right then I agree that they shouldn't be involved. The club went through its worst period of administration under their stewardship - for whatever reasons - so involving them again is very strange. :ball:
no need to worry on that front ye are reading to much into it all the only meaning to "in" is in the ground watchin as fans ...they might lend a hand but in the same way you would lend a hand if asked.
fr joe's was the worst , ran to america leaving the club flat broke and homeless , thats were all the problems stemmed from so if ye want to point finger point them his way not mos and rm who had to pick up the peice's and did it out of love for the club nothing else .

anto1208
28/07/2005, 10:50 AM
Michael O'Sullivan is a lovely man, but the truth is he wouldn't organise a gang-bang in a brothel, never mind run a football club.

thats my point he is neither a chairman or a gang bang organiser , he gave it a go when the club was seriously screwed & tried his best and thats it , its not as if people were queing up to take charge ,

and nempton not everything is such a big conspiricy as you make out and you are wrong on a number of points ive no interest in debating this again im just saying dont belive everything you hear in the stand :) ,

im just waiting for you to accuse him of shooting JFK ;) :D

deise deserter
28/07/2005, 12:21 PM
Anto:
Your dad returns to the club and you return to foot - strange timing.

Your point is rendered completely inane by one underlying fact you do not wish to dwell on:

No-one wanted MOS to take control of the club.

He basically stole it from the fans by setting up a limited company in direct opposition to the wishes of all but John Purcell at a public meeting. The way he worked was dishonest, untrustworthy and wrong. When he finally decided to go he didn't go without getting his pound of flesh from Drew. The guy is basically a bad person when it came to his dealings with Limerick FC.

He wasn't wanted then and he isn't wanted now - Pass on the message.

anto1208
28/07/2005, 12:51 PM
god not this again , this is why i didnt bother posting in the lfc pages for ages

and ive been constantly onhere ,just was posting in the world football section ask 4 tothefloor .

its very easy to hide behind a nickname dessie and throw **** at other people ,either knock it off or grown yourself a set of balls and be a man . :mad:.

i dont go around asking who the people are behind the nicknames its there choice to tell people not yours or mine .

thelimerick
28/07/2005, 2:50 PM
Oh BTW thelimerick, I got a prompt reply to my PM to good old Willie. He basically said he wasn't Danny Drew, but did know him, and will pass on my message (asking what his problem is) to Danny. He recommended I ring Danny by getting his number off of a named S.C. officer. He also did a ;) smiley at the end :D . I just replied that I believe he is Danny and that i'm not ringing anybody

Dead right!
Got one of those messages myself, replied back but he failed to get back to me. Left my e-mail address for him to "pass on" to Drew as I heard he wanted a chat but alas nothing. Maybe he was busy being some-one else for the day I don't know. He's very funny though isn't he, gas!

sadloserkid
28/07/2005, 8:54 PM
This thread is probably a couple of posts away from being locked... can we keep the personal infighting out of things please?

4tothefloor
28/07/2005, 9:28 PM
ive been constantly onhere ,just was posting in the world football section ask 4tothefloor .
I can vouch for that, wrecking our heads about all things Everton :D . He's probably posting here now because he's s**tting himself that they'll draw Liverpool in the CL tomorrow ;)

anto1208
29/07/2005, 8:14 AM
I can vouch for that, wrecking our heads about all things Everton :D . He's probably posting here now because he's s**tting himself that they'll draw Liverpool in the CL tomorrow ;)

i actually am , even the bookie's have stopped taking bets on it

deise deserter
29/07/2005, 9:43 AM
Anto:

Agree with SLK that if you want to throw cr@p he should lock it.

Attack the post not the poster. The simple fact that you came on with an agenda last time and left out points to support your agenda does not mean I shouldn't recognise it when it happens again.

Any chance you could scroll up there and reply to my earlier post? Interested to see your reponse!! ;)

Nempton
29/07/2005, 1:08 PM
Originally by Anto1208
and nempton not everything is such a big conspiricy as you make out and you are wrong on a number of points ive no interest in debating this again im just saying dont belive everything you hear in the stand,
im just waiting for you to accuse him of shooting JFK

Thanks for that nice patronising comment please if you can debate the points that I made then please do thats the purpose of this forum otherwise I'll just take your comments to mean "I've got no comeback". Passing of a posters comment as conspiratorial just smacks of Joe Soaps recent posts and to be honest it doesn't cut here. I just take a statement like that to mean that I'm right and the comments I made earlier as far as I'm concerned are valid. Also the points I made have nothing to do with idle talk that I hear at matches either (trust me who wouldn't like to hear what people say about Michael). If I'm wrong prove it otherwise just stay in the world soccer forum.

declan hide
29/07/2005, 1:54 PM
in all fairness its probably just the supporters club who bad mouth michael. do many of the people turning up this year even know who michael is?

Nempton
29/07/2005, 4:31 PM
Personally I have no problem with Michael, its only in his capacity as a past chairman and his dealings involving the club do I take issue with. I wouldn't agree that its just solely the supporters club who dislikes Michael but a large number of fans who are still disgruntled over the way he managed the club. The supporters club was and still is a medium for which it can convey the fans feelings and a means for Limerick FC to communicate with the fans, I don't think they see their role as bad mouthing people.

But not to be distracted from the subject matter of this thread, it was interesting to see the propaganda styled article in the Limerick Post this week claiming that the club is not in crisis but in fact that things couldn't be better. To be fair that statement is correct in regards to the club's off the field affairs but definitely not with whats happening on the field and NOC. Every fan I spoke to (nearly the majority of Limerick fans) at the last home match were not happy with NOC and glad to be involved with the 'BRING BACK CARTHY' posters. This thread itself reflects our discontent at our manager but yet we are led to believe that everything is great. I think and I'm asking SLK to do this, to start a poll amongst fans asking who would you prefer to be in charge of the club either Mike Kerley or NOC and get some reflection about how fans feel. As for me I happily choose Mike.