PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Show

Gary
29/03/2002, 11:26 PM
I actually cannot believe they still put that tripe on the telly. I know that at least it is doing something for the eL, but as far as I can see is that is an embarrasment to the league. If the fools could get their facts straight, it would be great. Also maybe if it could be a small bit more up to date, it might be a better watch. We'll take tonights episode for example. The first segment was talking about Irish strikers past and present. It had Givens and Cascarino and Stapleton talking about who should go to Japan. Now excuse me if Im wrong, but they were saying that both gary Doherty and Richard Sadlier were both in the shakeup, but arent the two of them Long term injured and havent a hope. Im sure I read somewhere as liong ago as 4 weeks ago that they were both goosed.

Second bit referred to Paul Osams distinguished carrer with Cheats Athlethic. It was talking a bit about the 'two horse race season' betweem City and Pats. It said that after Pats won that League that they played Celtic in a CL qualifier. Now would I be wrong in saying that that happened the PREVIOUS season, when Shels played Rangers in the UEFA cup????????

And as for the Shay and Ray bit. God help us!!!

Rubbish.

Colm
30/03/2002, 9:31 AM
Originally posted by GWA
It was talking a bit about the 'two horse race season' betweem City and Pats. It said that after Pats won that League that they played Celtic in a CL qualifier. Now would I be wrong in saying that that happened the PREVIOUS season, when Shels played Rangers in the UEFA cup???????? Yes that was the previous season, the same year as City were playing CSKA kiev, if Im not mistaken.

pete
30/03/2002, 11:48 AM
I'm been impressed over the last couple of years by the Soccer Show as a well presented show that deserved a better time slot than late night friday.

However this season its been a big disappointment with at leat half the show dedicated to inane reports on the national team & i've lost count the number of times they show that bleedin MacAteer goal in lansdowne v Holland.

Ever since they sold the show to Sky seems to have had a heay english slant to the it :(

Sadlier is out for the season but Doherty has just come back from injury.

The japanese trip is actually ok & the facilities over there are unbelievable but anyone wonder why they needed Tracey & Healy? Shay Healy is actually the producer of the show so suppose he able to put himself first in for the junket ;)

MikeW
30/03/2002, 12:15 PM
They've sunk to new depths this week. Shay took us into a public jacks to show us how to use a japanese style urinal, complete with a demonstration (simulated of course, thank god). The look on some poor japenese guys face when your man brought the camera in as he was trying to take a slash was worth watching the whole show for though!

Éanna
30/03/2002, 1:46 PM
the show has always struck me as being in the mode of an educational video for school kids. You always expect them to say "after the break we'll tell you what way to look when you're crossing the road" At least it's something though!

Troy.McClure
02/04/2002, 6:27 PM
Originally posted by MikeW
The look on some poor japenese guys face when your man brought the camera in as he was trying to take a slash was worth watching the whole show for though!

As Master Card would say... Priceless! :p