PDA

View Full Version : Weekend games Thursday 19th to Monday 23rd May

Pages : [1] 2 3

sbgawa
18/05/2022, 8:46 AM
Premier Division (All 19:45 unless stated)

Thursday 19th

U.C.D v Shamrock Rovers

Friday 20th

St Pats v Shelbourne
Derry v Dundalk
Bohemians v Sligo
Drogheda v Finn Harps

Monday 23rd

Drogheda v Shamrock Rovers
Shelbourne v U.C.D
St Pats v Bohemians
Sligo v Derry
Finn Harps v Dundalk (20:00)

First Division

Friday 20th May (all 19:45)
Cork v Wexford
Galway v Athlone
Treaty v Cobh

Saturday 21st

Longford v Waterford 19:30

sbgawa
18/05/2022, 8:57 AM
Rovers seem to have the reverse situation to a couple of weeks ago with two "winnable" games (UCD and Drogs) compared to Derry who have Dundalk and Sligo but as we saw then it doesn't necessarily work out like that.
Derry v Dundalk a huge match for both teams , Derry need it to bounce back from the defeat in Tallaght , Dundalk with a win close to within 4 points of Derry with a game in hand and insert themselves into the title race.
Harps need to bounce back and get something against Drogheda and Sligo need to show up against Bohs and Derry or risk dropping off the pace completely (they could be ten points off Europe with two losses by Monday evening. As much as Sligo need the points when playing Bohs Friday 008 needs a win. He always seems to find one to keep the wolves at bay so id be backing Bohs on Friday.

Cork and Galway should be winning their matches this weekend but Longford v Waterford is a must win for Waterford if they want to dream about catching the top two. They need to beat everyone else from now to the end of the season AND get the better of Cork and Galway over the remaining matches

Nesta99
18/05/2022, 9:04 AM
I cant see Dundalk getting a result v Derry. If we did win it would be one of the best league results for quite a while. We wont roll over but a relatively comfortable win for Derry would be odds on. To get on the coat tails of those challenging for the league would be up there as the success story considering where we are at in rebuilding but a step too far under the circumstances imo.

sbgawa
18/05/2022, 11:36 AM
I cant see Dundalk getting a result v Derry. If we did win it would be one of the best league results for quite a while. We wont roll over but a relatively comfortable win for Derry would be odds on. To get on the coat tails of those challenging for the league would be up there as the success story considering where we are at in rebuilding but a step too far under the circumstances imo.

Id agree with that tbh it would be more hope on my part that you win than belief but if SOD can get a win then its a real statement of intent, even a draw would be a good one.
Your away form though is a bit em................unreliable would be polite

Nesta99
18/05/2022, 11:49 AM
Well we wont be able to say away form is due to playing on different surfaces for this one..

Calcio Jack
19/05/2022, 4:28 PM
Help needed - does anyone know if you join a game late on LoiTv does it bring you into the current live position e.g. you logon twenty mins after ko and you join the game at that point - or can you logon but get to the start ?

kksaints
19/05/2022, 4:36 PM
Help needed - does anyone know if you join a game late on LoiTv does it bring you into the current live position e.g. you logon twenty mins after ko and you join the game at that point - or can you logon but get to the start ?

It brings you to the current live position, I'm not sure if you can go back to the start when it's live.

Calcio Jack
19/05/2022, 4:55 PM
It brings you to the current live position, I'm not sure if you can go back to the start when it's live.

That’s what I thought might be the case …. Thanks

joey B
19/05/2022, 5:23 PM
UCD 18/1 tonight if anyone’s feeling lucky and doesn’t play for Shamrock Rovers!!!

yurt
19/05/2022, 6:17 PM
Is there a reason why UCD moved their game to today? I've always thought that that it could make sense for them to play on Thursday nights to try and entice some students to actually go to their games. Especially if they are playing Dublin teams as it won't have as dramatic effect on the travelling support.

Suits a lot of us neutrals too having a game outside of the usual Friday kickoff, it's 7 quid the are getting from me that they otherwise wouldn't.

pineapple stu
19/05/2022, 6:25 PM
Main club fundraiser tomorrow I think.

We tried Thursdays before and I don't think there was a noticeable bounce. Plus it might have impacted training when you're playing on a different night each week

Martinho II
19/05/2022, 8:01 PM
Main club fundraiser tomorrow I think.

We tried Thursdays before and I don't think there was a noticeable bounce. Plus it might have impacted training when you're playing on a different night each week

Yeah thats what RTE site said earlier.

sbgawa
19/05/2022, 9:18 PM
Rovers were as good as they had to be for 45 mins. Game turned into a half hearted training exercise after that. 7 pounts clear, pressure on derry Friday.

pineapple stu
19/05/2022, 9:30 PM
Yup. Bazunu the busiest keeper in the second half, which says a lot. Good to meet Kingswood Rover too, who seems far more normal in real life than on here :p

(And I'm sure the same could be said of more of ye!)

Monday in Tolka was always a more important tie.

sbgawa
19/05/2022, 9:59 PM
Yup. Bazunu the busiest keeper in the second half, which says a lot. Good to meet Kingswood Rover too, who seems far more normal in real life than on here :p

Duffer was there spying on you , saw him sneaking out at the end :D

Kingswood Rover
19/05/2022, 10:40 PM

Thanks Pineapple lovely evening all round,

Onapointoforder
19/05/2022, 10:49 PM

Bazunu🤔

Kiki Balboa
19/05/2022, 11:01 PM
I wonder if that game tonight will become famous for other reasons?

pineapple stu
19/05/2022, 11:02 PM
Don't understand either of the last two posts. What an I missing?

elatedscum
20/05/2022, 2:00 AM
gonna guess bazunu was in the crowd?

pineapple stu
20/05/2022, 6:04 AM
Yep - posing for selfies with anyone who wanted one (hence my joke. Which probably didn't make sense unless you knew he was there I guess!)

placid casual
20/05/2022, 6:49 AM
I wonder if that game tonight will become famous for other reasons?
Care to fill us in there Columbo?

sbgawa
20/05/2022, 8:34 AM
Yep - posing for selfies with anyone who wanted one (hence my joke. Which probably didn't make sense unless you knew he was there I guess!)

Been at the last 4 Rovers matches, fair play to him.

Looking forward to a relaxing Friday evening, take the missus for a drink and not have to rush off to Tallaght for a change.
Can i dare to dream Dundalk will do us a favour in Derry tonight.

Bright spot for me last night was the ball Gaffney played in for Danny's goal with the outside of his right foot 30 yards for a tap in for Danny.
Also delighted Gaffney got a goal for himself he does so much for the team but strikers like to score

Nesta99
20/05/2022, 9:19 AM
You can dream all right but thats all it will be!

oriel
20/05/2022, 9:21 AM
I think Dundalk might be good enough for a draw tonight, we don't seem to play well on grass this season, no away wins, maybe tonight this will change as its not grass!

Jd2793
20/05/2022, 10:51 AM
huge game for harps, cant believe they lost to ucd last weekend. think dundalk will struggle up in derry, a point would be great for them.
big performance needed for cork against wexford. we were better in the first 7 games but have dipped big time, galway have improved a lot in the last 7. need a convincing win v wexford who got whipped around the place last weekend.

Nesta99
20/05/2022, 7:14 PM
Lovely goal by Benson to put Dundalk ahead. Dundalk the better side 1st 20 but Derry are starting to purr now!

mackend6
20/05/2022, 7:15 PM
For the last 10 or 12 years I've said a game we played away in Longford on Good Friday was the worst game of football I've ever seen.

I think it's about to be replaced by this game in United Park. Putrid.

joey B
20/05/2022, 7:27 PM
We'll give you a goal eventually, I wouldn't worry!

Nesta99
20/05/2022, 7:38 PM
Anyone else having problems with LoITV, Im gettig a stream not found message?

joey B
20/05/2022, 7:39 PM
Happening all over the league apparently,great service!

Nesta99
20/05/2022, 7:45 PM
getting a general 404 error now rather than jus the streaming issue. Cant send a message either.

Nesta99
20/05/2022, 7:56 PM
Big goal for Harps if that result sticks.

sbgawa
20/05/2022, 8:15 PM
Paid for 2 matches and ffs

joey B
20/05/2022, 8:47 PM
Truly embarrassing last half hour from us,performance and discipline in equal measure,happily end the season now,grim…..

Jd2793
20/05/2022, 8:50 PM
are harps taking the p1ss?

Finlay Harp
20/05/2022, 8:51 PM
Do the world a favour and relegate us now!

joey B
20/05/2022, 8:52 PM
are harps taking the p1ss?

Absolutely!

The Bowler
20/05/2022, 8:54 PM
This is the worst Harps team in recent memory. Couldn't even defend a 1-0 lead against ten men, embarrassingly shipping 3 second half goals after Drogs went down to 10. UCD evem without Whelan and Kerrigan could well pick up enough to make the play off. The Ollie miracle will be needed again, but with this lot, that looks a stretch too far I think. Definitely finishing bottom 2, and maybe bottom.

Nesta99
20/05/2022, 9:03 PM
Effective from Dundalk, good retention of the ball in tight situations, went long when needed and slowed things up when Derry getting on top. Unmarked header for the equaliser was down point. Didnt see that result coming and surprised at Derry as they didnt play with the intensity you'd expect. Win that game in hand and maybe we're further along the rebuilding curve that thought. Cant fault any of the players at all. Generally been a good night for Dundalk! Tetchy on the sideline so be interesting to hear what that was about -McMllan had a yellow before he came on which could be trivia piece. You're welcome Shamrock Rovers!

Jack B
20/05/2022, 9:06 PM
Christ.

joey B
20/05/2022, 9:12 PM
I wonder who’s unhappier,Harps,Pats or Sligo fans?

Straightstory
20/05/2022, 9:17 PM
For the last 10 or 12 years I've said a game we played away in Longford on Good Friday was the worst game of football I've ever seen.

I think it's about to be replaced by this game in United Park. Putrid.
Totally agree - until a quite extraordinary twist at the end which came out of nowhere. Amazing stuff.

MattB11
20/05/2022, 9:18 PM
No reason UCD can't finish ahead of this joke of a harps team

oriel
20/05/2022, 9:19 PM
Been at the last 4 Rovers matches, fair play to him.

Looking forward to a relaxing Friday evening, take the missus for a drink and not have to rush off to Tallaght for a change.
Can i dare to dream Dundalk will do us a favour in Derry tonight.

Bright spot for me last night was the ball Gaffney played in for Danny's goal with the outside of his right foot 30 yards for a tap in for Danny.
Also delighted Gaffney got a goal for himself he does so much for the team but strikers like to score

How did the drinks go sbgawa ? Sorry love just nipping to the jacks, 'live score.......great 1-0 Dundalk..........then 2-1...............treat yourseves to a curry chip on the way home !

Dundalk actually extended the lead in 3rd, this is good stuff, Benson goal was outstanding, serious shift by Hoban with the late winner, and John Martin too for his assist.

pineapple stu
20/05/2022, 9:20 PM
Is this the weirdest league in a long time?

Shels when they lose look awful it seems, yet they win away to Sligo, Pat's and Derry.

That's not a good Dundalk team but they've only lost twice and are on a great run of form lately (I think they got 9 points and six draws from their first eight games? So that's 19 points from the next eight). And one of those defeats was against Drogheda.

Sligo, Bohs and Pat's seem incapable of any consistency, which is strange given how well they've been performing the last couple of seasons.

UCD and Harps have plenty of consistency and it's hard to see either of us stay up. Drogheda seem crap too but they're winning the games that matter.

Third to seventh is going to be a hell of a scrap for the last Euro spots

ontheotherhand
20/05/2022, 9:20 PM
Effective from Dundalk, good retention of the ball in tight situations, went long when needed and slowed things up when Derry getting on top. Unmarked header for the equaliser was down point. Didnt see that result coming and surprised at Derry as they didnt play with the intensity you'd expect. Win that game in hand and maybe we're further along the rebuilding curve that thought. Cant fault any of the players at all. Generally been a good night for Dundalk! Tetchy on the sideline so be interesting to hear what that was about -McMllan had a yellow before he came on which could be trivia piece. You're welcome Shamrock Rovers!

Last time I saw that was the 2019 cup final.

Thanks for helping Derry with their wobble. I have a screenshot somewhere around here for DCWA if he turns up.

Jack B
20/05/2022, 9:25 PM
I wonder who’s unhappier,Harps,Pats or Sligo fans?

I am unhappier than all Harps and Sligo fans added together after that tonight.

Calcio Jack
20/05/2022, 9:27 PM
Is this the weirdest league in a long time?

Shels when they lose look awful it seems, yet they win away to Sligo, Pat's and Derry.

That's not a good Dundalk team but they've only lost twice and are on a great run of form lately (I think they got 9 points and six draws from their first eight games? So that's 19 points from the next eight). And one of those defeats was against Drogheda.

Sligo, Bohs and Pat's seem incapable of any consistency, which is strange given how well they've been performing the last couple of seasons.

UCD and Harps have plenty of consistency and it's hard to see either of us stay up. Drogheda seem crap too but they're winning the games that matter.

Third to seventh is going to be a hell of a scrap for the last Euro spots

And Derry now only 9 points from last 8 games

Jack B
20/05/2022, 9:27 PM
Actually maybe not in the case of Harps, that looks pretty horrific on paper.