PDA

View Full Version : sligo rovers vrs dublin city..predictions etc

Pages : [1] 2

Rory H
24/07/2005, 11:43 AM
rovers,on a high after once again going 5 points clear at top of 1st division will be looking to extend their lead to 8 points vrs dublin city

city,who are the only team rovers havent beaten this season lost to kilkenny at the weekend so will be looking to get their challenge back on track

this game will go a fair way to deciding who get promoted this season...a win for rovers could send them drifting away on their own,leaving the others 2 go for 2nd,a win for dublin and they and 3 others will get a huge boost in their attempts to catch the league leaders

prediction :0-0....it'll do...it will be a battle and a lot depends on connors tactics and forward selection..

garykelly
24/07/2005, 11:46 AM
i'll go for a draw. 1-1.

1 9 2 8
24/07/2005, 12:07 PM
2-0 win for Rovers. I hope the red army travel in huge numbers for this game it's our biggest game of the season so far

ali2005
24/07/2005, 12:29 PM
2-1 Rovers. Wont be able to go to the game as I am going to New York on holiday the very same day.

nephin
24/07/2005, 12:34 PM
Hope to go to this one.
Going for a 1-1 draw

sligoman
24/07/2005, 12:50 PM
Dublin City 2-3 Sligo Rovers

Da Real Rover
24/07/2005, 3:17 PM
2-1 to Rovers with Saint Paul and Kupuno getting on the score sheet. Itll be a real battle though with us getting through by the skin of our teeth. I feel Connor will be pivital in this game.

TopOfTheLeague
24/07/2005, 6:33 PM
3-2 to rovers,mc t(2) browne(1) :D

The Stars
24/07/2005, 7:41 PM
Oh ye of little faith.
Rovers to win 4-0...........yes 4-0.McTiernan back with a bang bagging a Hat Trick.

rockstar
24/07/2005, 10:38 PM
:ball: 1-1 DC very strong on thereown patch and we know they have probaly the best back 4 in the division,we need to be patient a draw would be a good result for us also the referee will need to be strong in this one and not be influnced by dermot and co. 1-1.

Derek
24/07/2005, 11:03 PM
Oh ye of little faith.
Rovers to win 4-0...........yes 4-0.McTiernan back with a bang bagging a Hat Trick.

Whatever you are taking I want some :eek:
it's a hard one to call but I think 4:0 to Rovers is a joke.

I reckon Dublin by 1, maybe 2:1. Injuries are our biggest problem.
A draw is more likely but this is a must win for the Dubs.

roversforever
24/07/2005, 11:29 PM
maybe 2-1 rovers.the team i would put out would be:

O Hara
Raf
Burns
McNamara
Low
O Donnell
Murtagh
O Grady
Faz
Flannery
McT

dublin need to win so i expect them to really go for it.thats why i've put murtagh in the centre instead of feeney.murtagh offers us more defensively but is still good going forward.McT is a must.i think we are going to score on the counter attack and we will need the pace of faz,o donnell and st.paul to do this.pace of McT on the counter would have more chance of getting us a goal or two than having the two big men up there.sean over paul brown cos he works harder and has been excellent all season.

McSligo
25/07/2005, 8:34 AM
Neither team is firing on all cylinders at the moment, so I’m going to predict a painful to watch 1-1 draw.

SRFC Head
25/07/2005, 10:36 AM
Having not being able to see much of the rovers due to living in dublin, I can't predict the result, but hopefully rovers will create a nice gap for themselves at the top of the table, a win or a draw for rovers would go down well.

Can't wait for thursday... come on the rovers...

gustavo
25/07/2005, 10:49 AM
I think a draw will be a good result for us remember we havent beaten them this season two draws so i woulld say its all set up for another one ill say one all with flannery scoring for us.

superfrank
25/07/2005, 11:53 AM
Cmon Sligo!!! I never really liked Dublin City. Especially after the 2003 First Division title decider at Whitehall. :mad:

Amyway, what were the scores earlier in the season?

sligoman
25/07/2005, 12:02 PM
Amyway, what were the scores earlier in the season?

1-1 in Dublin and 1-1 in Sligo ;)

Darco Ooragnak
25/07/2005, 12:14 PM
A real Six pointer here...

Not in the best of form recently....back to my old complaint of not enough goals.....that had changed for a while there, but recently things have dried up. In saying that we have been scrapping games which in itself is a good sign..

Thursday....what till happen.......its a game that Dublin City cannot lose...if they do it would be a bitter, bitter, blow......

I`m going for a goals bonanza and a 4-2 win for The Rovers..

anyone know who the Ref is....can we have another girl??

Redzer
25/07/2005, 12:14 PM
Its a must win for Dublin, and if it's a draw we will go away the happiest. But if we are to win this league, then it's up to us to win this game. I believe we can and will win this one. It would be a major blow for Dublin if we came away with all 3 points.
0-1 to the Bit O'Red.

superfrank
25/07/2005, 12:17 PM
1-1 in Dublin and 1-1 in Sligo ;)
I'm going to say......1-1.

Seriously going on recent form, I haven't seen either of yez playing this season though, I'd say Rovers to sneak it 2-1.....

........and Dermot Keely get's sent off.

sligoman
25/07/2005, 3:03 PM
I haven't seen either of yez playing this season though,

Well if you can make it to Richmond on Thursday night superfrank, you'll see both of us in action ;)

Da Real Rover
25/07/2005, 5:38 PM
The one thing i worry about in this game is whether we get Duddy or not, that pencil neck pr!ck gets worse and more biased every time ive seen him, funny though its never in our favour.

superfrank
25/07/2005, 5:44 PM
Well if you can make it to Richmond on Thursday night superfrank, you'll see both of us in action ;)
Sorry slgoman, I'm pretty sure I've to be somewhere Thursday night. Let you know if the story changes.

PS I'll stop all the Sligo jokes, they're getting old. :D :eek:

sligoman
25/07/2005, 5:47 PM
PS I'll stop all the Sligo jokes, they're getting old. :D :eek:

What Sligo jokes? :confused:

superfrank
25/07/2005, 5:54 PM
What Sligo jokes? :confused:
Nevermind......

sligoman
25/07/2005, 5:57 PM
Nevermind......

:D, I think I know what your on about but yer grand, there not getting old yet ;) :D

Rovers1
25/07/2005, 6:22 PM
Id say 0-0,loads of chances for both teams but two keepers out on top

redrov2005
25/07/2005, 7:58 PM
I'm going for a 2-1 win for Rovers ! McT to score the winner.

Mayo Red
27/07/2005, 9:18 PM
I'll go for a 1-1 draw in what will be a tense game, lot at stake and neither side will want to slip up. We should give their attendance records a boost anyway! :)

sligoman
28/07/2005, 12:32 AM
The top two teams in the first division of the eircom League meet at Richmond Park on Thursday evening. Both have suffered shock defeats to Kilkenny City in recent weeks and both will be looking to clinch the automatic promotion place.

Dublin City vs Sligo Rovers
(Richmond Park - 7:45 pm - Division 1)
Referee: Neil Doyle

A win for current leaders Sligo Rovers would open up a massive eight point lead at the top while a win for the Vikings would cut the gap to just two.
Dublin City have released defender Pat Deans but added Aidan Lynch from UCD. Paul Shiels is suspended while Alan Keely is injured. Ray Scully is back in contention after a one game ban but Ben Whelehan is an injury doubt.
Sligo have added defender Ian Rossiter to their squad, he rejoins the club on loan from Finn Harps. Conor O'Grady is available again after suspension.
The clubs have met twice already this season and both games ended in 1-1 draws. It may take something special to divide the sides again on Thursday evening.

League form for Dublin City : LWWWL
League form for Sligo Rovers : WLWWW

Previous meeting(s) : Sligo Rovers 1-1 Dublin City (21/05/2005)
Dublin City 1-1 Sligo Rovers (24/03/2005)
Sligo Rovers 2-3 Dublin City (11/10/2003)
Dublin City 1-0 Sligo Rovers (10/07/2003)
Sligo Rovers 2-3 Dublin City (23/04/2003)
IrishFootballOnline.com Prediction: Draw.

sligoman
28/07/2005, 12:38 AM
Referee: Neil Doyle
Well I wasn't expecting it to be, and it's not, Paul Duddy will not be ref, thank christ! Anyone know much about Doyle? Is he good? Where's he from?

garykelly
28/07/2005, 7:58 AM
doyle is the better option that other refs in this division. I dont like giving out about refs but duddy & mcdermott are just not able to comand games at this level.

skimcgee
28/07/2005, 10:08 AM
C**t of a day in Dublin lads. Hope it clears up for the game.

SRFC Head
28/07/2005, 10:28 AM
Ya its rotten, can't see it clearing up too much, although the surface should be in good condition, should be greasy, might aid Rovers slick passing game ! :o

Heinze
28/07/2005, 11:29 AM
Ya its rotten, can't see it clearing up too much, although the surface should be in good condition, should be greasy, might aid Rovers slick passing game ! :o

Well its a lovely day down in Sligo guys, Sun not exactly splitting the stones but sounds better than Dublin and lets face it even in the rain Sligos a better option which is why I left Dublin for home! Hope the lads will do it tonight although I suspect a draw is on the cards, 1-1 sounds about right, hope theres a good turn out of Exiles to support them.

Darco Ooragnak
28/07/2005, 12:25 PM
Prediction - we`ll get a bit wet........

TopOfTheLeague
28/07/2005, 2:03 PM
im sure steve might get another few goals tonight :D

Ringo
28/07/2005, 11:28 PM
Oh ye of little faith.
:D :D your having a laugh

Derek
29/07/2005, 12:00 AM
I reckon Dublin by 1, maybe 2:1. Injuries are our biggest problem.

I was right until one of your lads steered home Dave McGill's cross. :p

C'Mon City

blueviking1980
29/07/2005, 7:45 AM
Me 3... ;)

Maynard
29/07/2005, 2:20 PM
Up the Dubs, and don't forget to F**K the begrudgers while you're at it! :ball:

garykelly
29/07/2005, 2:33 PM
Up the Dubs, and don't forget to F**K the begrudgers while you're at it! :ball:

ye've loads to begrudge :rolleyes:

Maynard
29/07/2005, 2:37 PM
There'll be no sour grapes left in the Weisht by Monday lads...

sligoman
29/07/2005, 3:06 PM
doyle is the better option that other refs in this division.

After last night's game I wouldn't be so sure about that Gary :mad:

garykelly
29/07/2005, 3:24 PM
hindsight is incredible alright. Thought he was better than that.

roversforever
29/07/2005, 10:34 PM
i couldn't make the game as i was working so i listened to it on the radio.i just want to say ye sounded great on the radio.i could clearly hear the chants of "the rovers" and the drum sounded great too.well done lads,ye did us proud,i just wish i could have been there with ye.keep up the good work!

p.s the dublin fans could not be heard at all and only a small cheer when they scored.

Da Real Rover
30/07/2005, 9:44 AM
We didnt deserve to win and for sure they didnt deserve to win. I dont rate that as a result or a competitive game that was a FAI training video on how not to referee a match. That was one of the worst performances by a referee ive seen all season, thats up there with Duddys and Hildas. Dublin fans stop clapping yourselves on the back because winning a league is alot easier when you got a Referee in your pocket. Dont try to deny the bias in that game it was clear and evident for all to see. And another thing since yee can afford fans, any player Dermott takes a liking to and Referees, why cant yee afford a ground ??

Ringo
30/07/2005, 9:57 AM
We didnt deserve to win and for sure they didnt deserve to win. I dont rate that as a result or a competitive game that was a FAI training video on how not to referee a match. That was one of the worst performances by a referee ive seen all season, thats up there with Duddys and Hildas. Dublin fans stop clapping yourselves on the back because winning a league is alot easier when you got a Referee in your pocket. Dont try to deny the bias in that game it was clear and evident for all to see. And another thing since yee can afford fans, any player Dermott takes a liking to and Referees, why cant yee afford a ground ??

That’s an extremely petty post. Both sides didn’t think the officials were great. The match is on video, so league wants to see, they can. To suggest any team can pay the referee off is infantile. At the end of the season, the best tem will be promoted, full stop.

sligoman
05/08/2005, 12:02 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/match/match%20stats/2005/050728_dublin%20city.htm

There is also a shot of the crowd after Carr's goal ;)

garykelly
05/08/2005, 1:23 PM
ref probably didnt even whistle for this one..prob too far away from the action
:D :D

http://www.sligorovers.com/images/match%20pics/2005/07/Sean%20Flannery%20is%20held.jpg