PDA

View Full Version : Limerick win

Rambler1
24/07/2005, 10:14 AM
Great match. Our first half not so good but we got it together in the second half. Were lucky when 1-0 down as penalty 50/50 and some refs would have given it but overall swamped Limerick after that and deserved 2 goals. All players gave it 110% in second half but IMO man of the match was young James McCarthy who kept us in it during our poor spell. Warren and Jammer made a difference too when they came on

terry9
24/07/2005, 10:35 AM
a great win!

i think the fans changed the game when they went up singing,really got the team going!

i was very impresed with Muca!

Wolfe was not even at the game for them.

brossy won a lot of headers last night,which is good for a change!

once again Reilly popped up with a goal,the legend!only a matter of time before he's in the premier i think?

Falvey was inconsistant last night,one minute he'd be winging everything next he'd **** up,lik when they scored he was at fault but so was McCarty,dont get me wrong tho Nolans finish was brilliant!

delighted we beat them and showed them once again were a far better team!!

bet it was a long drive home for the big limerick fan and his crew!! :D

Rebal Boy
24/07/2005, 7:49 PM
This is a great win for Ramblers. :) I wasn't at the game cause I had to go to a 21st birthday party. Someone I know was at the match and he texted me the scores so did my friend who didn't bothar going to the game. I couldn't belive it when I heard Rams scored in injury time. I was delighted for them. I hope they can finnaly get promation this year and be back where they belong. :) It would be great to have local derbys back again.

terry9
24/07/2005, 9:31 PM
great game..the limerick fans...usually the big mouths of the board have said anything yet..there in hidding!! :D

Rams-fan
25/07/2005, 9:47 AM
Great match. Our first half not so good but we got it together in the second half. Were lucky when 1-0 down as penalty 50/50 and some refs would have given it but overall swamped Limerick after that and deserved 2 goals. All players gave it 110% in second half but IMO man of the match was young James McCarthy who kept us in it during our poor spell. Warren and Jammer made a difference too when they came on

Just interested in the title ' Limerick win ' it may have looked like it for 70% of the game but a bit of luck and a belief after we equalised gave us the edge we were missing.

if we had drawn I would have accepted that as James kept us in the game when LFC were by far the better team. :)

gael353
25/07/2005, 2:40 PM
great game..the limerick fans...usually the big mouths of the board have said anything yet..there in hidding!! :D

LISTEN TO RAMS FAN terry he seems to be more mature then u and also we're not hiding its called WORK and some of us do, wait till u finish shcool and the world will look a whole lot bigger then lol

Lim till i die
25/07/2005, 2:44 PM
Jaysus, we won?! Didn't think I was that drunk. :D

terry9
25/07/2005, 8:19 PM
LISTEN TO RAMS FAN terry he seems to be more mature then u and also we're not hiding its called WORK and some of us do, wait till u finish shcool and the world will look a whole lot bigger then lol

you really are a fool... :rolleyes:

Like Eanna siad...keep it civil..or fcuk off..

Éanna
25/07/2005, 8:25 PM
back on topic, or this one gets locked too lads.
Éanna

claret&blue
25/07/2005, 10:39 PM
Enjoyed the game the other night another great result, roll on kildare. I was very impressed with the second half when all the supporters got behind the goal and the game lifted, it was brilliant, just watched it on Chorus and it looked great especially when John Meade scored the winner and the crowd and the players showed their passion. :)

terry9
25/07/2005, 11:03 PM
****..missed it,whens the repeat?

LFC in Exile
26/07/2005, 1:44 PM
I was at the game and didn't realsie until watching Chorus last night just how good McCarthy was for you. We had a shedload of chances but apart from his positioning for the Limerick goal he saved you big style.

Funny how Henderson quoted in the paper saying Limerick played long ball and Cobh played it around. Idiot. Maybe he should watch Chorus too - both Cobh goals from long lumps into the box - and the only other chances were launches to Brosnan. Ah well, delusion has never stopepd anyione being a football manager before. :rolleyes:

Éanna
26/07/2005, 1:45 PM
McCarthy sounds like a very handy keeper. He actually works next door to me, didn't realise it was the same fella until someone said it to me the other day. How good is he?

LFC in Exile
26/07/2005, 1:47 PM
McCarthy sounds like a very handy keeper. He actually works next door to me, didn't realise it was the same fella until someone said it to me the other day. How good is he?

He's good alright - looks a bit small except for his hands - either his gloves are three sizes too big or he is Edward Scissorhands. :)

Lim till i die
26/07/2005, 2:31 PM
Funny how Henderson quoted in the paper saying Limerick played long ball and Cobh played it around.

Of course Cobh played magnificant football, they've Zico on their team ;) :D

Seriously tho, was Henderson actually at the match, and if so was his back turned :confused:

terry9
26/07/2005, 5:14 PM
most people look good playing limerick... ;)

what a win..seen a couple of tears from the lims fans after the game.. :D

LFC in Exile
27/07/2005, 8:35 AM
Lads,

All joking aside you will have to do something about the kids at the games - they are so bloody annoying. There are groups of young fellas on their own(one young fella in the group annoying us said he was ten). I'm all for bringing kids along to matches and that but the place was like a creche. Allowing gangs of kids in unsupervised is just asking for trouble. :ball:

terry9
27/07/2005, 10:04 AM
well to be honest LFC you cant stop the kids coming in once they pay,but what do you expect when the pitch is in the midal of about 10 housibg estates??

but look at this this way,at least your cars have never been broken into or had damage done to them.

Lim till i die
27/07/2005, 2:10 PM
what a win..seen a couple of tears from the lims fans after the game.. :D

Tears :eek: I hope they bloody well weren't any of the lads I was travelling with :D