PDA

View Full Version : Time Dom. Foley gets the recognition he deserves...

ifk101
23/07/2005, 1:57 AM
Isnt it time Dominic Foley get the recognition he deserves. The lad has been class for Bohs all season.

sonofstan
23/07/2005, 8:52 AM
Dom, Dom, Super Dom, Super Dominic Foley .....Brilliant last night - hope the fact he went down in a heap after scoring the last minute winner isn't due to anything serious

pete
23/07/2005, 8:56 AM
Foley was sh!te last year but hes getting much better now. Scoring good goals & distribution is very good too.

thecorner
23/07/2005, 10:21 AM
foley is crap...gimme JP kelly anyday

pete
23/07/2005, 10:35 AM
foley is crap...gimme JP kelly anyday

JP Kelly is now on Bohs bench as been crap since Inter Toto game which i think is when Foley seemed to improve.

superfrank
23/07/2005, 10:41 AM
Joxer is good but Foley's been more consistent lately.

I was talking to a Bohs fan not too long ago and he thinks Foley's only been good sincethe Bray match. He did well when I saw in InterToto against Ghent.

sligoman
23/07/2005, 12:52 PM
Isnt it time Dominic Foley get the recognition he deserves. The lad has been class for Bohs all season.

I believe Bohemians have there own section on this site, maybe you would like to use it,:D.

In case you didn't see it, here it is http://foot.ie/forumdisplay.php?f=3
;).

Munchie
23/07/2005, 1:25 PM
give over sligo man!! foley had bad start 2 season but since the rovers game wen he scored he has been brilliant 4 us!! hes now r top goalscorer nd is unbeatable in the air!! im delighted 4 foley!!

Stevo Da Gull
23/07/2005, 2:40 PM
I think that Foley (the times I have seen him), has been on of the if not the best forward in the League this year. Distrubution, accuracy with his head and feet and consistant, a very good all-rounder as well. Candidate for Player Of The Year if he keeps on the way he's going.

BohDiddley
23/07/2005, 5:12 PM
I've said it since the start: Foley is pure class, in the air and on the ground. Great feet, brilliant reader of games, and super-motivator when other heads drop. Got stick from some numbskulls at the start, but has silenced the critics in the best way possible.
Have a close look at him sometime and watch how much ball he wins, and keeps, and how little running he does!

thecorner
23/07/2005, 5:29 PM
and how little running he does!

lazy fuker :D

dynamo kerry
23/07/2005, 5:42 PM
give over sligo man!! foley had bad start 2 season but since the rovers game wen he scored he has been brilliant 4 us!! hes now r top goalscorer nd is unbeatable in the air!! im delighted 4 foley!!

please desist in txt spk

I agree with you though(I think)

patsh
23/07/2005, 6:41 PM
This is the same Dominic Foley who had to put up with months of incredible abuse, name-calling, insults and ridicule from his suddenly converted most ardent fans now, is it?
Big pub fans, you just gotta laugh.....:rolleyes:

kenbo
23/07/2005, 9:54 PM
never liked the chap!! :)

BohsFans
24/07/2005, 2:59 AM
This is the same Dominic Foley who had to put up with months of incredible abuse, name-calling, insults and ridicule from his suddenly converted most ardent fans now, is it?
Big pub fans, you just gotta laugh.....:rolleyes:

No it's not the same Dominic Foley.

He didn't get near that much stick, talk about exaggerating

GavinZac
24/07/2005, 3:03 AM

do we need to search this board for quotes? or should we let you do it yourself so you're not proven wrong publicly?

GavinZac
24/07/2005, 3:24 AM
ok i was bored, ill start you off http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=24383&highlight=foley

also note the pat dolan desperation. :D

patsh
24/07/2005, 10:40 AM

You lot managed to delete all the anti-Foley threads from your message board.....:rolleyes:

The one or two sensible fans of the medium club were even giving out about the endless and incredible level of abuse directed at Foley. The guy doesn't even celebrate when he scores for you because of what he has had to put up with.

Big pub fans = the most fickle, arrogant bunch of tossers around....:rolleyes:

Slash/ED
24/07/2005, 2:13 PM

Hahahahahahahaha

Either you don't read Gypoweb or you have a very, very short memory. He was even getting abuse at games from fans too.

BohDiddley
24/07/2005, 3:36 PM
Living in the past Slash, are we? In the days when we weren't breathing down your sweaty necks? :D
I was one of those who argued that Foley needed time, and, even though some sought to lay all of our misfortunes at his door, most of the Bohs crowd were of the wait-and-see frame of mind. It's been a good while now since he's had any abuse: the last was from a lone idiot on our trip to Bray, and you could see every other Bohs fan at that match mentally rehearsing a lynching for that nonce.
If anyone cared to listen lately, they would realise that Domo is one of the few Bohs players to have his own chant -- all the sweeter since he earned it the hard way.
As for him not putting on a show when he scores, I don't know many people who go to EL football to watch goal celebrations. For me, it's refreshing how he quietly picks up the ball in the opposition's net and allows himself a discreet punch in the air.
Super-Domo Foley! :D

BohsFans
24/07/2005, 4:35 PM
ok i was bored, ill start you off http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=24383&highlight=foley

also note the pat dolan desperation. :D

Woh, you found 1 example of one idiot called dougdub who I've never even heard of before.
If you think I'm convinced that their was people abusing him that bad then your sadly wrong!

He did get some stick, which was probably deserved at the time, any other club would have done the same. He came on big wages and with a big reputation, 2 senior international goals with 6 caps.

Now I'd say he's the best all round stricker in the league and is getting the praise he deserves and the fact that other fans are bringing up things from the past and bother searching for posts from ages ago smacks of jealousy :)

Dom Dom Super Dom, Super Dominic Foley!!

BohsFans
24/07/2005, 4:40 PM
Hahahahahahahaha

Either you don't read Gypoweb

Are you rovers in disguise??

Slash/ED
24/07/2005, 5:09 PM
How fickle some people are, he's either sh*te or, if he scores a few goals, 'the best all round striker in the league'. Is there no middle ground? The truth about Foleys ability probably lies there if there is.

pete
24/07/2005, 7:27 PM
Sure Bohs fans were looking for Farrellys blood a couple of weeks ago & now hes the great saviour.

I know Cork City fans can be fickle but the big pub are by far the most fickle.

btw i do think Foley has high opinion of himself. Listening to his comments on the radio he talks about his 10 years of football culture abroad when i'd say the reality is that he was reserve team & occasional bench player.

Career Stats (http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=8982)

I was surprised to see hes 29. Thought he was younger.

Troy.McClure
24/07/2005, 7:33 PM
Havent been impressed any time Ive seen him (4ish maybe?). Good at laying off long balls but I remember a fan from one of the english teams that he used to play for saying that he was like Bambi on ice in front of goal and can go from magic to absymal. Ive seen him miss some sitters with his feet but credit to him for having a good header.

Id rather Denis Behan anyday :cool:

patsh
25/07/2005, 11:26 AM
Now I'd say he's the best all round stricker in the league and is getting the praise he deserves and the fact that other fans are bringing up things from the past and bother searching for posts from ages ago smacks of jealousy :)

http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1122289363

LukeO
25/07/2005, 12:07 PM
Sure Bohs fans were looking for Farrellys blood a couple of weeks ago & now hes the great saviour.

I know Cork City fans can be fickle but the big pub are by far the most fickle.

What about the langers booing Rico and calling for his head at the start of the season? They seem to be very quiet at the moment, don't they? The even started singing about Dolan to undermine him, and you have the cheek to have a go at a minority of Bohs fans. Get down off your high horse, the words pot, kettle and black come to mind. :rolleyes:

patsh
25/07/2005, 12:55 PM
the words pot, kettle and black come to mind. :rolleyes:
Those words always come to mind when one thinks of the big pub...:p

pete
25/07/2005, 1:10 PM
What about the langers booing Rico and calling for his head at the start of the season? They seem to be very quiet at the moment, don't they? The even started singing about Dolan to undermine him, and you have the cheek to have a go at a minority of Bohs fans. Get down off your high horse, the words pot, kettle and black come to mind. :rolleyes:

That was about 5 people from crowd of 3-4000. Those people are still there but been no censorship on club website forum. Why did Bohs delete old critical threads about Farrelly.

BohDiddley
25/07/2005, 2:55 PM
That was about 5 people from crowd of 3-4000. Those people are still there but been no censorship on club website forum. Why did Bohs delete old critical threads about Farrelly.
Hate to rain on the latest EL conspiracy theory, but AFAIK a lot of stuff (including my sign-on) got lost in an 'upgrade' by proboards. Do you seriously think that someone is going through old threads editing out inconvenient utterances by a few grumps? Does the paranoia not stop even when you're streets ahead in the league?
Incidentally, there were few, if any threads, critical of Farrelly. You may have seen one or two 'Farrelly Out' titles, but sometimes Big Club ;) irony is lost on others ...

patsh
25/07/2005, 3:20 PM
Big Club irony is lost on others ...
The most ironic irony of all, yet completely lost on big pubbers......

BohDiddley
25/07/2005, 3:25 PM
You just can't help it, can you? How many of these ;) do you need? :D

pete
25/07/2005, 4:29 PM
You just can't help it, can you? How many of these ;) do you need? :D

3. ;) ;) ;)