PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers Video Footage

garykelly
22/07/2005, 4:04 PM
The trust are looking into compiling video footage of Rovers games , highlights, etc onto dvd. To this end I would like to ask if anyone (or anyone you know of) has video footage of anything Sligo Rovers, that they are willing to lend to the trust for a brief period. All footage loaned would be returned without delay with a no risk guarantee of losing/damaging/mishandling items borrowed. It would be great to hear from anyone, as the more footage we can get in the better we can make which would effectively be a highlights reel.

cheers.

Rory H
23/07/2005, 12:07 PM
i have the fai cup final 94....recorded on video...cant watch it cos i dont have a vcr anymore...you are welcome to see if it still works

sligoman
23/07/2005, 12:21 PM
i have the fai cup final 94....recorded on video

I think I have that too, but I'd have to search for it :o

Rory H
23/07/2005, 12:22 PM
i found the "they think its all over" season review of 95

and the programme from cup final....

sligoman
23/07/2005, 12:25 PM
If you contact the club Gary, I'm sure they have some footage of previous games they'd be able to lend to the trust ;)

Soper
23/07/2005, 12:33 PM
I think I have a full video of the away match versus Brugge from '94 somewhere.I'll see if I can find it.

1 9 2 8
23/07/2005, 12:45 PM
Goals Vs Shels in the cup (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim.garvey/season03/Shelbourne.htm)

ali2005
23/07/2005, 1:05 PM
i have the fai cup final 94....recorded on video...cant watch it cos i dont have a vcr anymore...you are welcome to see if it still works

I have that as well............. somewhere

redman
24/07/2005, 11:15 AM
I have the full FAI cup final from 1983. Got it from RTE about 7 or 8 years ago so the quality should be OK.

Also have copy of Brugge game from 1994. My brother in law had it taped for him out there so the commentary is in Belgian or something!

May also have news clip from RTE news day after 1994 cup final when Rovers were at mansion house.....remember when Derry didn't turn up!!!

LondonRover
24/07/2005, 11:41 AM
Is the plan to sell this DVD as a fund raiser or something? That'd be a great idea - I could imagine it selling well.
There was a skite of footage on the old sligorovers.net site - could ye get hold of any of that? It had 83/94 cup finals, Bruges, 94 semi etc

garykelly
24/07/2005, 11:44 AM
The first aim is to produce a highlight reel for an official trust launch night. And if the dvd was of high enough quality then maybe it would be an idea to sell it. Credits can be given to those who contribute footage to it. Wud be good to get as comprehensive as possible.

thanks to everyone who's helping out. I'll contact everyone when the time to produce this comes around. thanks all.

showgies
25/07/2005, 8:12 AM
I would have quite a bit of Rovers taped from the TV over the years (late 80's onwords).........but it would be great to get some of the home footage from the treble winning year.........I know Rovers had a camera at most games that year

SRFC Head
25/07/2005, 12:28 PM
I'd fire a mail to the rte archives dept if there is such a thing, they had alot of camera's there in the early 90's especally in some of the cup runs. They used to build their own wee platform and all...