Friday 22nd (All 19:45)

Wexford v Waterford
Galway v Bray
Cobh v Cork

Saturday 23rd

Longford v Treaty 19:30

sbgawa
19/04/2022, 11:46 AM
Will Shels show up in Dundalk in their traveling Willburys mode (good on the road) or in their Tolka park mode?
Bohs v Rovers a game decided by 1 goal and whoever wants it most....hopefully thats us.
Derry might be vulnerable after a bad weekend and UCD need a win badly , looks unlikely but you never know.

If Wexford beat Waterford could that be the end of Ian Morris? In all likelihood they will be 12 points behind Cork and facing an entire season of playing to finish in the top 5.....

El-Pietro
20/04/2022, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't presume we'll win in Cobh. We're undoubtedly better than they are, but about half their team are ex City players and they always tend to raise their game against us. We should be favourites and we could end up winning comfortably but this is the kind of fixture we could trip up in.

PartySaint
20/04/2022, 1:11 PM
Nothing less than a win is good enough for us on Friday before Derry come to town the following week and then we go up to the Brandywell 10 days later.

If Harps come and sit deep it'll be a struggle to break them down as we've struggled with this all season. A few early goals would be nice.

mackend6
20/04/2022, 1:37 PM
A point would be lovely but like most weeks - will be results elsewhere which will dictate if we have a good weekend or not.

Is Bohs/Rovers on tele?

Glen Of Aherlow
20/04/2022, 1:46 PM
Forrester spending a bit more time in the opposition half would be a help , he's way too deep in games .

Jack B
21/04/2022, 12:52 AM
Interesting to hear some of the stuff Clancy said in his interview with the club earlier, sort of alluding that he isn't completely happy with the squad and will look to bring in "a few" in the summer and has had words with Ben McCormack about his output in training, which would make sense given his lack of game time. Hopefully it's the kind of motivation those there will need, at the moment it feels like nothing less than 3 points will be accepted on Friday but given how underwhelming we've been it's mad to think that'll still have us in 3rd.

DCSIL
21/04/2022, 1:03 PM
UCD looked alright at the Bowl(On TV). They're no pushovers and hope we realise that tommorow.

First home game of the season for me.

brendy_éire
21/04/2022, 3:43 PM
UCD looked alright at the Bowl(On TV). They're no pushovers and hope we realise that tommorow.

They won't be, but we really should be beating UCD. Not that I think it was ever a real possibility, but any chance of having a title race this season was gone by Monday night. It will be interesting to see how we respond from the weekend. Now that any illusions finishing first are out, will the heads go down a bit, or does it maybe even relieve a wee bit of pressure off them?

I'd imagine that we'll see four home wins the Premier, with the Dalymount game being more of a toss up.

Martinho II
21/04/2022, 7:46 PM
Is Tim Clancy fully qualified to manage as according to article in Irish Sun yesterday they said Alan Mathews was their manager!

D24Saint
21/04/2022, 7:52 PM
Is Tim Clancy fully qualified to manage as according to article in Irish Sun yesterday they said Alan Mathews was their manager!

Id be fairly certain that he has his badges and is officially manager.

Longfordian
21/04/2022, 8:43 PM
I believe AM is now Technical Director and Handshake Co-ordinator.

Jack B
21/04/2022, 9:48 PM

He either has a pro licence or is in the process of receiving one, which in either case fulfills the criteria rather than a SOD situation. Matthews definitely isn't "manager" anymore.

LOI101
22/04/2022, 1:42 PM
He either has a pro licence or is in the process of receiving one, which in either case fulfills the criteria rather than a SOD situation. Matthews definitely isn't "manager" anymore.

He's on the current course which fulfills the criteria as you've said

oriel
22/04/2022, 2:18 PM
Vito from the Sopranos making his debut in Oriel Park tonight, he has a gig on in the town.

Longfordian
22/04/2022, 2:41 PM
Lay on the johnny cakes. He might have gotten a game last year.

Calcio Jack
22/04/2022, 5:57 PM
Vito from the Sopranos making his debut in Oriel Park tonight, he has a gig on in the town.

Suggest the stadium announcer plays/dedicates to him Bob Dylan’s

´ Whats a sweetheart like you doing in a dump like this’
:cool:

The Bowler
22/04/2022, 6:08 PM
Not sure UCD were great to be honest, like all their performances this year, no chance of retaining possession when you simply bog it away from the back every time you get it. A distinct lack of footballing ambition under this regime, was the same last year but teams have wised up to it now and know its being pumped long into the channel every time. The lack of ambition to play goes so against the culture at UCD. Last week Pats were awful and got giftwr two freebies. Sort of fancy Harps might get something at Pats this week if the same Pats turns up

SeanDrog
22/04/2022, 7:21 PM
Poor UCD getting Derrys black lash after last weekends results 4-0 already … long night ahead

pineapple stu
22/04/2022, 7:31 PM
5-0 now. And we're wearing some manky green and orange kit.

At least Harps are losing.

Poor Student
22/04/2022, 7:34 PM

Memories of 10-1 in Dalymount.....mind you we scored the best goal of the night.

pineapple stu
22/04/2022, 7:40 PM
Yeah, was hoping no-one would mention that!

Makes you wonder at how Cork, Galway and Waterford are in the First Division to see us and Longford in the last couple of years (and I'm including how well Longford have started this season in that)

pineapple stu
22/04/2022, 8:11 PM
Ha!

Take that Derry. No-one beats us 7-0*, as Bohs found out that time.

* - well, except for those couple of times we lost 7-0

SeanDrog
22/04/2022, 8:16 PM
All results going Drogs way tonight - hopefully we can capitalise tomorrow

joey B
22/04/2022, 8:18 PM
All results going Drogs way tonight - hopefully we can capitalise tomorrow

Drogheda have zero to worry about,we’re hopeless and UCD are the same….

Jack B
22/04/2022, 8:51 PM
Thought we were as good as we've been this season for about an hour (with Harps aiding us granted) until Harps ball kicked in and the game was a foul-laden mess for half an hour.

D24Saint
22/04/2022, 8:56 PM
Scrappy enough affair overall. We had the better of the first half and had some impressive attacking moves. The last half hour of the game was a mess , nothing but niggly fouling. It’s great to get the three points but I don’t really enjoy watching us this season so far. We are definitely a work in progress.

Nesta99
22/04/2022, 8:57 PM

UCD looked very Donegal in that strip tonight, Harps also in green shirts - thats some common ground!

I generally dislike any focus o referees after a game but jaysus it was ropey stuff in Oriel. Im very glad Dundalk went 2-1 up straight after that 'peno'. Yellows and reds were soft too but when on a yellow and ye tug back a jersey its a booking even if there is a man covering. Duff should have more experience than to mouth his way t a second yellow though. Hard to see Bradley sending off but f he did kick out then you are giving the ref the chance for some more attention.

1st half was really dull. Second half flew by.

Calcio Jack
22/04/2022, 8:57 PM
Excellent win for Rovers against an albeit limited Bohs team - could of easily scored more in what was our easiest outing in years against them

placid casual
22/04/2022, 9:22 PM
"We would just like to take this opportunity to thank our feeder club for their willingness to be so accommodating".

PartySaint
22/04/2022, 9:46 PM
Better from Pats tonight up until the second goal, the game got a bit sloppy after that with all the changes being made. We have to stick with a midfield 3 of Forrester, O’Reilly and McCormack from now on.

Big game against Derry next week which should bring another big crowd of 4,000+, looked like over 3,000 there tonight.

DCSIL
22/04/2022, 9:57 PM
UCD were awful in the first half - everything that could go wrong did - but Derry were just sublime and kept going. Could well have been 9 at least.

Much harder game next week, Pats away is always oh **** for me but will see what happens.

Yossarian
22/04/2022, 11:18 PM
UCD looked very Donegal in that strip tonight, Harps also in green shirts - thats some common ground!

I generally dislike any focus o referees after a game but jaysus it was ropey stuff in Oriel. Im very glad Dundalk went 2-1 up straight after that 'peno'. Yellows and reds were soft too but when on a yellow and ye tug back a jersey its a booking even if there is a man covering. Duff should have more experience than to mouth his way t a second yellow though. Hard to see Bradley sending off but f he did kick out then you are giving the ref the chance for some more attention.

Bradley was getting pulled and grabbed the whole way across the pitch and eventually McLaughlin blew for a foul but the two players ended up on the ground and Bradley definitely had a kick at him. I was hoping it wasn’t seen and McLaughlin missed it but the linesman didn’t. Couldn’t complain with the red really.

It was funny seeing Duff losing his cool but Shels reacted better in the second half. We were poor enough overall so delighted to come away with the points.

sbgawa
22/04/2022, 11:21 PM
Bohs were very poor 2 nil.at half time flattered them. About as comfortable derby as there has been in many a year
008 must be under serious pressure now but hopefully lambert who managed to get himself a full time job in bohs when his hospitality business was in freefall will sit tight. Bohs are a joke these days to a point where I feel sorry for the actual football fans there who aren't in the right on woke movement

LOI101
23/04/2022, 12:07 AM

I don’t think anyone left happy with the ref although wouldn’t have complaints with the cards. The drama made up for the lack of quality from both sides. Can’t really argue with the result with Dundalk finishing their chances and us not doing the same.

The thing that annoyed me most is the having to hang around after the game for “several minutes” as the announcer put it. Hemmed in by Gardai and stewards. Its not just Dundalk that do this. Happens away fans at Tolka too. I’ve a bee in my bonnet about how games are policed. Searched going into Tolka on Monday. Getting fed up with it. Much easier to go to the pub or the cinema on a Friday night instead of being made to feel like a criminal for going to a match. Maybe I’m getting too sensitive in my old age.

trevy
23/04/2022, 6:42 AM
If all fans behaved themselves and didn't bring flares and smokebombs into games there would be no need for those security measures. Unfortunately they are needed to try avoid further incidents like we have seen in last year or so.
I thought a Derry fan said UCD would be no pushovers yesterday?

Nesta99
23/04/2022, 6:59 AM
I don’t think anyone left happy with the ref although wouldn’t have complaints with the cards. The drama made up for the lack of quality from both sides. Can’t really argue with the result with Dundalk finishing their chances and us not doing the same.

The thing that annoyed me most is the having to hang around after the game for “several minutes” as the announcer put it. Hemmed in by Gardai and stewards. Its not just Dundalk that do this. Happens away fans at Tolka too. I’ve a bee in my bonnet about how games are policed. Searched going into Tolka on Monday. Getting fed up with it. Much easier to go to the pub or the cinema on a Friday night instead of being made to feel like a criminal for going to a match. Maybe I’m getting too sensitive in my old age.

Doesnt seem a life time ago when going in to shops or cinema in Northern Ireland you got searched so maybe I just accept it more than I should at games. But as said if there was no need it wouldnt be done. While not in your face being constantly on camera in in pubs or cinema doesnt appeal either. Tolka and Oriel exits are both on the same side of the ground so presumably the main reason for staggering the exit of fans. Where'd be the point of segregation in the grounds and then allowing fans to mix immediately after in big numbers.

The Bowler
23/04/2022, 8:14 AM
And despite being complete muck all year, playing a shocking brand of ball, there is every chance of finishing 9th. The Finn Harps team are as bad as I've seen in recent memory and Ollie may struggle to pull off his annual miracle this time around

Kiki Balboa
23/04/2022, 8:17 AM
Shels are the Dublin version of Harps.

LOI101
23/04/2022, 8:48 AM
Doesnt seem a life time ago when going in to shops or cinema in Northern Ireland you got searched so maybe I just accept it more than I should at games. But as said if there was no need it wouldnt be done. While not in your face being constantly on camera in in pubs or cinema doesnt appeal either. Tolka and Oriel exits are both on the same side of the ground so presumably the main reason for staggering the exit of fans. Where'd be the point of segregation in the grounds and then allowing fans to mix immediately after in big numbers.

Conversely the entrances are on the same side of the ground yet there was no problem mixing on the way in. While you might be on camera in the pub or cinema you’re not held there against your will unless the wife brings you to a ****e film that she wanted to see.

To elaborate on the main reason you’ve suggested. The main and obvious reason is that it is assumed that fans of both teams can’t behave in a responsible or law abiding manner if let out on the road at the same time. There is an assumption that you are or could be a criminal just because you go to a match. It’s not for me anymore. Never thought I’d miss the days of a few hundred people at a first division match in Tolka. Queue jokes that I won’t have to miss them for much longer.

lofty9
23/04/2022, 9:58 AM
Shels are the Dublin version of Harps.

Don't know who'd be more offended!

Nesta99
23/04/2022, 11:39 AM
Conversely the entrances are on the same side of the ground yet there was no problem mixing on the way in. While you might be on camera in the pub or cinema you’re not held there against your will unless the wife brings you to a ****e film that she wanted to see.

To elaborate on the main reason you’ve suggested. The main and obvious reason is that it is assumed that fans of both teams can’t behave in a responsible or law abiding manner if let out on the road at the same time. There is an assumption that you are or could be a criminal just because you go to a match. It’s not for me anymore. Never thought I’d miss the days of a few hundred people at a first division match in Tolka. Queue jokes that I won’t have to miss them for much longer.

By that logic there should never be any policing, on streets, at events or where ever. Im sure clubs would be quite happy to open the gates and not have to pay for policing or stewarding but they have to due to the tiny minority who cant behave. Just imagine the outrage if Shels fans encountered a single Dundalk scumbag who injured shels fans in the few thousand leaving the ground - there would be more than just yerself thinking of not returning. I myself prefer to see competent stewarding and policing at any event and would be encouraged to return then.

I agree it doesnt make a whole lot of sense for fans mixing heading to the ground except that maybe there hasnt been a match incident to get people riled up. No matter where a game is on there is always going to be a point where fans have to mix as segregation is impractical eg pubs away from the ground or the Dart on the way to Landsdowne. Whatever about the wife and the cinema, i'd say never take a girlfriend to see a film you actually want to watch.....

DCSIL
23/04/2022, 12:41 PM
Read it in the paper some idiots causing trouble at Bohs - Rovers, any views?

joey B
23/04/2022, 1:25 PM
That Bohs OG last night,holy god it was bad…

Nesta99
23/04/2022, 2:40 PM
Read it in the paper some idiots causing trouble at Bohs - Rovers, any views?

Less security...

brendy_éire
23/04/2022, 3:46 PM
UCD were awful in the first half - everything that could go wrong did - but Derry were just sublime and kept going. Could well have been 9 at least.

UCD were dreadful. Such poor defending, even if some of our play was great.
It really could have been more, but we took it handier in the second half.

FWIW, I really liked UCD's away top. I did notice that both keepers were wearing purple tops of the same colour, probably should have been made to change.

D24Saint
23/04/2022, 4:31 PM
Harp owe us a new dugout after they cynically vandalised our current one ;) A replacement like the one in the Nou Camp will suffice as recompense.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamstime.com%2Fstock-image-football-dugout-image20936861&psig=AOvVaw3p1lKB5C-hJvb7FODTXD6c&ust=1650817747152000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAwQjRxqFwoTCJD-473NqvcCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

pineapple stu
23/04/2022, 4:34 PM
That Bohs OG last night,holy god it was bad…

Pics or it didn't happen?

Martinho II
23/04/2022, 4:40 PM
Had to laugh at Damien Duff being sent off. He never got sent off as a player ever. I always thought when he played that he was calm and kind .Wonder is it that mgt doestnt suit him? Heard there was flares thrown onto the pitch good thing Dublin derby wasnt on RTE.

joey B
23/04/2022, 4:49 PM
Pics or it didn't happen?

https://mobile.twitter.com/brencelt/status/1517586648657235969