PDA

View Full Version : LSL transfer news

The benchwarmer
22/07/2005, 9:51 AM
So anyone out there got any LSL transfer gossip?

Bits and pieces I have heard are : Darren Meade has left Belgrove for the big spenders at Mount Merrion.. Sean O'Connor has taken the step up from Crumlin to St Pats in the Eircom League.

Kingdom
22/07/2005, 3:42 PM
Don't know anything of the Darren Meade move but it would be a bad one in my opinion. Aren't Mount Merrion a few divisions below Belgrove?

The benchwarmer
25/07/2005, 8:23 AM
Indeed they are but money talks!! If what I am hearing is to be believed he is being paid silly money to play 1A football.

Belgrove have also lost Paul Whitmarsh to UCD so there will be a brand new strikeforce this season with only Graham Dunning remaining from last seasons team.

Anto McC
29/07/2005, 5:25 PM
Don't know anything of the Darren Meade move but it would be a bad one in my opinion. Aren't Mount Merrion a few divisions below Belgrove?

Mount Merrion are but they have a great squad,loads of money and are improving all the time.

Andy Doolin has gone to Kilkenny City from Liffey Wanderers(they finished 2nd to Mount Merrion in the league)

drummerboy
02/08/2005, 3:32 PM
I see Paul Whitmarsh has left UCD, has he gone back to Belgrove?

The benchwarmer
03/08/2005, 8:11 AM
Hi Drummerboy

He's not back at Belgrove - I think he is just injured - damaged kneecap. I believe it is only a short term contract at UCD though as due to work committments he is due to move down the country shortly.

One or two top players have been training with Belgrove during pre season Paul Devlin, John O'Neill etc. Rocky O'B seems to have built an even stronger squad than Tony Doyle. Looking at a first team squad of at least 24 players - keeping them all happy is the hard part.

jorge
03/08/2005, 5:16 PM
is John o'neill leaving Wayside :(

drummerboy
10/08/2005, 3:40 PM
I see Austin “Ossie” Skelly has left Malahide and joined John Gilll at Athlone

The benchwarmer
10/08/2005, 4:47 PM
Ossie is clocking up a fair few miles as Glebe North have been telling all and sundry that he had signed for them!!

Not long now until kick off.

drummerboy
11/08/2005, 9:20 AM
Hi Benchwarmer

How are things panning out down at Belgrove with Rocky. Heard you have a huge squad. Are you playing in St Pauls yet?

The benchwarmer
11/08/2005, 1:51 PM
Things are good Drummerboy, thanks for asking.

At present the squad is indeed huge but from the outside looking in, the hardest part will be keeping all the players happy as arguably 25 players could be considered as good enough for the first team squad. The only departures have been Meadey and Whippy and Rocky has added 5 or 6 new players including 3 or 4 of his former Bangor charges. My source in the squad tells me that confidence is high and a lot of is to do with the attitude of the new gaffer who all of the squad have taken to.

To clarify something I said earlier in the thread, I was told John O Neill did train with the squad for a couple of sessions but has since decided it was not for him and has signed back for Wayside.

The clubs committee must be quietly confident that their two year barren spell without a trophy is soon at an end.

Home games will be in Whitehall again this season and probably next as well as there has been no movement on the home ground situation.

drummerboy
15/08/2005, 11:58 AM
Things are good Drummerboy, thanks for asking.

Home games will be in Whitehall again this season and probably next as well as there has been no movement on the home ground situation.

Read somewhere on this forum that Dublin City were moving back to Whitehall before the end of this season.Shouldn't really bother Belgrove though, I'm sure pitch can take a game every week.

Glad to hear things going well.

drummerboy
19/08/2005, 2:33 PM
I see Liffey Wanderers have re-signed Andy Doolan and AN Other back from Kilkenny.

Is Keith Bruen the first casulty of Rocky O’Brien’s reign and Belgrove?

The benchwarmer
19/08/2005, 4:17 PM
Hadn't heard about Bruens departure Drummerboy, let me check it out. I did hear Darren Meade played for Belgrove in their defeat to Bray Wanderers last weekend, so he must be back.

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 9:57 AM
Paul Whitmarsh looks to be returning to Belgrove from UCD once he recovers from his fractured kneecap.

Kingdom
20/08/2005, 10:52 AM
Hadn't heard about Bruens departure Drummerboy, let me check it out. I did hear Darren Meade played for Belgrove in their defeat to Bray Wanderers last weekend, so he must be back.

There was an article in the Star on Tuesday about the Leinster Senior League, rating each of the sides etc and on the transfers out neither Meade nor Witmarsh were transferred........

The benchwarmer
22/08/2005, 8:29 AM
Bruen is definitely gone but Meade is back. Haven't heard about Whitmarsh coming back but that would be a huge surprise if he did.

drummerboy
25/08/2005, 10:40 AM
Karl Gannon (ex-Waterford, Shamrock Rovers) made his debut for Drumcondra last night in a 4-1 victory over Trinity.