PDA

View Full Version : Bus to Dublin City game - Thurs 28th July Kick-Off 7.45pm

garykelly
21/07/2005, 8:31 PM
At the trust meeting tonight we've decided to go ahead and book the bus for next Thursday to go support the lads at the Dublin City game. The game will be in Richmond Park. We are going to book a 50 seater bus and this trip can be made financially feasible if a minimum of 20 people go. So all that remains is for people to decide whether to go or not next week. Alternative sitting at home watching rapid tele text :D

We'll try advertise as much as possible but as always word of mouth is always the best form of getting info out there so spread the word to anyone you might think is interested in going to the game. It's games like these where supporters are needed so hopefully the response will be good.

Bus will be leaving at 3.30pm from The Showgrounds. Sorry to post another thread on this but just want to ensure it's get noticed by all.

redrov2005
21/07/2005, 8:43 PM
IMO a 4-00 departure is leaving it a little tight to make it to Richmond Park.

sligoman
21/07/2005, 10:59 PM
At the trust meeting tonight we've decided to go ahead and book the bus for next Thursday to go support the lads at the Dublin City game. The game will be in Richmond Park. We are going to book a 50 seater bus and this trip can be made financially feasible if a minimum of 20 people go. So all that remains is for people to decide whether to go or not next week. Alternative sitting at home watching rapid tele text :D

We'll try advertise as much as possible but as always word of mouth is always the best form of getting info out there so spread the word to anyone you might think is interested in going to the game. It's games like these where supporters are needed so hopefully the response will be good.

Bus will be leaving at 4pm from The Showgrounds. Sorry to post another thread on this but just want to ensure it's get noticed by all.

Does all that mean it's definetely going(regardless of the amount of bookings) Gary? :confused:

roversforever
21/07/2005, 11:13 PM
do any of ye people work?am i the only one that has to miss games during the week because of work! :(

sligoman
21/07/2005, 11:14 PM
am i the only one that has to miss games during the week because of work! :(

YES! :D.

garykelly
22/07/2005, 8:41 AM
Does all that mean it's definetely going(regardless of the amount of bookings) Gary? :confused:

yeah well hopefully we'd get enough to go. like all we need is 20 at 20 a head really to make it feasible. so hopefully at least 20 of us will be going. otherwise would be hefty enough to cover .

I know of about 8 so far who are going. So spread the word lads.

garykelly
22/07/2005, 8:53 AM
IMO a 4-00 departure is leaving it a little tight to make it to Richmond Park.

well we wanted to give everyone a chance to be able to go. some people finish work at 4, some at 5. so amount of time to be taken off is minimal. game is on at 7:45pm and a straight run should be 3 hrs. worst case scenario would be arriving just b4 kick-off. going to athlone was a tad delayed too but we got there just in time.

4 sharp is the departure time. i.e everyone on bus and gone.

sligoman
22/07/2005, 2:04 PM
I know of about 8 so far who are going. So spread the word lads.

I know someone else who will be pm'ing you tonight to book a seat ;)

sligoman
23/07/2005, 10:45 PM
Did you receive any/many bookings tonight at the match Gary? Is it likely to be going?

redman
24/07/2005, 11:58 AM
Gary how much is the bus on thursday?

I have a lift organised for friday back from Dublin to Sligo.

I was considering taking my 2 children on thursday on the bus.

garykelly
24/07/2005, 12:19 PM
taken a few more bookings. the bus will be 15euro for adults based on more than 20 adults. for young kids we'll keep it cheaper than that. I'd say ten euro for two kids. We dont want to make it too dear for families to go.

So maybe:-

Adults : € 15
* Kids : € 5
U-18's : €10

* accompanied by an Adult

Also bus leaving at 3.30pm and not 4 as previously stated. So far pickup points are Mooney's, Collooney, Drumfin, and maybe Castlebaldwin. (awaiting feedback)

ali2005
24/07/2005, 1:22 PM
Would like to go but im going away

feo123
25/07/2005, 1:58 PM
Also bus leaving at 3.30pm and not 4 as previously stated. So far pickup points are Mooney's, Collooney, Drumfin, and maybe Castlebaldwin. (awaiting feedback)[/QUOTE]
is mooneys the place that used to be harloes accross from the showgrounds?? :confused:

gustavo
25/07/2005, 2:17 PM
yeah it is feo123

sligoman
25/07/2005, 6:16 PM
How many bookings are their now Gary? Will it definetely be going? I need to know soon cos if it's not then I'll have to try and get another way up ;)

redman
25/07/2005, 8:24 PM
Gary thanks for the info on prices etc but we have now decided to drive up to the match.

garykelly
25/07/2005, 10:33 PM
How many bookings are their now Gary? Will it definetely be going? I need to know soon cos if it's not then I'll have to try and get another way up ;)

sligoman, bus is definitely going so nobody needs to worry. around 20 going at the last count.

garykelly
25/07/2005, 10:33 PM
Gary thanks for the info on prices etc but we have now decided to drive up to the match.

no probs redman, pity ur driving but enjoy the game.

sligoman
25/07/2005, 10:36 PM
sligoman, bus is definitely going so nobody needs to worry. around 20 going at the last count.

Ok, thanks Gary ;)

deecay
27/07/2005, 6:19 PM
Great. sligoman is going. im so happy :( :D

Mayo Red
27/07/2005, 9:24 PM
Headin up on the train from Galway, come on the Rovers! :)

sligoman
27/07/2005, 11:21 PM
Great. sligoman is going. im so happy :( :D

Yes it is great that sligoman is going deecay so you better watch yourself ;)

Rory H
29/07/2005, 11:49 AM
did the trip go well then[apart from result]?

garykelly
29/07/2005, 1:05 PM
trip went ok save for nearly an hour trying to leave dublin. waiting for a 2nd bus driver. wasnt our fault though and the company will be hearing about it today. good crowd on the bus. Sean Connor came on the bus after the game to say thanks for the support.

feo123
29/07/2005, 5:26 PM
Great craic on the bus.... hopefully another one to Galway!!??

Rory H
30/07/2005, 9:50 AM
trip went ok save for nearly an hour trying to leave dublin. waiting for a 2nd bus driver. wasnt our fault though and the company will be hearing about it today. good crowd on the bus. Sean Connor came on the bus after the game to say thanks for the support.

that was a very nice touch

Da Real Rover
30/07/2005, 10:18 AM
that was a very nice touch
I agree with ya there, could ya imagine DOR doing that. What ever ya say about the man hes fast becoming a legend.