PDA

View Full Version : 400 Club rubbish Gill rumours

Bald Student
21/07/2005, 4:58 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0721/shamrockrovers.html

I don't mean to pick on a small point but should this headline not correctly read "Shamrock Rovers rubbish Gill rumours". No other club statements are refered to as coming from the owners as opposed to the club. Are RTE not fully recognising the new ownership of SRFC or am I just being pedantic?

Sheridan
21/07/2005, 5:27 PM
Nope, bombastic, long-winded press releases are the exclusive preserve of the 400 club.

Wonder who advised Giller not to take the Athlone job the other day? :confused: :rolleyes:

WeAreRovers
21/07/2005, 5:57 PM
Nope, bombastic, long-winded press releases are the exclusive preserve of the 400 club.

Wonder who advised Giller not to take the Athlone job the other day? :confused: :rolleyes:

You're one very bitter chap when it comes to Rovers, aren't you? "Bombastic" and "long-winded" seem to be your code for "informative" and "genuine attempt to communicate with the fans."

You're forgetting that we've just seen off a corrupt and incompetent regime, one of whose hallmarks was a total lack of communication. The 400 Club has taken a decison to inform the membership and general fanbase regularly. Sorry if this bugs you.

And you used a rolleyes smiley. :rolleyes:

KOH

Sheridan
21/07/2005, 6:33 PM
You're one very bitter chap when it comes to Rovers, aren't you?
Tell me, how is life at 221b Baker Street?

"Bombastic" and "long-winded" seem to be your code for "informative" and "genuine attempt to communicate with the fans."

You're forgetting that we've just seen off a corrupt and incompetent regime, one of whose hallmarks was a total lack of communication. The 400 Club has taken a decison to inform the membership and general fanbase regularly. Sorry if this bugs you.
A characteristic peculiar to many revolutionaries is the assimilation of traits exhibited by their erstwhile adversaries (in this case, disingenuousness and misdirection.) Behold:
However, 400 Club chairman Jonathan Roche has insisted Collins' job is safe. "The 400 Club Trustees have complete faith in Roddy’s ability to guide Rovers to Premier Division safety. If anyone is up to the job, it has to be Roddy Collins." Also, the use of the word "unfounded" is, well, unfounded.

And you used a rolleyes smiley. :rolleyes:
I'm allowed to because I don't operate on the wrong end of a comprehension deficit.

Ringo
21/07/2005, 8:36 PM
``The 400 Club Trustees have complete faith in Roddy's ability to guide Rovers to Premier Division safety,'' says 400 Club chair Jonathan Roche. ``If anyone is up to the job, it has to be Roddy Collins.

Their getting ready to shaft him :D

Bet he jumps first ;)

Battery Rover
21/07/2005, 10:28 PM
Well hopefully there is no truth in it as he has been made manager of us tonight.

Ringo
21/07/2005, 11:03 PM
Well hopefully there is no truth in it as he has been made manager of us tonight.
You've got a great manager, hope it won't haunt us ;)

Billy Lord
22/07/2005, 12:38 AM
Sheridan: the word 'unfounded' means 'without foundation'. Surely that's a simple enough for you to comprehend?

Sheridan
22/07/2005, 12:48 AM
Sheridan: the word 'unfounded' means 'without foundation'. Surely that's a simple enough for you to comprehend?
:confused:

OneRedArmy
22/07/2005, 2:22 AM

Bitter cause Rovers have four times as many owners as CHF have fans.......

Come on Sligo!!!!!!