PDA

View Full Version : Broke myself laughing at Glentorian fan

SeanDrog
21/07/2005, 8:21 AM
on the 81st min of the match as shels keeper was about to kick the ball out the crap RTE sound systems picked up one Geltorian voice roaring (as clear as day) at the keeper - "you fenian b*****d" - I'm sure others watching TV heard this.

What century are these lads living in - fenians :D :D :D :D :D

They really do live in the past.

After the hysterics I did feel a bit of pity for what would appear to be the majority of the Glens fans who seem alright as this one guy really showed their club up on tv.

speedking
21/07/2005, 8:29 AM
Yeah heard that alright... The same guy was shouting "ye Ahhh Orrr Ayyy bwasard ye" a couple of minutes before hand. He sounded like he had just drank two bottles of vodka or something.

Thought it was very funny. :D

fosterdollar
21/07/2005, 8:43 AM
A guy with a Dublin accent was shouting "who's your daddy" in a baseball kind of way at the Glens keeper when he was taking kickouts. Liked that one myself.

Terry
21/07/2005, 8:46 AM
did anyone see the shels fan been lead out by the gardai? What was that all about? They had to stop play and everything for it!!!

Eire06
21/07/2005, 8:48 AM
did anyone see the shels fan been lead out by the gardai? What was that all about? They had to stop play and everything for it!!!
Saw that, the camera just showed one fella walking out with 2 Gardai, didn't look like anything major...
Didn't think they stopped play for it :o

Pablo
21/07/2005, 8:55 AM
on the 81st min of the match as shels keeper was about to kick the ball out the crap RTE sound systems picked up one Geltorian voice roaring (as clear as day) at the keeper - "you fenian b*****d" - I'm sure others watching TV heard this.

What century are these lads living in - fenians :D :D :D :D :D

They really do live in the past.

After the hysterics I did feel a bit of pity for what would appear to be the majority of the Glens fans who seem alright as this one guy really showed their club up on tv.

heard that alright.

it really is a different world up there. you have to feel sorry young children are born into that bigotry

pete
21/07/2005, 9:24 AM
A guy with a Dublin accent was shouting "who's your daddy" in a baseball kind of way at the Glens keeper when he was taking kickouts. Liked that one myself.

I thought that was funny too although i thought was a Glens fan shouting at Delaney...

:confused:

Terry
21/07/2005, 9:35 AM
Saw that, the camera just showed one fella walking out with 2 Gardai, didn't look like anything major...
Didn't think they stopped play for it :o

The linesman pointed it out to the ref.

Drumcondra Red
21/07/2005, 9:40 AM

Some idiot threw aglass bottle on the pitch, I think

EnDai
21/07/2005, 9:40 AM
He threw a glass bottle at a Glentoran player. Scumbag.

Credit to the crowd, all you saw immediately afterwards were tonnes of hands pointing at him as the culprit. Immediately led away.

Again, scumbag!

fosterdollar
21/07/2005, 9:49 AM
I thought that was funny too although i thought was a Glens fan shouting at Delaney...

:confused:
Maybe it was. It was looking to the right in the second half so it must have been actually. Could have sworn it was a dublin accent. With some of the stuff that goes on in the stands at extra-league games i wouldn't be surprised if it was a 'Shels fan'. Anyway, funny either way.

CuanaD
21/07/2005, 10:09 AM

Was that from the riverside stand, near the new stand end? If so, someone had (we thought) thrown a bottle onto the pitch - there were 3 gardai infront of that section & they sorted things out quickly. I was about 12 rows away so not sure what happened but some people around said it was a naggin bottle thrown

Da Real Rover
21/07/2005, 6:29 PM
Did anyone else hear on the 71st minute exactly some Glens fan shout out 'youz IRA bast@rd'.

Troy.McClure
21/07/2005, 6:57 PM

It was a Glens guy I think, twas really funny though :D

Was it just me or did george Hamilton call Richie Baker DESSIE Baker almost all night long? There were people talking over the tv at home so I couldnt really hear.

speedking
21/07/2005, 9:45 PM
Did anyone else hear on the 71st minute exactly some Glens fan shout out 'youz IRA bast@rd'.
As pointed out in my post... Except with a Norn Iron accent. :D