PDA

View Full Version : Shels 6 - 2 Glens

Pages : [1] 2 3

Munchie
14/07/2005, 5:27 PM
jus wonderin if any fans from other clubs will be goin to tolka next wednesday?? im a bohs fan and im going to cheer on shels!! :cool:

Stevo Da Gull
14/07/2005, 5:51 PM
I'll be goin anyway, c'mon Shels :ball:

Anto McC
14/07/2005, 5:53 PM
Cheers lads,you are very welcome.

centre mid
14/07/2005, 6:07 PM
Yeah if i'm not working late i will toddle on down to cheer on shels, its great to see all this warmth towards other El teams, i wonder are their man oo fans on other forums sending congratulation messages to loverpool fans over there win last night?

Slash/ED
14/07/2005, 6:40 PM
It was hardly a breath taking win to be fair :p

Yeah you're all more than welcome lads, hopefully we'll finish the job.

Poor Student
14/07/2005, 6:52 PM
jus wonderin if any fans from other clubs will be goin to tolka next wednesday?? im a bohs fan and im going to cheer on shels!! :cool:

I think I am getting my gf and my little bro to go who don't care about the eL. I got them to the Deportivo game last year. :D

pineapple stu
14/07/2005, 7:27 PM
Had to rearrange to work drinking-thingy for the Wednesday...otherwise I'd be there... :(

Troy.McClure
14/07/2005, 8:15 PM

I probably will:( (I hate giving money to the Hooligan, but Id rather the coefficient points)

higgins
14/07/2005, 8:18 PM
Everyone should be cheering on Shels next Wed and Cork and Longford the night after...

Why not..??

Its great for the league!!
A rise in tide lifts all boats and all that.

Its very small minded to think that if all teams get knocked out of Europe every year the league will improve. Who else and what else will bring money into the league?

EnDai
14/07/2005, 8:36 PM
You're all more than welcome ladies! :D

Troy.McClure
14/07/2005, 8:40 PM
Everyone should be cheering on Shels next Wed and Cork and Longford the night after...

Why not..??

Its great for the league!!
A rise in tide lifts all boats and all that.

Its very small minded to think that if all teams get knocked out of Europe every year the league will improve. Who else and what else will bring money into the league?

Im not saying that at all, I want Shels to get as far as they can* but I still hate giving money to Oily Ollie.

*I want Cork to be the first team in the the CL group stages though, so then we're the ones dominating the leaague for ever :D :o Selfish, I know

Anto McC
14/07/2005, 8:49 PM
Im not saying that at all, I want Shels to get as far as they can* but I still hate giving money to Oily Ollie.

*I want Cork to be the first team in the the CL group stages though, so then we're the ones dominating the leaague for ever :D :o Selfish, I know

You will still come up with debts here and there and once again their will be no money for players,I mean you are pulling 50,000 a week for home games and still no money :D

kenbo
15/07/2005, 9:56 PM
Munchie-good to hear ure comin know ure a die hard bohs fan and al wanna see tat strip now wen we go to the match-got ure ticket dis mornin-€6!!! pay up!!!!!!!!!

Gerrit
15/07/2005, 10:22 PM
I probably will:( (I hate giving money to the Hooligan, but Id rather the coefficient points)

Don't forget to all buy match programs and have some extra drinks, think of poor Ollie's bank account :D

ger121
16/07/2005, 6:28 AM
What's the deal with getting tickets on the night? Are there any seating restrictions due to away fans??

Slash/ED
16/07/2005, 8:58 PM
The Riverside is for the away fans aside from that it's general admission

Pablo
19/07/2005, 8:49 AM
will this "Battle of Britain" be on TV?

tiktok
19/07/2005, 8:54 AM
RTE have announced that they are showing it

Éanna
19/07/2005, 9:12 AM
"Battle of Britain"
love it :D

Schlooooomp
19/07/2005, 9:34 AM
I am not gonna be able to get a ticket until tomorrow before the game, do ye think it will be sold out or will there still be tickets available...

chat later

dcfcsteve
19/07/2005, 9:49 AM
will this "Battle of Britain" be on TV?

Nice try Pablo...... :D

Though as neither Northern or Southern Ireland are part of Britain, your gag would be just as relevant if you'd said 'Battle of Iberia'.... :eek: :p

C'mon de Shels !!

Drumcondra Red
19/07/2005, 9:52 AM
I am not gonna be able to get a ticket until tomorrow before the game, do ye think it will be sold out or will there still be tickets available...

chat later

Ring the club tomorrow and see how sales are going, tbh I'd say you 'd get a ticket, but if you can get someone to get you one, do, just in case.

I'd offer but already collected mine, and won't make it down before tomorrow!!!

Peadar
19/07/2005, 9:53 AM
neither Northern or Southern Ireland are part of Britain...

Shels are from Dublin, Steve, not "Southern" Ireland (Is there such a country?)
That's "West Britain" on all proper maps. :D

Pablo
19/07/2005, 6:58 PM
Brittish Derby matches are all tight affairs. i think the west brits will do it though

Schlooooomp
20/07/2005, 10:18 AM
Ring the club tomorrow and see how sales are going, tbh I'd say you 'd get a ticket, but if you can get someone to get you one, do, just in case.

I'd offer but already collected mine, and won't make it down before tomorrow!!!

thanks for the reply, I am gonna leave work at 4 and go to the ground on my way home, I should be ok for a ticket if I am there at 4:30 I think...

Poor Student
20/07/2005, 11:25 AM
I intend heading up a 6:30. There's no possible way Shels will sell out is there? :confused:

Gareth
20/07/2005, 11:29 AM
Love to see it sell out!!

Drumcondra Red
20/07/2005, 11:43 AM
thanks for the reply, I am gonna leave work at 4 and go to the ground on my way home, I should be ok for a ticket if I am there at 4:30 I think...

Yeah, you should be grand at that time, no harm in ringing, (01) 8375536

I intend heading up a 6:30. There's no possible way Shels will sell out is there? :confused:

Could be if there's only 2 stands open to us, but I'd say the ballybough end will be opened so no worries, drop into the bar before and say hello!!!

superfrank
20/07/2005, 11:47 AM
Nice try Pablo...... :D

Though as neither Northern or Southern Ireland are part of Britain, your gag would be just as relevant if you'd said 'Battle of Iberia'.... :eek: :p

C'mon de Shels !!
How about Battle of Hibernia then??

Schlooooomp
20/07/2005, 1:29 PM
Could be if there's only 2 stands open to us, but I'd say the ballybough end will be opened so no worries, drop into the bar before and say hello!!![/QUOTE]

I take it you will be the one in the Shels Jersey :D

Slash/ED
20/07/2005, 1:52 PM
Some changes on the ticket situation....

The Glentoran fans are now in the Ballybough end of the ground. That's the uncovered stand behind the goal, Shels fans will have the other three stands in the ground. That means there should be plenty of tickets available on the night as now the biggest stand in the ground, the Riverside stand, is open to our supporters. A crowd of around 7,000/8,000 is expected, it all depends on how many people buy tickets later today. Looking like it will be a good crowd anyway.

ThatGuy
20/07/2005, 1:55 PM
Hopefully the 90 minutes ends 2-1 to Glentoran and there is an energy-sapping extra-time for Shelbourne to sweat through before their inevitable thrashing at the hands of Steau should they progress, which I hope they don't.

Slash/ED
20/07/2005, 1:56 PM
You don't want to see your hero Crowe extend his European record? :confused:

ThatGuy
20/07/2005, 1:58 PM
You mean that money grabbing Judas **** ?

Wait, how can he be a money grabber, sure didn't he take a pay-cut to join Shels because they are such a big club!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Pablo
20/07/2005, 2:05 PM
best of luck from all of us here in Ireland

BohDiddley
20/07/2005, 2:10 PM
best of luck from all of us here in Ireland
Yes, I would also like to state my support for the non-(Bohs)-territory-grabbing Irish side in this fixture :D

De Town
20/07/2005, 2:21 PM
Some changes on the ticket situation....

The Glentoran fans are now in the Ballybough end of the ground. That's the uncovered stand behind the goal, Shels fans will have the other three stands in the ground. That means there should be plenty of tickets available on the night as now the biggest stand in the ground, the Riverside stand, is open to our supporters. A crowd of around 7,000/8,000 is expected, it all depends on how many people buy tickets later today. Looking like it will be a good crowd anyway.
not taking the píss or anything but are the Glens fans moved in case ye get outsung :confused:

BohDiddley
20/07/2005, 2:22 PM
not taking the píss or anything but are the Glens fans moved in case ye get outsung :confused:
Going by their home performance, the Glens are in no danger of outsinging even Shelbourne!

De Town
20/07/2005, 2:24 PM
Going by their home performance, the Glens are in no danger of outsinging even Shelbourne!
i know what you mean but they will outsing them even in the Ballybough, they are truly amazing when they are away from home, having seen them myself.

Slash/ED
20/07/2005, 2:24 PM

They're moving to free up an extra 4,000 or so tickets.

De Town
20/07/2005, 2:26 PM
They're moving to free up an extra 4,000 or so tickets.
ah rite. how many glens are expected?

seansouth
20/07/2005, 2:27 PM
It's possible.

but you can't deny that we made a great noise in Glentoran.

and we usually sound much better when in a proper covered stand, like in Inchicore we make an alright noise.

If you have a look at ShelsWeb there are endless threads about us moving to the Riverside as the home stand on a permanent basis, for this reason.

Jesus, other teams take small enough support to the Riverside, less than we have in the Drumcondra End and sound brilliant.

I am NOT saying we have the best fans in the world or anything like at that, and I accept that times we look and sound dismal.

Slash/ED
20/07/2005, 2:29 PM
ah rite. how many glens are expected?

They were given 2,000 tickets and sold 1,500 I think.

And the New stand v Riverside is an ongoing debate on shelsweb alright, this development could hopefully help the case for useing the Riverside, if not tonight (as it's very short notice) than down the line in the future.

De Town
20/07/2005, 2:31 PM
but you can't deny that we made a great noise in Glentoran.
no, ye were brilliant but glens are terrible at home, they were when we played them in the setanta but away from home they are fantastic :) :ball:

elroy
20/07/2005, 3:17 PM
I cant understand how any Irish football fan would not support shels tonight, and LFD and cork tomorrow. Come on shels, fancy them to win by 2/3. Were miles better in belfast.

sligoman
20/07/2005, 3:18 PM
My prediction for tonight is 2-1 to Shels

Poor Student
20/07/2005, 3:25 PM
Just gave Shels a call, they've opened the other stand and the lady on the phone said there's plenty of tickets. So don't shy away if you're thinking of heading down late.

Slash/ED
20/07/2005, 3:27 PM
Copied and pasted from shelsweb....

One ticket caravan located at the top of Richmond Road junction with Drumcondra Rd outside Prescotts Dry Cleaners.

One ticket caravan half-way down Richmond Rd outside The Panelling Centre.

Poor Student
20/07/2005, 3:31 PM
Is there student discount Slash?

Slash/ED
20/07/2005, 3:32 PM
I haven't a clue to be honest with you, but generally our prices are 6 for childen, 10 for students and 15 for adults, and as far as I know it's the same rates for today so there should be.