PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Drumcondra

chippie0001
20/07/2005, 5:11 PM
I guess you can't bring Shels fans anywhere :cool: , according to Newstalk on the 6pm news, there has been a number of clashs between fans before the game. Up to 30 to 40 gardia called in to calm things down but now under control. I guess it must be fans of other Dublin clubs again :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ShelsTim
20/07/2005, 5:20 PM
I guess you can't bring Shels fans anywhere :cool: , according to Newstalk on the 6pm news, there has been a number of clashs between fans before the game. Up to 30 to 40 gardia called in to calm things down but now under control. I guess it must be fans of other Dublin clubs again :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, ****ing rovers. ;)

Jerry The Saint
20/07/2005, 5:40 PM
Yeah, ****ing rovers. ;)

Why would they come all the way down from Sligo just to cause trouble :confused:

ShelsTim
20/07/2005, 5:43 PM
Why would they come all the way down from Sligo just to cause trouble :confused:

Yeah, that's what I'ld like to know. Damn sligo rovers scummers. :)

Sheridan
20/07/2005, 5:48 PM
Can someone set up a poll proposing the withdrawal of access to the rolling-eyes smiley from Bohs/Rovers fans (or those, like Chippie, of mixed affiliation)?

They don't half abuse the privilege, and usually without just cause.

WeAreRovers
20/07/2005, 6:08 PM
Can someone set up a poll proposing the withdrawal of access to the rolling-eyes smiley from Bohs/Rovers fans (or those, like Chippie, of mixed affiliation)?

Mixed affiliation!! And this from the world's numero uno Dublin City/Bohs fan. I feel some more eye-rolling coming on........ :rolleyes:

KOH

pete
20/07/2005, 6:11 PM
Are Oily & Roddy fighting again?

OneRedArmy
20/07/2005, 6:14 PM
This sounds fishy. Even if the Glens fans came down early, who would they have to fight with more than 2 hours before the kick off? I wouldn't imagine Drumcondra was rammed with Shels fans all afternoon?

joeraki
20/07/2005, 7:08 PM
Hopefully theres trouble if Shels keep up that bloody whooo whooo indian chant. Without doubt the gayest chant in EL history :rolleyes:

hamish
20/07/2005, 9:50 PM
There was something about the trouble on the Irish Soccer/Eircom League website before the game started. It mentioned people with ****** shirts involved in attacking the Glens fans. Was there anything on RTE 9pm news about it??

CollegeTillIDie
20/07/2005, 9:55 PM
There was something about the trouble on the Irish Soccer/Eircom League website before the game started. It mentioned people with ****** shirts involved in attacking the Glens fans. Was there anything on RTE 9pm news about it??
Heard reports on the radio and then others on Newstalk106 that the whole thing was blown out of all proportions. Was too busy watching the match to see the RTE 9pm news myself

hamish
20/07/2005, 9:59 PM
Heard reports on the radio and then others on Newstalk106 that the whole thing was blown out of all proportions. Was too busy watching the match to see the RTE 9pm news myself

Same here - missed the news 'cos of the game. Glad it wasn't a big problem. Then, I suppose if someone got a kicking, they mightn't agree. :(

harry crumb
20/07/2005, 10:02 PM
Evens this is front of tabloid tommorrow instead of the performance of the players.

1/2 The Star

hamish
20/07/2005, 10:03 PM
Evens this is front of tabloid tommorrow instead of the performance of the players.

1/2 The Star

Ah fcuk no. Just when I was praising The Star for being fair to local footie on another thread. :(

Munchie
20/07/2005, 10:06 PM
i was in drumcoondra round 6!! no trouble at all!! all i saw was a bit of harmless slagging off!! gud atmosphere outside the ground!!

Anto McC
20/07/2005, 11:21 PM
Here is a link (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/euroclub/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=18300) to the story

CollegeTillIDie
20/07/2005, 11:32 PM
Was it a few SPL wannabe scum that were involved? I wonder..... :rolleyes:

hamish
20/07/2005, 11:47 PM
Quote: "Shels Chief Executive Ollie Byrne had claimed that the club's security arrangements would cope with any POTENTIAL TROUBLE".

Does that include Olly himself? :D

dfx-
21/07/2005, 12:02 AM
................. :rolleyes:

hamish
21/07/2005, 12:02 AM
................. :rolleyes:

Just messin', dfx, just messin' :D ;)

dfx-
21/07/2005, 12:14 AM
. I feel some more eye-rolling coming on........ :rolleyes:

I was referring to this post sirhamish - and Sheridan's 'plea' to remove the rolling eyes for Rovers supporters - I was just fulfilling my duty as a Rovers' supporter.. :rolleyes: :D

We all know about Olly.. :D

hamish
21/07/2005, 12:21 AM
I was referring to this post sirhamish - and Sheridan's 'plea' to remove the rolling eyes for Rovers supporters - I was just fulfilling my duty as a Rovers' supporter.. :rolleyes: :D

We all know about Olly.. :D

Funny thing is, d f x , I dealt with Olly a couple of times in my football days and found him very helpful. I even sent him a letter from the shower I was involved with supporting some Shels project he was developing - I think he was looking for lottery money. He also asked for a list of Dublin schools so that Shels could work in that area to strengthen their links there - great idea.
He was also helpful to the likes of Athlone and Beeslow getting English clubs over for pre-season friendlies so fair's fair.
I wish, though, he wouldn't lose the head and get himself in trouble with fans, clubs, ex-boxers etc. He doesn't need to.

dfx-
21/07/2005, 12:26 AM
But all that work is tarnished by both his actions and his subsequent reputation - you can't expect to be 'allowed' or condoned what he has done just because of the amount of help you offer someone else.. :(

But anyway, there's not much point in deliberating Olly's good and bad points again...

hamish
21/07/2005, 12:33 AM
But all that work is tarnished by both his actions and his subsequent reputation - you can't expect to be 'allowed' or condoned what he has done just because of the amount of help you offer someone else.. :(

But anyway, there's not much point in deliberating Olly's good and bad points again...

Yeah agreed d f x - maybe I'm just a big softy but while I cannot condone him acting the maggot , he has done a lot of good as well and, you're right, there's no point in going over it again - it'll only get the Corky Boys** started and they're a like a dog with a bone when they get going on Shels. :D I never meant to convey the impression that I was condoning his misbehaviour by praising his good deeds. I just wanted to let you know my personal experiences of him, that's all. Sorry about that.

**That's me fcuked with them now. :D

dfx-
21/07/2005, 12:42 AM
it'll only get the Corky Boys** started and they're a like a dog with a bone when they get going on Shels.

And vice versa in his defence..... :rolleyes: :D

That's me fcuked with them now

Who cares - they're big, old and definitely ugly enough to put up with it.. :p :D

hamish
21/07/2005, 12:54 AM
And vice versa in his defence.....: :D

Who cares - they're big, old and definitely ugly enough to put up with it..

That's YOU fcuked with them now LOL :D - I'm sure you care. :D

Carefull with the "old" jibe now :D I'm the oldest in Footieland. LOL

patsh
21/07/2005, 7:22 AM
it'll only get the Corky Boys** started and they're a like a dog with a bone when they get going on Shels.

**That's me fcuked with them now. :D
:rolleyes:

Oily Who?

$h€l$???

:D

Cosmo
21/07/2005, 7:29 AM
I was hanging around drumcondra from just after 6 having a few cans of the good dutchy gold stuff and there wasn't a hint of trouble. Was talking to a few glentoran fans who were spot on. They were a totally different crowd to the linfield fans, though they were singing 'F**k the pope and the IRA', though no problems with that, you'd expect it.

According to the craptown mb their supports bus got attacked going through craptown

green-blood
21/07/2005, 8:02 AM
" I even sent him a letter from the shower"

ah thats just not right

Gareth
21/07/2005, 8:06 AM
The fans in the stadium were all well behaved. On the exit of the Gelntoran fans, the crowd appluaded them and they applauded back. I walked up Gracepark road with lots of Glens fans around and they were fine. As their buses past us, they honked the horn and waved and clapped us as we passed and we did likewise back.

We any number of people going to a game, someone will say something to the wrong person and a scuffle will start. Fvck the papers and radio if they think it worth highlighting when it could be as easy ignored?

pete
21/07/2005, 9:22 AM
Newstalk don't exactly check facts as they'd read any old text out on live radio.

NY Hoop
21/07/2005, 12:19 PM
Was it a few SPL wannabe scum that were involved? I wonder..... :rolleyes:

What does that mean?

Trouble outside tolka? Well if there was anybody wearing any green and white hooped jersies then it has to be Rovers fans. But methinks oily the criminal has learnt his lesson from last time when there were no arrests at the setanta cup final despite his ongoing protestations.

KOH

Schumi
21/07/2005, 1:35 PM
I got there about 7 and there were plenty of Glentoran fans around singing (couldn't make much of it out though) but no trouble at all.

holidaysong
21/07/2005, 6:50 PM
I was hanging around drumcondra from just after 6 having a few cans of the good dutchy gold stuff and there wasn't a hint of trouble. Was talking to a few glentoran fans who were spot on. They were a totally different crowd to the linfield fans, though they were singing 'F**k the pope and the IRA', though no problems with that, you'd expect it.

According to the craptown mb their supports bus got attacked going through craptown

Yeah the windows got bricked. :o

http://www.irishleagueforums.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37178&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0721/glentoran.html

hamish
21/07/2005, 7:19 PM
" I even sent him a letter from the shower"

ah thats just not right

LOL :D :D :D