Best - Johnathan speake
Worst - Ian rossiter- donkey

Iorfa
20/07/2005, 2:51 PM
Best - Gary Dempsey
Worst - Kevin O'Brien

Roo69
20/07/2005, 2:58 PM
Just so i cant vote right, is it best player or favourite (cult hero) player ?

Schumi
20/07/2005, 3:06 PM
UCD
Best: Mick O'Byrne (by reputation)
Worst: Glen Fitzpatrick

sligoman
20/07/2005, 3:08 PM
Sligo Rovers:

Best: Liam Burns
Worst: Gareth Gorman

harpskid
20/07/2005, 3:37 PM
It was I who did the Harps wan for the Herald so it's as you were:

Best: Speakie

Worst: Jason Lydiate

Btw Sligoman- Gareth Gorman ranks a close second to Lydiate in mine too. He must be disliked everywhere :ball:

Poor Student
20/07/2005, 3:40 PM
Best: Robbie Doyle
Worst: Ain't gonna say as I'm only going by players I've seen and he's still at the club. ;)

tiktok
20/07/2005, 3:41 PM
At your own club or through the league?

CCFC
Best - Pat Morley
Worst - Liam O'Brien

League
Best - Liam Coyle
Worst - Liam O'Brien

ThatGuy
20/07/2005, 3:51 PM

CCFC
Worst - Liam O'Brien

League
Worst - Liam O'Brien
Idiot :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
20/07/2005, 4:02 PM

CCFC
Best - Pat Morley
Worst - Liam O'Brien

Totally agree! Maybe he was good in the 80's for Rovers, but god he was $hite with us!

superfrank
20/07/2005, 4:03 PM
Best:Charles

Worst:Keego (just saying his name annoys me!!)

ThatGuy
20/07/2005, 4:06 PM
Best:Charles

FFS people's nominations are ludicrous. If Paul Keegan is Bray's worst player ever then I'm a chinaman.

De Town
20/07/2005, 4:08 PM
what did he do to you :confused:

LTFC

Best: digger/stuie byrne
Worst: sini savic closely followed by Kevin McCormack

League

Best: Liam Coyle
worst: sini savic closely followed by Kevin McCormack

lofty9
20/07/2005, 4:09 PM
Best : Liam Coyle for sheer talent and ability, although we had legends and proven professionals such as Denis Tuert, Alan Sunderland, Neil Mc Nab, and David Kelly, none of them could do what he did.

Worst: Andy Moran, who we had on Loan from tranmere for a season (last spotted playing for Rhyl.

superfrank
20/07/2005, 4:10 PM
FFS people's nominations are ludicrous. If Paul Keegan is Bray's worst player ever then I'm a chinaman.
The worst as in I think he was the worst personality at the club, etc. He is an alright player but I really don't like him.

Worst player (ability-wise):I honestly don't know

Roo69
20/07/2005, 4:10 PM

How many times did you see him play for Bray ? probably about as many times as us, he was never on the pitch long enough for us to rate him, ALWAYS on the treatment table, cost us a fortune having him at the club and he gave us virtually nothing in return, then left us in the lurch after the club had been so good to him.

gustavo
20/07/2005, 4:12 PM
Best :Raf Cretaro
Worst : Gareth Gorman.

superfrank
20/07/2005, 4:14 PM
what did he do to you :confused:
He's disloyal, you've been warned.

I'm not 100% sure of the facts but I've heard that he was player/assistant manager and Bohs offered him a deal and he left quicker than you can say Judas.

De Town
20/07/2005, 4:16 PM
He's disloyal, you've been warned.

I'm not 100% sure of the facts but I've heard that he was player/assistant manager and Bohs offered him a deal and he left quicker than you can say Judas.
ah well, if he keeps scoring winners in cup finals i dont really care :p

1 9 2 8
20/07/2005, 8:52 PM
Same as red til dead
Best:Liam Burns

GavinZac
20/07/2005, 8:52 PM
best: patsy freyne

worst: micky buckley :D or, if we only count someone who's played more than 10 minutes of football, colin p o'brien. hid first few games he was declared the new pele but after that he did nothing. well, maybe ger dobbs was worse, but he fooled us into thinking he was a striker when he was clearly a right back :D

Maynard
20/07/2005, 9:17 PM
1st Division: Best - Sweat McGauley
Worst - Alan O'Connor

Premier Division: Best - Gary O'Neill
Worst - Efan Ekoku/Marc Kenny...take your pick :rolleyes:

Colm
20/07/2005, 9:25 PM
For Cork City....

Best: Pat Morley (soon to be eclipsed by Georgie?)

Worst: It's too hard to say, there have been so many useless guys over the years who may have only played a game or two. I think it's absolutely ridiculous to say Liam O'Brien. Fair enough, he wasn't great and didn't live up to his hype or past glory but to label the worst ever is a bit much.

sligoman
20/07/2005, 10:37 PM
Sligo Rovers:
Best: Liam Burns

best:liam burns
worst:who else gareth gorman

Same as red til dead
Best:Liam Burns
Looks like we're all along the same lines then :D

Anto McC
20/07/2005, 10:49 PM
Best: Shero
Worst:Junkie Molloy

CollegeTillIDie
20/07/2005, 10:57 PM
Best: past :Ken "Legend" O'Doherty Current: There's only one Tony Mc

Worst: Brian "Stretch" Dunne 0+3 sub appearances... He had pace but could not kick a ball ... 3 sub appearances too many (1979/80 season for those not in the know)

Sheridan
20/07/2005, 11:22 PM
1st Division: Best - Sweat McGauley
Worst - Alan O'Connor
AO'C worse than Andy Noonan? :eek: :confused:

Worst: Well, Marc Kenny lacked it all - fitness, a professional attitude, determination - and was a unreconstructed Rovers c*nt to boot. Efan Ekoku, the Nigerian Trevor Vaughan (had that same "I'd rather be anywhere but on this pitch right now" aura about him) looked a class act for the first ten minutes of his début (which doubled as his penultimate appearance), so that rules him out. But my vote has to go to Pierre Ennis. His performance against St. Pat's at Tolka Park was the most spectacular display of ineptitude I've ever seen at any level of professional sport.

Best: Gary O'Neill.

Worst XI:
John Browne
Pierre Ennis, Ronnie Henry, Scott Friel, Paul Courtney
Keith Maher, Pat Deans, Marc Kenny, Gavin Doyle
Peter Hynes, Efan Ekoku.

Bit harsh on Mahersy, who never realised his enormous potential as a striker. But a disaster on the right wing.

Best XI:
Brendan Kennedy
Toccy O'Connor, Thomas McGauley, Ben Whelehan, Wes Byrne
Cottsy O'Connor, Paul Crowley, Barry Burke, Killian Brennan
Gary O'Neill, Robbie Farrell (trust me, he was class until about October 2003.)

dfx-
21/07/2005, 12:10 AM
Best: Eccles/Brazil/Cousins
Worst: Gough/Sherlock/Kenny

League:
Best: Liam Coyle
Worst: I couldn't possibly know..

pineapple stu
21/07/2005, 12:14 AM
Best - Tony McDonnell. Barry Ryan not far off.
Worst - Barry Andrews. Good God!

Second (and distant!) worst - take your pick. We've had so many, it's not funny. Try Ken Kilmurray, Glen Fitzpatrick, Greg O'Dowd, Andy Noonan, Mark Rooney, Niall Donnelly, Alan Gallen...

Ringo
21/07/2005, 5:54 AM
Best XI:
Cottsy O'Connor, Robbie Farrell (trust me, he was class until about October 2003.)

I think you've your rose coloured specs on! cottsy was a bit hit & miss, Robbie was lazy, he could have been great.

Comic Book Guy
21/07/2005, 7:32 AM
Cobh Ramblers

Best: Steve Yelverton
Worst: Gareth O'Donovan

tiktok
21/07/2005, 7:43 AM
What a clown. He might have been **** for youse, but he's certainly not one of the worst players to play in the League.:rolleyes:

Idiot :rolleyes:

Attack the posts and all that. :rolleyes:

Liam O'Brien IMO is the worst player to pull on a Cork City shirt, I absolutely stand by that. He was a former international with bags of experience of top flight football, he was still fit and should have been one of City's best players after he arrived.

Instead he was a lazy, ineffective waste of our collective time and money.

He's the worst player IMO because he was the biggest waste of talent I've seen in my time as a City fan. Sure we've had players who've been technically poorer, but I can't think of a single other player who cared so little about the club he was representing. He didn't give a fcuk, and to me there's no worse trait, I can handle lack of talent if the player tries.

I'll grant you there may have been worse players for other clubs, (I'm sure DCFC fans would feel the same about Efan Ekoku for example) but in my experience he's the biggest disappointment, the biggest waste of money and the laziest player I've had the misfortune to pay money to see in the years and years I've been attending LOI matches.

If you disagree, fine, but leave the idiot crap somewhere else, such intelligent responses just make it look like 'pot calling kettle black' :rolleyes:

BrayZil
21/07/2005, 8:38 AM
Best: John Walsh, Maurice Farrell, Dermot Judge

Worst: Thomas Morgan, Eddie Van Boxtel

Dee75
21/07/2005, 9:24 AM
Best: Liam Coyle (Obviously)
Worst: Mark Ennis. Scored loads for Pats and came to Derry and scored one or two(!! :mad: )

patsh
21/07/2005, 9:33 AM
* sheridan, you're not pepsi from the old eircom league board are you?
Wot?
Like Pepsi and Sher(l)i?:p

tiktok
21/07/2005, 9:58 AM
QED.
You claimed he was the worst player ever in the league but conceed other clubs may have had other worse players. :rolleyes:

Yeah, of course, may have had worse players, I haven't seen and rated every player at every club in the history of LOI. Of the players I know, Liam O'Brien is, IMO, the worst.

Anyway, I've laid out my reasons for my opinion that O'Brien is the worst EL player I've seen. I stand by it.
It's only an opinion, you're welcome to your own.

KK77
21/07/2005, 10:35 AM
How many times did you see him play for Bray ? probably about as many times as us, he was never on the pitch long enough for us to rate him, ALWAYS on the treatment table, cost us a fortune having him at the club and he gave us virtually nothing in return, then left us in the lurch after the club had been so good to him.

Didn't realise around 2001 he was on the treatment table more than the pitch funny how he got such good reviews from the treatment table as i seem to remember him scoring a fair few for us and how highly rated he was at the time and how much he brought to the team i even remember Dermot Keely being interviewed and saying he wouldn't have been one he rated before he went to the States but how he proved him wrong so he must have played a few games well the Keegan i watched certainly did.

As regards leaving Bray i don't see how anyone could blame him he got a better offer to play with a full time team and i think he was proved right in the end he won a league medal and two cup medals since then. I think a lot of people have a go at him because they couldn't accept he wanted to leave to further his career.
I think a lot of it is a bit rich as 99% of players would have done the same if we are being honest.

To say he brought nothing is a bit much sure he improved the team no end but then some people may have only really started going regularly to the games recently so they wouldn't really know much about his time at Bray.

Just out of interested did Devo and certain players not leave the club over the years to further their careers????

BrayZil
21/07/2005, 10:53 AM
Didn't realise around 2001 he was on the treatment table more than the pitch funny how he got such good reviews from the treatment table as i seem to remember him scoring a fair few for us and how highly rated he was at the time and how much he brought to the team i even remember Dermot Keely being interviewed and saying he wouldn't have been one he rated before he went to the States but how he proved him wrong so he must have played a few games well the Keegan i watched certainly did.

As regards leaving Bray i don't see how anyone could blame him he got a better offer to play with a full time team and i think he was proved right in the end he won a league medal and two cup medals since then. I think a lot of people have a go at him because they couldn't accept he wanted to leave to further his career.
I think a lot of it is a bit rich as 99% of players would have done the same if we are being honest.

To say he brought nothing is a bit much sure he improved the team no end but then some people may have only really started going regularly to the games recently so they wouldn't really know much about his time at Bray.

Just out of interested did Devo and certain players not leave the club over the years to further their careers????

Paul Keegan as a player did ok for Bray. But you don't know the half of it! He's an absolute s**m bag! We paid a hell of a lot of money for him to go to the states and get treatment on his knee among other things and then he totally stabbed Bray and Devo in the back. He signed for Bohs before even having the decency to tell Devo. Totally took us for a mug. He's doesn’t care about anyone and is only out for what he can get! Judas!

superfrank
21/07/2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah but at least they came back and it's not as if they were relatively new signings.

I assume you are reffering to Doohan, Gormley, Charles, etc.

Éanna
21/07/2005, 11:11 AM
Best Patsy Freyne
Worst Liam O'Brien for sheer lack of effort

Rory H
21/07/2005, 11:12 AM
best:john o hara[sorry burnsy you are 2nd]
worst:gareth gorman....

gustavo
21/07/2005, 11:28 AM
seems every1 else is putting best of all time and worst of all time except us !
so in that vein

best : tony fagan
worst :gabriel ojo :D

TheOwl
21/07/2005, 11:34 AM
Best: Stephen Geogo just beats Shero
Worst: Neil Trebble

exiled_gufc_fan
21/07/2005, 6:07 PM
Galway United:

Best - Any of Kevin Cassidy, Richie Blackmore, Denis Bonner, Larry Wyse, Tommy Keane, Gerry Mullan and Paul McGee.

[ok showing that I've not been to many matches in the last few years or the first few years]

Worst - Where to start ... Mickey McLaughlin (though maybe unfair as I'm to you to remember his earlier years); Neville Steedman; Pa Dunne

And again, some of the drivel I've witnessed at Terryland in the last few trips back home might be unfair on players as I've only seen them at most twice in a season.

Da Real Rover
21/07/2005, 6:44 PM
Best; Fago and currently Saint Paul
Worst;Gareth Gorman

scrappy harp
21/07/2005, 8:26 PM
You sligo rovers fans really love gareth gorman dont ya's-

sonofstan
21/07/2005, 11:09 PM
Best : Dominic Foley
Worst : Dominic Foley ....

No Sorry, Really it's

Best: Kevin Hunt

Worst:Colin Hawkins

fbtn
22/07/2005, 2:43 PM
Finn Harps:

Legends: Brendan Bradley, Johnny Speak, Kevin McHugh, Jim Sheridan

Pooh merchants: Alan Young, John Doherty (ex-Celt), José Mokendi, Alex Nesovic

Okay I cheated but too many good and bad to choose from. I'd trouble limiting it to four. :confused:

garykelly
22/07/2005, 2:51 PM
Legends: Dixie Dean, Tony Fagan, Paul McGee, Eddie Annand,Will Hastie

Worst: Everyone knows worst so not saying it again :D

Legends in the making: Liam Burns, McNamara, John O'Hara, Conor O'Grady, Kupono Low

None of above is in any particular order.

wexford boy
22/07/2005, 5:33 PM
dont really have a team but in the league:

Best: Osam.great player and a fantastic guy

Worst:dnt know this chap and cant think of his first name sumting JACKSON.played with athlone when i saw him.RUBBISH